main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] "I Carry Your Heart..." S/U.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota Disclaimer: Borrowing with adoration.

Genre: Lots of mush.

AN: A Spock origins leading to now kind of fic. :cool:

Characters: Sarek/Amanda, OCs, and the Enterprise ensemble. S/U natch.

~~~~~!!

Becoming a parent is a momentous circumstance. It engenders a reflective and reminiscing mood, as a matter of course. It did so for my bondmate, who is an avid diarist. When I told her I would be doing something similar, she was thrilled.

She hugged me fiercely and said: "Oh darling! How terrific!"

I promised her I would let her read the entries, as she had let me do with her own.

Sharing such things has increased our closeness.

+++++

TBC and SQUEE!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    RX_Sith likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice beginning

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Ditto.

What does S/U mean?

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    In the 2009 Trek reboot, Spock was paired with the amazing Uhura. S/U -- my non-SW OTP to end and begin them all! ^:)^ ;)

JediMaster_Jen and Sith-I-5 like this.
  5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, this was such a sweet beginning. I'm looking forward to seeing where this one goes! [face_love][face_love]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The section of the post that occurs in the "now" will be in different font.

~~~!

Traditions of culture that are held to only because they are traditions regardless of their utility or relevance is something that parents and a society needs to grapple with and come to terms with.

When it came to my dual heritage, my mother, out of respect and genuine admiration for many of the tenets of my father's culture, did not gainsay his desire for me to embrace these, except when it came to the Khas-wan. She was adamant that this was "an archaic and unnecessary" throwback to former times.

However, when he insisted that to not undergo it would close many minds and doors in the future, she reluctantly relented.

I felt obliged and impelled to excel more than any of my age cohorts. The fact that I did so was naturally not commented on overtly by my father but I could tell he was pleased. Mother on the other hand was relieved.

Another aspect that he and she had a difference upon was the bonding of prominent families. She was totally bewildered by his insistence on this matter.

"Sarek. You did not enter into an arranged life-bond. So why do you insist that it is preferable?" She demanded.

"I did not say it was preferable. My career path has opened up the opportunity to meet a diverse range of individuals, so it was thought best that I be unattached; besides, I was fortunate to find a suitable life-mate early on."

Of course I was not consulted on whether I wished to enter into such an arrangement. That was not the way things were done.

Nyota frowned as she examined this current entry. "Your mother must have often felt caught in the middle." She commented with sympathy. "And when she was proved correct, did she refrain from saying "I told you so?"

"I am not aware that she ever did one way or the other." I confessed, and she laughed.

"You had a delicate road to walk, you know." She observed thoughtfully. "And you accomplished it wonderfully." Her eyes glowed with admiration.

"It was not something I gave thought to." I answered thoughtfully. "I saw what the situation demanded and sought to meet the dictates of it."

She merely smiled and sent loving adulation to me across our bond.

++++

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    RX_Sith likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

My academic mentors, Tuvor & Solon encouraged me to pursue the hard sciences, as opposed to life sciences. This was where my acumen lay.

My interest in diverse worlds and societies exerted a tug to explore a divergent career path and a broader one than would be expected.

My father seemed to assume this reflected an aspersion on our culture, which it did not. Mother understood that the two were not mutually exclusive.

When they realized my mind was set on Starfleet, they acquiesced, she with more wholehearted approbation.

Nyota beamed. "I personally am very happy you prevailed!"

I replied with affectionate amusement: "Of this I have no doubt and can well believe."

She laughed. "We never would've met for one thing!"

I relented and admitted this was so; I embraced her, and we shared a kiss.

++++++
    @};- :)

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this is such a riveting examination of the road that led Spock to where he is now. I particularly liked the bits about Amanda and Sarek navigating the tricky waters of raising a child with a dual heritage. They largely succeeded to the best of their ability, but I am with Amanda in scratching my head over some of the more 'traditional ways for the sake of tradition.' Especially with T'Pring - no matter that Sarek was a smooth talker there. [face_mischief] I adore how much you showed the partnership between Spock's parents, too - even when it feels like Amanda may have been the one giving to her husband's culture more often than not. There was still a beautiful bond between them. [face_love]

I like to imagine she did! Just a teensy, classy bit, of course. ;)

And of course she was proud of Spock joining Starfleet! He really is putting the best of both his worlds into his career there.

This has been a fascinating, wonderful character study so far! I can't wait to see where it goes next. [face_love]=D=

[:D]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    As things progressed, I found a niche scientifically and academically. Christopher Pike and Derek Weston were colleagues and friends who smoothed a path and helped me to acclimate.

It did not occur to me to communicate with T'Pring except on a very cursory nature. It certainly did not feel necessary for the mundane much less the pivotal.

I did not feel her snugly tucked in the corner of my mind/psyche, as I felt one must with a potential bondmate. I found this quite puzzling by its absence, until a contrast arose.

Then realization dawned as I forged a friendship with Nyota... something natural unfolded between us, a spontaneity and a richness of exchange.

So, as she would phrase it ... this is love.

Nyota beamed and squeezed me when she read that.

"Yes, my darling love! This is!!!"

I kissed her and had to admit I found her exuberance refreshing and invigorating.

++++++

:D

JediMaster_Jen and RX_Sith like this.
  10. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Just got caught up reading and loving the special introspective culture and traditions that not only make up the Vulcan society but how intermixed it is between human society as well as if it is a link between these two cultures that is more universal than both realize.

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! I loved this update - especially his reflecting on the difference between his relationships with Nyota and T'Pring. His wondering about a lack of connection, only to understand it when the right connection comes along is just beautiful! You're supposed to want to talk about anything and everything - being close friends is intrinsic to any romantic relationship, and he was definitely missing that with T'Pring.

Beautiful update, as always. ;) =D=[face_love]

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Beautiful how you weave everything together. :)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for that, Jen. It's great to see you in all these threads. @};-

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    caught up reading how Spock became the friend he is for Nyota

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: I love glades with waterfalls and couple-associations with them. [face_love]

For the English Restoration Theater Challenge:
    #16:
    I attempt from love's sickness to fly in vain,
    Since I am myself my own fever and pain.
    No more now, fond heart, with pride no more swell;
    Thou canst not raise forces enough to rebel.
    For love has more power and less mercy than fate,
    To make us seek ruin and love those that hate.

~~~~~~!!

She was in my blood & in my heart although of course I found explanations for my preoccupations with her unique and insightful slant on cultural and historical topics; the affectionately conveyed details of her family life which she shared regarding family vacations and happy milestones of her sister's children.

She leaned close on one occasion and her fragrance was soft lavender. "My 'padd is stuck." She said with an eye-roll. "Could you un-freeze it for me?"

I pressed a few buttons and re-routed a couple of underlying scripts and it was as good as new.

She beamed. "Thank you! Otherwise, I'd have to send it in and that takes ages! You're much more brilliant than the tech guys they have on staff, too."
    There was a laugh in her melodious voice.

I gave her an ironic glance. "And all without charging the exorbitant fees for repair."

"That, too." She laughed outright.

"Nyota ..." I broached, and I would not even attempt to deny the taste of her name was elixir.

"Yes?"

"I purchased this miniature landscape and immediately thought of you." I handed it to her: it was of a glade with a waterfall whose cascading waters caught the sunlight in myriad rainbows.

"Oh!" She exclaimed and hugged me impulsively. Then she blushed and sstarted to apologize.

"None needed." I assured her. No ... I didn't want to embrace her nor did I welcome the touch of her even in that most brief and spontaneous of gestures.

Nyota grinned as she read this. "Oh you! You had the hots for me even then! If I'd only known!!" She laughed.

I gave her an amused look. "As the days passed, and our friendship progressed, it became more and more difficult to deny the true nature and extent of my feelings for you."

"Yes, but once you did..." She smiled happily. "The rest was sweet history!"

+++++

@Mira_Jade [face_batting]
    :)

16. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful present in a beautiful location for a beautiful couple.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    spock and his love for Nyota, presenting her with a beautiful gift

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew, I'm here, my friend! Sorry for the delay in my reviews - DRL has been a nasty ol' Sith the last few weeks, which I apologize for. :oops:[face_blush]

But this was such a beautiful response to the challenge! I love the early stages of friendship and professional respect tottering on something more. Spock was happily in denial here, wasn't he? :p [face_mischief] But that makes the gift and the ruminations all the sweeter! I love their being able to re-share that moment again in retrospect. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. [face_love]

~~~~!!

Nyota took a sudden emergency leave during the summer break and notified all her instructors en masse that a close relative had taken ill. It was in the form of a group alert with no personal addenda. I had thought she would send something separate or more extensive to me, given our friendship, but she didn't.

I tried not to puzzle over this, and when she returned and told me that her relation had passed away, I offered sincere condolences.

"Thank you." She smiled warmly.

"It is hard to know what to do in such cases," I told her frankly, feeling comfortable enough to do so, "Does one invite speaking of the one who was lost or tactfully try to change the topic?"

She laughed softly. "That is something every one grapples with, I assure you! Somehow, I know this feels like a non-helpful answer, you just know when the person wants to share. Just be ready to listen whenever that is."

"Very well. I hope you know I shall be."

Her eyes misted. "That's very, very sweet of you. Thank you!"

There did come times when she shared happy and quirky memories of her great-grandmother, as it turned out to be. There was a nostalgic glow in her eyes, and a tender lilt to her voice.

"I got my love of varied and diverse cultures from her." She told me.

It was pleasant to learn some of what had led to Nyota's rich abundance of curiosity and delight in cultures new and old.

Later, when our relationship had deepened, I confided that I had been bemused by her lack of personal contact at the time the initial crisis had arisen.

"Oh! It was merely that it was such a shock. You know -- when your friend or family member has ups and downs in their health but you don't expect a drastic decline!"

"I understand; thank you for clarifying."

"It touches me that you were so attuned and concerned about me even as a friend." She said.

"It was and is easy to care about you and what you were going through."

"Oh, you sweet, sweet heart." She breathed.

+++++++

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock has been there for her in the past and in the now

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Sometimes that's all you can do - is provide an ear to listen! I love that Spock asked her what she needed, though, and was there to follow through in spades. Of course there was a deeper reason for his concern - but then, first and foremost, it's great to see their relationship cultivate as friends. It gives a wonderful foundation for later. [face_love]=D=

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :D

~~~~~!!!!

When it came down to it, Jim never quibbled about my recommendations on a mission. He came to respect my suggestions and weighed them heavier than most. I for my part respected his improvisational style. Something that never became a point of jocularity was our romantic relationships. He never offered up even in passing jest: "I don't know what she sees in you." On the contrary, we were supportive confidantes to one another in that department.

I valued his forthright encouragement -- "Don't let her stew ... apologize even if you don't know what you did to make her upset."

This advice came in handy on more than one occasion.

Nyota laughed. "Ah! So that's where that priceless bit of wisdom originated!"

"Indeed."

"I'll have to thank him for that." She teased.

I gazed into her laughing eyes and then kissed her tenderly.

++++
    [face_laugh]

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    don't let her stew ... apologize
    great advice for all

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! I loved this look at Spock and Kirk's relationship as much as anything else - it's great that they can take input from each other to heart so well. And, of course, the ladies appreciate it, too. ;) [face_love]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks, and you know the ladies are grateful ;) And that bit of advice certainly lessens or prevents couple tensions. [face_thinking]