main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How will Episode IX end?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Wildcatbarry, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    What are your theories on the ending of Ep9?

I'm gonna throw out a wild one: Rey will have FS offspring at the end of IX. They will be twins. SHe will take them to her New Jedi Order Temple on Tatooine.

2. Lady Rey

Lady Rey Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    I feel like the ST is going backwards. We had TPM and ANH end with a ceremony and AOTC ended with a wedding. ROTS, ESB and ROTJ ended on a somber note with either the bad or good guys winning like in TFA and TLJ. I see IX with a happy ending and with a uniting of both sides.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  3. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    They're REALLY going to have to rush a love story in Ep9 for that to happen. Unless she's like Shmi and just spontaneously gets pregnant.

I can't really picture how it will end, but I just hope it's a satisfying conclusion to not just this trilogy, but to all nine episodes.

4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    With credits. I kid.

Ben Solo exiled on Ach-Too.

5. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I think one thing is apparent...... the Jedi are not going to end.

The TLJ ending has shown and stated that fact.

Bowen, mlsw, Yora and 3 others like this.
  6. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    I'm voting for Tatooine.

learn where your grandfather came from and take up the life your namesake had.

7. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    Too bad Luke won't get to see their ultimate resurgence to glory, but...That's what Legends is for.

Force Smuggler and Wildcatbarry like this.
  8. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Another Ben hiding out on Tatooine? I love it! No really.

9. cut-of-space

cut-of-space Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2017
    All I want is a happy ending. The other details don't matter as much to me. After everything our heroes have been through they deserve it, please don't make them suffer too much. Give them a timeless & universal victory for the ages!

I predict it will also be somewhat open ended so people can use their imagination as to what happens next. There may be some lingering mysteries too, I'd be okay with that.

Here are extra ideas that would make me happy but aren't required: Rey & Finn will be the main couple in the end. Kylo will be put on trial and sentenced to space prison or exile. Lots of force ghosts will be there just like ROTJ. And a new generation of young Jedi will be flourishing in the galaxy! The Skywalker legacy will live on in Rey and the universe will forever be grateful to them. Luke gives a speech about how there will always be new evils arising, but as long as there are good people willing to fight the good fight, the darkness will never win. END.

10. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    We thought Ep. VI would be the 'happy ending.' I feel instead of celebrating they should prepare for the next time darkness rises.

11. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Rey and Ben watching the twinsunset with ghosts of Luke , Obi Wan , Yoda and Anakin .

12. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Seriously, I love the symmetry of it. Live like a pauper like your grandfather, really start to understand not only who Anakin was and where he came from but also learn about your namesake. You can't get into too much trouble on Tatooine, unless you go looking for it. And it's easy to find if your help is required.

And you can get a hopeful binary sunset to close out the three trilogies.

Skywalkers end where they all started. At peace on tatooine.

13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Also the idea that the guy who feels like a big important somebody who plays a major role in the story ends up living the life of a nobody on desert planet while the nobody girl from nothing rises to be one of the most important people in the galaxy.

scuiggefest, Haytham, blu and 2 others like this.
  14. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    All the heroes are having a party, celebrating their victory over the FO, and then in walks Lando saying, "Did I miss something?" The end.

15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Iris out I suppose lol.

Seriously,
    Poe...Chancellor to the new Republic. Statue erected of Leia where Palpatine's one stood.
    Finn...admiral or general. He will have been responsible for turning other stormtroopers against the First Order.
    Rey...head of new Jedi council. Statue there of Luke. Her #1 student? Stable boy.

Then flash forward. C3PO and R2 telling kids a story staring with "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away" iris out.

Jedi of Baker Street likes this.
  16. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    End credits with John Williams score.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  17. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    This might be a bridge too far but if Ben ends up on Tatooine maybe we'll then see Force Ghost Luke looking over him.
    I'll go one further. Force Ghost Luke appears to Ben and says, "Three lessons. Dawn." And that's how Ep. 9 ends.

blu and Birkendoc like this.
  18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hopefully not with a Celebration.. I also hope it doesn't end with force theme. Which i'm not to optimistic about that not happening, So sick of that..

19. Lady Rey

Lady Rey Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    I'd love to see FO and Resistance folks working together and rebuilding all they destroyed. Poor families and rich no longer tipping the scales one way or the other, and what Ben wanted, a new order but one that was fair and equal.

Ben in exile is interesting too. Anyone play Pokemon Black and White? I feel like the ST is similar. N was taken in by a horrible man who messed with his mind and your hero is his rival (one uses a black Pokemon, the other White) and when you are nearly defeated, N saves you and you defeat his "father" then he leaves for exile to try and comprehend all he lost, the lies he was fed and what his purpose is now.

20. Knoah

Knoah Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2017
    Id hate to see it end in another redemption story but I think that is what will happen with Kylo. Disney will want to show the new generation of fans what Star Wars is about.

21. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    The end of an era.. that is going to be super duper emotional. :(

I like your idea. Maybe a mix of preparation and celebration to cherish what has come before and get ready for the next. We might eventually get a trilogy with Rey, Finn and Poe to continue on the journey either under the Episodes X-XII name or a whole new banner to differentiate.

Things are looking great and the possibilities are really endless with the way Episode IX will go. :)

22. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Ben turns from the dark side (Leia is instrumental in this, even if she's not on screen), and the First Order / Rebellion conflict is resolved peacefully (Ex-stormstrooper Finn is instrumental in this). Ben is arrested. An island is his prison (given that a regular prison is unlikely to hold him). How the galaxy and our characters view him moving forward will definitely be a big part of the next trilogy.

During a final celebration, Rey meets Luke’s own masters Obi-Wan and Yoda. Rey accepts Poe's invitation to dance, suggesting she’s ready to move on and enjoy life. Rey sees Luke and his masters return to the Force forever.

23. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Han, Luke and Leia stand next to each other as force ghosts looking towards the ST characters as they look back and smile. I could smell this coming a mile away and it makes me sick to even think about that.

24. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    I really like the idea of Ben being exiled on an island. It reminds me of Napoléon's exile on Saint-Helena.

moxlox likes this.
  25. williamjj666

williamjj666 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2016
    on a funny note. may end with kylo ren and rey , the yin and yang of force uniting and causing the end of galaxy as we know it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    BalanceOfTheForce likes this.