main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Star Wars Adventures & SWA: Forces of Destiny comics (IDW)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's during, as Rey is preparing to leave Ahch-To for the Supremacy.

BigAl6ft6 and spicer like this.
  2. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Are you sure, because her hair isn't loose like it was before she boarded the Supremacy.

3. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Artistic licence?

4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I mean sure, but then what about in-universe consistency? I'd say it's easier to consider this story as taking place post-TLJ because of this. SPOILERS FOR THE LAST JEDI
    We know that there is at least one porg on the Falcon, and we also know that Chewie, Rey and R2 are the new "crew" on the ship after Han's death. Plus, there is no indication as to when exactly this story takes place, and so I'd go with post-TLJ. When post-TLJ, I guess it doesn't really matter at this point, other than after they drop the Rebellion/Resistance survivors wherever.

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I like "during".

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  7. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I got my lootcrate in the mail a few days ago, and was surprised they got an exclusive comic issue. As someone who is trying to get all comics and books from the new canon, this will make it hard. I would not have gotten it if I did not get lootcrate for a Christmas gift. Decent issue, not super important, but still annoying. I would like exclusive covers better then exclusive issues.

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    look at that smug-ass Porg. LOOK AT IT.

[​IMG]

TIL a group of Porgs is known as a Murder of Porgs.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  9. rjrjr

rjrjr Jedi Master star 1

Aug 11, 2009
    For those worried about getting the Loot Crate exclusive, there will be more of this exclusive issue published than the regular issues. Loot Crate ships hundreds of thousands of boxes and Star Wars Adventures has dropped well below a 100,000 units sold each month. This is not going to be a hard to find or expensive exclusive.
    I agree that it stinks that IDW is sending out an exclusive book at all, but unfortunately, that is where the industry is at these days. At least it is through Loot Crate where there will be plenty available.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Chris Werms

Chris Werms Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2017
    I rather enjoyed this issue. The non-linear aspect was a little wonky as it was such a short issue, but that's okay.

I felt like it was a good follow up to TLJ: if everyone can be a hero, as Last Jedi says, then everyone needs to know what type of person a hero is. They don't need to win every time; in fact, they won't. But they are heroes for getting up and trying again and not giving in to darkness, even our own. I thought it was a great way of showing Leia grapple with her demons without being overbearing.

Also, double points for featuring Hera! I'm sure her lekku are a little cold, but I definitely enjoy her growing presence outside of Rebels.

Also, in terms of the Loot Crate issue, I found it on eBay already. Paid a bit more than I'd like to say, I think, but it was a fun issue. Nothing groundbreaking, but I quite enjoyed it.

11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I really liked this little story about Leia.
    - Art was actually nice, not photo-realistic like Larroca does but not too cartoony either.
    - I love stories about characters bonding with animals
    - Hera, even we don't see her lot but it's still nice to see her sticking around. It probably means Chopper is around too.
    - I guess the morality ties with TLJ's themes of failure and that it's OK to feel down but the most important part is to not let it drag you down and get up to fight for another day and that's what people are going to remember. I loved Leia frustration with the Tauntaun and then them saving each other's lives.
    - There's also Vader ordering Ozzel to send more probes and the ending hints at the story being closer to ESB than I initially thought.
    - There's the usual Han and Leia bickering but it wasn't as intrusive as in the main Star Wars comic and actually enjoyable.

iPodwithnomusic and Jedi Jessy like this.
  12. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    The writers and artist from this Leia comic deserve to be in SW ongoing comic group. HanLeia and HeraLeia friendship are amazing, the story is sweet and the art is fantastic. I prefer this art than a super realist

13. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Went to pick up Forces of Destiny: Leia at my local comic shop and they didn’t have it. Asked the owner because I thought it was supposed to be out today. He just said “I don’t think so.” I guess I’ll see if it ends up in my pull list next week...

revan772 likes this.
  14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

@Darth_Accipiter

Instead of tribbles with got Porgs.

The natural talent these porgs possess is too great to be wasted by the Jedi.
    I foresee an army of force-talented spies in my service, trained in the dark side to peer into every corner of the galaxy from afar.
    And my enemies would be helpless against such vision. - Journal of Snoke a.k.a "Goldie"

;)"

AV-6R7 likes this.
  15. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Hi just to let you guys and gals know Egmont star wars adventures uk issue 30 is now reprinting IDW star wars adventures comics issue 30 has the comic Tales from wild space "stop,thief!".

16. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Thanks for that. I always try to check SWA in the shops but as it's wrapped in cellophane you can never check!

Good chance then weapon of a Jedi may get printed in the future

17. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    will keep you up to date keep picking it up hoping we would get the last few rebels comics fingers crossed!

18. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    This. The lack of English translations for the last rebels comics is frustrating and I find myself gravitating towards the French of German tomes just to have them. I did keep emailing Egmont about this but they said they 'were in discussions' that was about 12 months ago

lordpixie likes this.
  19. Chris Werms

Chris Werms Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2017
    I had my local comic book store pull the Rebels magazine because I could never keep track of its release. I'm bummed to see it go, as that means I'm not able to see all of the content, but those magazines were NOT worth the money.... haha

lordpixie likes this.
  20. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    With rebels finishing soon it would be a good tie in now rather than later also would be great if IDW picked them up !

21. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    Yeah it helps to have little ones to give the gifts to just not the mag thats mine haha .

22. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    I used to flog the toys on ebay usually made the money back !!

I wonder if the Adventures mag will get the loot crate comic...

23. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    That would be great Egmont need to do it ! its a pain as is trying to get IDW SWA in the uk never mind this loot crate thing.

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you're near Forbidden Planet in London I believe they carry it.

25. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    North east got it on my pull list just can never tell when its due sorry its me just being impatient just got issue 4 this past week.