main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info SPOILER ALERT! (help each other avoid spoilers here)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Sep 2, 2013.

1. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    As Dirty Harry would say, I guess I "feel lucky", since I haven't totally shut down my FB use, yet. Either that, or I'm optimistically stupid ;):p I probably will tonight, though.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There are two clearly marked spoiler-free reviews over on TFN Main - one by Philip (site owner) and the other by Ryan (TFN staff). Those are safe to read and both are favorable.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Quoting Chiznuk from another thread here so everybody sees it:

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Thankfully I have games I can play without voice chat. Although I've been fortunately spoiler free thus far (I heard the first three words and promptly forgot them, but that's about it,) I have had far too many close calls. Netflix and Xbox only until Friday morning!

6. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    I'm going to avoid the internet starting Friday until Saturday

7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Be careful of the name of the latest post which now appears in the new ST forum !

8. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I think it bears repeating...do what I and many others have done, just bookmark this forum (New Films - No Spoilers Allowed) and skip any potential spoilers. Out of sight, out of mind! Stay spoiler free, folks!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  9. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I think Youtube's okay, as long as you watch nothing SW-related, use either Theater mode or Fullscreen, and use a bookmark of your history page (maybe your subs, depending on what they are) to get to the site. So actually, less than okay :p, but I haven't run into anything there so far.

This, definitely. I haven't told anyone, in person, outside my immediate family about seeing TLJ.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  10. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I got a couple extensions for Chrome that eliminates both comments and 'recommended videos.' It'll go away after tomorrow night, but I can't be too careful.

11. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    Stay away from Reddit. Some people have gotten spoiled there.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This would be nice if it could get fixed in the next few months, we're going to have to do a non-spoiler dance in May again for Solo: A Star Wars Story

TheYodaPagoda and Ricardo Funes like this.
  13. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Maybe it's almost time to stop posting in that wretched hive of scum and villainy known as the "Released Films." I can do without that place for another six months.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Warning! The Anthology (Released Films) forum is being reorganized right now, with the Solo threads from the Spoilers Allowed forum being moved there. So if you want to stay spoiler free, AVOID THE ANTHOLOGY FORUM UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE FILM.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    TheYodaPagoda and Ricardo Funes like this.
  15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Apparently a sizzle reel for IX has been shown to shareholders, and there's a description floating around (including on the TF.N main page). So be careful.

16. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Major spoiler leaked today. Avoid front page and thread carefully on facebook and youtube.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - TFN Main has an article on the front page you probably want to avoid.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I saw it, but it's not too spoilery I thought. Some costumes and the like, but nothing that gives away a plot point or anything.

19. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    I'd hate to say it, but I would say to just avoid all things Star Wars. This board, the Internet in general (yes, I know that is tough to do). I stumbled on some interview with Rian Johnson on

if he had concerns if Star Wars, Episode IX were to retcon events from "The Last Jedi". From there, my imagination just went wild on if the reporter had some insider info about possible plot points that may be retconn'ed. The interview can be read here - https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...if-star-wars-episode-ix-retcons-the-last-jedi

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  20. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Maybe a useless warning at this point, but the new Episode IX title and the first teaser were revealed today.

Avoid the internet. And talking to people. And going outside. And these forums. And the main page.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  21. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018

Did something big drop? I am nervous to even get on the internet right now if true? I have no idea

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Nothing which has been substantiated. But, still, if it turns out to be true, it could be considered monumental. Whatever tactics you have for avoiding spoilers, it is probably best to take that tweet as a motivator, in general, to put up as valiant a battle as possible to not have stuff ruined for you.

TCF-1138 and Darth Buzz like this.
  23. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Thanks for the heads up. It’s pretty scary to hear that something that big could already be out there with still almost 8 months till the premiere. It’s gonna be a longggg wait!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    For what it's worth, the source happens to be one of the most reliable leakers who broke countless details about TFA and TLJ so the floodgates are probably about set to burst, one way or another.

Best of luck to you all.

Darth Buzz and TCF-1138 like this.
  25. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Hate to hear that. Why someone feels the need to leak something of that caliber eight months in advance is beyond me. I can understand maybe a week or two before opening day, but this far out is going to make it really hard to avoid accidentally slipping up on. Why in the world would anyone want to know spoilers, for the last movie of a film ending a 40 year in the making saga? It's also a shame that Lucasfilm/Disney let something like this already slip up!

I have already filtered my search criteria on Youtube/Google to eliminate Star Wars stuff, I refuse to have this film spoiled for me!