main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Misconceptions You Had as a Kid. (RE-MADE)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Saber101, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    The memories of adolescence. I couldn't figure out what was going on in the dark foggy forest. That's what happens when your first viewing is at the drive in. I cried all the way through the E.T. (Atari 2600) game.

ImpreciseStormtrooper likes this.
  2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    That game made a lot of people cry....

3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    When I first watched A New Hope as a little kid, I didn't know that Vader said, "The circle is now complete," to Obi-Wan. I thought he said, "The circus is now complete," or, "The circuit is now complete."

4. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    When my dad watched ROTJ for the first time he kept expecting the Emperor to float back up when Vader threw him in the reactor shaft.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  5. Starwarsguy777

Starwarsguy777 Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2016
    My misconceptions are quite funny. I thought Jedi was pronounced "Jedee", Palpatine in the poster was unmasked Darth Vader and Palpatine was proncounced "Plantipine", and I thought Darth Plagueis was "Darth Ploogis"

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    TOASTEROVEN and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  6. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Just to clarify, I thought he was talking about the Death Star or something. I had no idea what I Sith was until I was thirteen when I saw Episode I.

7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Hey, it worked for Queen Amidala!!!:amidala:

8. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    I was a little confused on them too I think. I probably wouldn't have given them much thought but I had the Imperial Dignitary/Sim Aloo action figure. I guess because he looked so much like the Emperor I assumed he used the Force, so to me (and the scenes played out in the sandbox) he was a very weak Sith capable of fighting with the Force. I don't know if that's what I actually thought of the character or something I just made up because my sandbox didn't have much use for advisers/dignitaries.

TOASTEROVEN and J7Luke like this.
  9. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I used to think the name was "Jabbathehutt", not understanding that his is name was "Jabba" and was a Hutt.

Avnar and ImpreciseStormtrooper like this.
  10. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Simple misconception. I have a learning difference called synesthesia. Therefore, I didn't learn to spell very well at all until I was thirteen. I read the dictionary and other things. Anyhow, this also applied to comas. Now, I'm obsessed with them, but as a kid, I didn't get them.

Therefore, when I was nine in 1995, I thought Vader said, "It is pointless to resist my son," to Palpatine. I didn't think he was saying, "It is pointless to resist, my son." Something about the robotic way JEJ read that line. By age thirteen, I understood that he was forlorn, that he was fearful, etc. But my goodness...

Sarge, Sith Lord 2015 and J7Luke like this.
  11. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    Before even watching the movies, I wanted to know a little about the saga. One day I was watching television and I saw the end of the first film, with ceremony, and I found it very strange, the characters, especially the c3po.

12. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    My vocabulary didn't become diverse until I was thirteen, and I had difficulty spelling until then. So, when I was nine, I did not know what Palpatine was saying, possibly due to his accent and my learning difference, when he said, "Rebellion." I thought he said, "Insignificant Rebinyun."

13. Jedi of Baker Street

Jedi of Baker Street Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    My biggest misconception was about the Galaxy. I mean I know it said "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" but in my mind as a kid I was thinking it took place in a solar system, like ours. A sun (well, two suns) and maybe 8 or 9 planets. I know Leia said something about other star systems but it just didn't dawn on me. I remember also at some point in the prequels thinking they were a lot of planets in their solar system. Then, one night years later I sat up bolt upright at like 2:00 a.m. and I was like galaxy...galactic empire...it's a whole. friggin. galaxy. Woah. I had mad respect for the Emperor and Vader after that. They ran a galaxy lol.

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    My misconception was that it was really based a long time ago. When I was a little girl I read a making of book, so I always knew that the films were made somewhere on Earth. I thought it was made at some beach area because of all the sand. :p

15. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    I was a little confused on that too. I knew it was Jabba The Hutt and that his name was Jabba but I didn't know what Hutt meant. I don't think it occurred to me there could be a whole species of Jabbas, he was like a monster so I didn't think there was a planet of Hutts anymore than I would have thought there was a planet of Frankensteins.

P.S. If any of you haul off and write a fan fiction story where Rey lands on a planet of Frankensteins I better get a co-author credit.

16. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    This was a misconception I had when I was in my 20's watching TPM but it's still just as funny. The viceroy has captured the Queen and Nute Gunray is trying to get her to sign the treaty and he says "in time the suffering of your people will make you see our point of view..." Then he says to a battle droid, "Commander. Throw us a stem." I thought this was some sort of military jargon. ...but of course thanks to subtitles I know he says, "Commander, PROCESS THEM. Lol.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I used to think The Emperor was also in that game "Nightmare/Atmosfear" :oops:"I am the gatekeeper!!" "Roll the dice!!"

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  18. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    prequel misconception but still: I thought "Kaminoans" was pronounced "Kamino-Ones"

19. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Now I am curious, because I have synaesthesia too, yet I can crack almost any language.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  20. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    When i was a kid in the early 80s, I thought all the space stories (Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, etc) took place in the same universe.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Wait, Earth and Naboo are not in the same universe. :p

22. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    When I was a youngling, there was no such thing as Naboo!

23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I think the worst misconception I had was thinking that Yoda said, “When God am I,” instead of, “When gone am I.” Price of being an extreme visual learner. I didn’t understand that Yoda was speaking what is essentially old English until I was in college. He really didn’t do it as often as people think in the CT. He can speak normally if he wants to. He just likes it, I think. The problem is that Lucas wrote him with bad grammar at times in the prequels. Yoda sounds better when he’s being written by someone else, like Kasdan.

Sarge likes this.
  24. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Actually, your intuition served you well as Obi-Wan's hut and Anchorhead's Toshi Station were shot on a beach: http://www.losapos.com/starwarstunisia

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  25. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    I'm sure I had many but can't remember. The only thing I can think of is before I saw ANH, by watching trailers and seeing pictures in magazines, I thought the stormtroopers were robots. After I watched the movie the first time I was pretty confused and didn't understand much of the story, but don't remember what things I misunderstood. It's been too long.