main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info J.J. Abrams to Write and Direct Episode IX

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Big Bad Yoda Daddy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I think that's all we know. Plus it stars the survivors of The Last Jedi. Doing what the survivors of The Last Jedi would be doing, according to those writers. I can't help but wonder if JJ & Terrio are asking themselves if the Rebellion had civilized some Ewoks to join the fight? /sarcasm

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Right but I mean some people were wringing their hands about JJ writing it by himself and how there wouldn't be someone keeping him "in check." But that seems like it would be Terrio...

3. Darth Eisner

Darth Eisner Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2018
    Slightly worried about Terrio, because of BvS and JL, but I guess that was mostly Zack Snyder’s fault. Terrio wrote Argo, though, so that’s a reason to be somewhat excited.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    There was a lot more that led to BvS and JL having some problems than Snyder or anyone else on the team. Lots of studio interference that stemmed from financial issues from Man of Steel. I wouldn't put too much weight on those when thinking about Terrio's writing

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This.^

The writers & Snyder are suffering from too many cooks in the ktichen, where DC is concerned. They have to accommodate all of the demands of every impatient suit that wants to get "Avengers" money without any proper setup. It's filmmaking by inept committee. Terrio did what he could. JL never had a chance.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Maybe Chewie will give his old pals on Kashyyyk a call. Arms are gonna fly!

Sarge and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  8. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Maybe this is why JJ said that the Holiday Special was canon? Lumpy gets a bowcaster to replace his broken bantha, and Itchy gets jiggy with a new hologram, while Malla whips up some Porg Surprise.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  9. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I'm sure you mean stir whisks some Porg Surprise? [face_laugh]

Etav Byx and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This. I personally enjoyed JL, but even I'll admit it seemed at least...rushed. Another 20 minutes or so would've allowed for more story fleshing-out, and a better editing flow. But that wasn't Snyder or Terrio's fault. The studio had Joss Whedon come in and redo a whole bunch of it, cos they couldn't decide how they wanted the film to turn out. As a result we got a (IMO still enjoyable) film that couldn't decide whether it wanted to be Snyder-esque, or Marvel formula-style.

Anyways, I don't imagine JJ will have too much in the way of studio interference issues with LFL. At least not more than TFA-which I know there was a bit at the beginning, but it wasn't anywhere NEAR the level of Solo for example.

Personally I'm excited to have JJ back-IMO this will allow for a new way of looking at the ST as a whole, after the two extremes that were the two entries in the ST so far: one that was nostalgia heavy and "for the fans," and the other which explored new ideas in a very resolute and unyielding way. Perhaps now we'll get a nice blend of the two....

smoothkaz likes this.