main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It seemed that way until the SEs, his coloring is grey for a specific reason, he's a grey character with his own unique moral code. That has been slightly ruined since 1980 but can easily be rectified in a feature length adventure.

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I've always thought of most bounty hunters as "grey". They do the job they're hired to do. If it means taking someone out, then they take someone out. If it means protecting someone, then they protect someone. I’ve never once thought of Boba Fett as an evil, bad guy.

Deliveranze and 11-4D like this.
  3. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    GL changed it with the ANH SE when he made Boba seemingly a Jabba henchman.

kalzeth likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Most Bounty hunters will work for whoever pays them the most.

Sugi seemed to work more off her morals, but that was rare in that field.

5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Most bounty hunters would view themselves as such, if questioned. Under oath lol.
    "It's just a job."

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  6. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    What was interesting about Boba was in the old canon he had his own set of morals and rules, he saw the Empire as the legitimate elected/installed government and would follow their laws until there was a change in government.

You also had the Journeyman Protector story, that was a totally different aspect to Boba's character and heritage, that other than collecting bounties he would be a lawman for hire. That was rewritten in the new canon and they became royal guards, hardly journeymen, and they lost that element that worlds could hire these Mandos to ensure law and order.

11-4D, kalzeth and themoth like this.
  7. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Tag and Bink directed by Taika Waititi

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think you put this in the wrong thread.

Django Fett likes this.
  9. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    How embarrassing, how embarrassing

11-4D, Darth Smurf and Django Fett like this.
  10. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Is this movie still happening? I remember hearing the film schedule back in 2013 which had episodes 7,8 and 9 and three spin-offs being the Han Solo movie, Rogue One and a Boba Fett movie and I've since become attached to this line-up and don't want to believe it's cancelled.

Unlike most I think a Boba Fett movie could be awesome. You could start with him after Jango dies and peak through his life through the clone wars (without contradicting the show of course) and keep following him as he grows up during the dark times all the way through to the Original Trilogy. With new digital effects we could see literally see the OT through his eyes. You could have scenes from ROTJ in the background. This could be the movie that canonizes he escaped from the Sarlaac Pit.

Daniel Logan should reprise his role!

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  11. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    I think Boba will be a Main player in the Live Action TV Series.
    If the Show is still based on the Underworld between Episode 3 and 4.

12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    God I hope so!

13. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I think it is possible. Back then it was announced that Simon Kinberg was writing a movie, and Josh Trank was set to direct one, which was probably one and the same project. Then Trank pretty much ended his own career over some scandals, and we never got any further official news. There is actually an old article about that firing which states that the project was still alive but delayed for maybe even a few years. Now there was a rumour lately about Kinberg writing a SW-movie, which could very much be the one he was already supposed to write to begin with.

With the old rumours suggesting that it was a Boba Fett movie, it would make sense if this one would be about him as well. Then again, the only thing Kennedy actually said about the project was that they were definately planning on still telling the story, that it requires lots of innovative technology, and that they don't really mind postponing the project because of that (and some other reasons).

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Kinberg was clearly writing Trank's film, which was the Boba Fett movie. It was just never officially announced, but it matches up. They also worked together on FF, where Kinberg apparently saw first hand Trank's behaviour.

11-4D likes this.
  15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I've got a weird feeling that the reason the Boba Fett film was shelved was so that the Game of Thrones guys can cover the whole Mandalorian thing in their films.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Cantina Regular likes this.
  16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If it has been shelved, and who knows if it has or not, it's because they've made the decision to get away from the OT and tell new stories. But the question is whether they are also going to keep doing these Solo style nostalgia movies.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    If they can distance themselves from Filoni's stuff (especially the darksaber nonsense) then that may be the case. The only thing is that historically the Mandalorians were the bad guys - fighting the Jedi - so I don't think you can easily base a story centred around them.

kalzeth likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Boba Fett has nothing to do with the Mandalorians in Canon other then wearing their armor. He himself nor his father were mandalorians.

Krueger likes this.
  19. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    There could be an argument to be made about Jango though, right? AFAIK, the canon reference that's based on is a clearly biased politician making an off-handed comment.

20. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    There's more than enough room to establish Jango's connection to Mandalore, and by proxy Boba's as well. We don't have a ton on either character in the NuCanon, so it's not a completely hopeless case. I for one think it would be really stupid if they completely divorced the Fetts from their Mandalorian heritage.

Jaster Vhett, kalzeth and chevv like this.
  21. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    What's wrong with having Jango born on Concord Dawn, why fix something that isn't broke?

kalzeth likes this.
  22. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think there’s probably different factions inside Lucasfilm and Disney, those who want to move forward with new characters and those who want to keep milking the iconic characters.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still, I'm going to go off of what Pablo said. I agree that the clone wars source is not trustworthy, but Pablo most definitely is a trustworthy source.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I believe Lucas' backstory for Jango had him as an orphan who was raised by Mandalorians. Who know if that will be adhered to though.

25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    You know when it comes to a boba fett spin off i think it could work. i was watching some of this

Its done pretty well for a bounty hunter movie. its just there are alot of people i think who would prefer Boba to remain mysterious.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Jaster Vhett and Django Fett like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.