main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga “Even miracles take a little time”, (Disney quote challenge with Sheev)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jan 23, 2018.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @divapilot contacted me via PM and gave me the last available Disney quote. I gazed at it and grinned, because it helps me to round up my main Nagina story.

Even miracles take a little time”, an answer to the Disney quote challenge 2018

Author: AzureAngel2

Co-Author and editor: @DarthUncle

Time frame: The story takes place on Coruscant about 9 months after the events of RotS (19 BBY).

Summary: All what remains of his beloved niece is a Sith artefact that a holy bird – a convor – has puked out. It is a miracle of the Force really, because the Palpatine heirloom contains something of greatest value to the Emperor.

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

The dark side of the Force has more mercy than I ever have given it credit for. I feel surprised, humbled even.

A day ago I had thought that all was lost. Instead of giving in to sorrow and pain I had unleashed my anger on Headmaster Gentis. Within minutes I had fried the general into a pile of ash, not caring about the amount of witnesses all around me. I had wanted everybody to know that I am not to be trifled with. It was joyous.

Defamation, betrayal, rebellion – I am the Emperor. Therefore I am the state. They owe me respect and absolute obedience. Who fails me, no matter on which level, has to pay the price for it.

I stare at the Sith brooch that rests in my right palm. Orson just handed the ancient jewellery over to me. Of course he has no idea what it is and even less what it contains. How could he? I do not blame him for this particular ignorance. He is but a scientist, an architect, a high ranking officer and an opportunist. For a man like him the concept of the Force is even worse than a spoon full of cod liver oil. There is no way that I can ever make him understand what we are allowed to experience right here and right now.

It is like atmospheric noise coming straight from the jewellery, free oscillations through time and space. Some kind of faint heartbeat, silent against the noises of the universe.

Memories stir inside me.

Once I had taken apart one of my father’s cherished dogs. The beast had been unconscious and so I had been able to rip him open with no great fuzz. Once I had cracked it’s chest apart, I had taken the still beating heart out, wondering about the warmth and the sheer comfort of it.

Holding the Sith brooch wakens the same sensations inside me. The trill, the curiosity, the triumph.

Like Darth Plagueis, my former master, I am about to challenge Death itself. But unlike him, I will not fail. I will get back what once was mine, mend what got broken.

“Rapunzel, Rapunzel,
    Let down your hair to me.”

Laughter bubbles up in me, escapes to my throat.

I have created life before, but my project turned out to be flawed. Back then I simply had the wrong materials: a bunch of Midi-chlorians to mess around with and an involuntary host mother. This time, I can have a different approach.

“Rapunzel, Rapunzel.”

I will not use a Spaarti cloning cylinder. It is better to contact Kamino one last time. Tipoca City happens to owe me one of their standard clone tanks.

It also comes in handy that Nagina’s hairbrush is still lying around in my holiday house on Scarif. She never claimed it back.

Then there is my knowledge of Sith alchemy. It can set the one ingredient free that will make the difference: the soul of my niece.

Gleefully, I rub my hands together.

This way Nagina’s clone will not be a simple copy of the original. Nor will it be a brainless creature like a Sith war behemoth or a chrysalide rancor. It will be the real thing.

Most of all, I will allow her time to grow. No accelerated ageing process. Even miracles take a little time.

In the meantime Orson will build me a vast tower on Scarif to safeguard my treasure. Only I will be allowed to gaze at her. She will be my secret joy.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    divapilot likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What an ingenious scheme! [face_thinking] =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Wow. That was - from a certain point of view, anyway - very sweet, very twisted, and most definitely, very, very Sheev.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sheev is twisted

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Sheev has one or two things in common with Orson: ruthlessness and having a hard time to let go of somebody.

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701: Thank you, then I achieved the right thing.

@earlybird-obi-wan: He is indeed. And that was the best part to write!

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Darth_Furio: Your fic "Dark currents" had a lot of sinister Sith magic in it. After writing this story here, I decided to do another one-shoot that explains matters even further. I hope that I did justice to sith affairs & dealings.