main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    I think it's very likely that we get some prominent new villain characters. Phasma and Snoke are gone, and unless Kylo is going to be a merciless and unrepentant bad guy we need some new force of evil to be defeated/opposed. My bet would be on the Knights of Ren featuring, probably as actual characters rather than PG-type enemies to slice through. Rian implied that Kylo would have a personal attachment to the KOR (since they were the students who betrayed Skywalker alongside him), which paves the way for some fascinating character drama.

While I definitely think the cast will be less sprawling than in The Last Jedi, I'm reasonably confident that we can expect some casting news in the next few months. We've lost Luke, Holdo, Snoke and Phasma, and will also probably lose Leia before the action of IX starts. That leaves lots of room for new blood.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Birkendoc likes this.
  2. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    im curious to see how Kylo Ren will be handled if they go the "big baddie" road...he's one of my favourite characters but i dont see him as the "ultimate villain" of the ST. Could a greater threat appear in ep9? i think it might be too late for that. And Snoke's return as a spirit or evil energy seems unlikely IMO. So maybe if the story takes place a couple of years later we have Kylo Ren as a totally different character? More pure evil? I dont know. I'm very curious to see how it will play out.

I believe we'll see the KoR but im not sure they'll be talking roles. That would be cool of course butRJ was just speculating. Anyway i'm looking forward to seeing them as Ren and his force-sensitive dark team of renegades could be very very interesting indeed.

Though he's not a formidable threat himself, what if he plots against supreme leader Ren (!!!) and succeeds and takes over this hypothetical new enpire? We'd have Kylo and the Knights of Ren vs the Resistance vs The First Order empire. Would that be satisfying?

3. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Kylo
    Kylo is the big bad of ST just like Vader was of OT. But how it ends is the story.

mlsw likes this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Like I said, I don't think the "dark sider" idea is unnatural. Emotions themselves are not bad things - acting on the darker impulses is what make it bad, and that's what the Sith do that presumably people like Snoke and the Knights of Ren do not. Just look at Kylo in TLJ - he didn't seem like he actually wanted to be Supreme Leader or to run anything, he just wanted to be rid of what he perceived as the evilness of Snoke and Luke Skywalker.

Star war likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is a relevant point which also may be central to understanding Kylo Ren's arc. In JudeoChristian terms, most people mislabel things as "sin" which are not even remotely sin... but, rather, how they are used is what veers them into being properly categorized as such. (Merely as examples) "Sex" is the furthest thing from a sin. "Be fruitful and multiply" is wholly dependent upon people having a sex drive. But, as soon as it is used to objectify another person, it is being used incorrectly. "Pride" is another. Without pride, nobody would achieve literacy to even be able to read what sins are. But, when it is used to fuel ego at the expense of cheapening the value of others, it is being used incorrectly. A lot of the passions that Dark Siders steer toward are not, in and of themselves, faulty. Their selfish usage of them is where they allow themselves to be swept toward less noble directions.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya, that's where I think you can draw a distinct line between Sith and other dark side users. Sith wholly give in to the temptation to use the "dark side" emotions for darker impulses. However, just look at Asajj Ventress after Darth Tyranus betrayed her - she was still a dark side user, but she was not evil. In fact, she even teamed up with Ahsoka despite being powered by her emotions - she sure as heck never lost that sadness and anger after her people were massacred by Grievous, but she channeled those negative emotions in a good way - that's what I think the Force's intended use of the dark side is.

I hope Episode IX continues drawing this distinction between Sith and dark side users.

7. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    Phasma is not dead, she will be back in IX.

8. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    It's always a possibility. But why?

We already know her origin.

At this point, the only characters she has any effect on, would be Finn and Hux.

And that's only as an adversary and as an asset.

Finn just defeated her and Hux has bigger things to worry about now.

She'd just be one more bad guy that has to be killed before the end of IX.

9. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    Yes she will be a villian for finn. Finn didnt defeat her she fell, but he will in IX. Plus we need more villians as Rey will deal with kylo what are finn and poe gonna do?

10. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    KoR

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  11. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Not sure I agree with that... he seems pretty determined to be evil himself. But I am interested in some possible exploration of the Dark in balance.

12. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Phasma could have had an actual conversation with Finn, but their TLJ battle was really pointless. Her beef with him apparently comes down to, "You were always scum." This isn't compelling. It's boring. It's like two movies in a row of Finn vs. Phasma is more than enough.

I would find Finn vs. Hux way more interesting. Hux slapped him across the face for being a traitor. That's RICH. *fantasizes about Finn tying Hux to a chair and explaining how things really are, and then pulling his FO file and finding out where he came from*

13. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    KOR will be for kylo and rey. Rian created snoke's guards for their fight bcoz JJ will use KOR vs kylo and rey with lightsabers.

14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    One thing to consider is that if Episode IX takes place several years after TLJ (As I'm convinced it will), it's possible that Kylo Ren will have had all that time to regather the Knights of Ren for some purpose, and also he will have had time to become more angry and bitter, as well as more powerful himself. Who knows what he could become in 5-7 years?

15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Episode IX: 96 hours

Senator Wan and dekaneas like this.
  16. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I laugh when people suggest that Phasma is dead. No fiery chasm can stop the invincible, the eternal the constant of the universe!

17. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017

Han Solo's funeral will be addressed in the novelization (which will be released March 6th) according to the Star Wars Show. There will also be Rose and Paige interaction, deeper Canto Bight action and much more according to Rian. (I fully expect the novelization to explain scenes in a lot more depth)

Senator Wan, DARTH_BELO and dekaneas like this.
  18. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

That's all good and great, but you know-[face_thinking]I really would like to have seen some of that in the actual film too. I know, I know-it's already 2 1/2 hours, but IMO there are certain subplots (much involving Rose actually) which could've been left out.

Besides-I wouldn't mind a 2 hr. 45 min. SW film-would anyone else? :p

Senator Wan, ColdLazarou and Ben-Solo like this.
  19. Darth Nikean

Darth Nikean Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 30, 2016
    Please don’t give them any more ideas . They can do worse buy them selves.

20. Nadroj ilain

Nadroj ilain Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    In the spirit of this board I'll give you guys a real spoiler for the next one. Totally confirmed.

Rey is actually Leia's daughter. Given up to someone trusted by leia after it came out that she was darth vaders daughter. This person betrayed Leia by selling rey on Jakku.

Leia will deliver the line "Rey i am your mother" right before sacrificing her life by saving rey in a confrontation with Kylo ren. Rey screams "Nooooooooooooooo" as she gets pulled away by Rose and Finn.

Han and Luke were unaware of leia's pregnancy as han left right right after conception and Luke was out building his Jedi academy/recruiting new padawans to his order.

Darth Nikean likes this.
  21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    @Nadroj ilain Leia was found out to be Vaders daughter 6 years ago.

Rey was already living on Jakku as a 13 year old then.

She's lived on Jakku at least since she was 5.

Edit: I just realized you were being facetious

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  22. Nadroj ilain

Nadroj ilain Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    Nonono they're going to Retcon the Vader descendants reveal and say it happened much earlier.

Just like Finn piloted a ship in TLJ after TFA told us he didnt know how to.

Lol i figured most posts on here were facetious

23. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    [face_laugh] Alright, alright now..........[face_shame_on_you]

:p

24. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    when will filming begin?

25. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    i believe it's supposed to be in June.

Senator Wan, Jedi Jessy and cerealbox like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.