main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe we will see the Knights of Ren in the movies beyond the flashback from TFA?

1. They will play a large roll in IX

2. They will be seen in IX but only briefly, and possibly in another flashback

3. They will not be seen, but will be mentioned in IX

4. We have heard the last of the Knights of Ren. Not even a mention in IX.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    If you look at that Forceback it almost looks like Kylo was surprised to see Rey standing there. Like she just Force visioned in front of Kylo & he reacts. But in reality she was never really there. The Clan Leader kill is just what happens to be going on at the time.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Basically, I mean their looks might be a bit different from the art of TFA book. In the TFA flashback, you pretty much don’t see them. The mid shot that was in the trailer isn’t even in the film. I can imagine Abrams et all going back and changing them up a little bit.

cerealbox likes this.
  3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Whether their role is large or small, I agree with @BalanceOfTheForce and others, that LucasFilm will market the hell out of them pre-release.

They have no reason not to.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It will definitely attract some casual fans if they learn we will see a bunch of dark side force users.

5. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    I "think " that KOR are luke's former students who sided with kylo. We will see them in IX with their lightsabers.

themoth likes this.
  6. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    Anyone else thinking the Knights will undergo a 'slight' redesign like the Stormtroopers in TLJ?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How do you think they will be redesigned? I have heard it talked about before, but I want to hear how you think it should be done.

8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They'll now be wearing sneakers and will insist on being called The British Knights of Ren.

9. TheGhostOfZero

Sep 5, 2016
    I'm just wondering if they'll be changed to be more functional (they have to look like they can fight, they have to allow movement for the actors portraying them, etc.)
    like what they did with the Praetorian Guards, and if doing that would result in subtle appearance changes. Apart from the TFA art book, we've only really seen them in a dark, rainy scene, so from a director's POV, it would be the perfect time to. I would rather they keep the "ragtag" bandit look, but be adjusted for each one to stand out on their own like these two...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ... which are easily the best designed ones.

whostheBossk and 11-4D like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The armor they have looks very clunky indeed. I think it would be pretty hard to fight in that stuff. You could chalk any changes to the force vision being a bit inaccurate.

TheLastHaterOfZero likes this.
  11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Might give them lightsabers too, now that they're Luke's old students.

Star war likes this.
  12. TheGhostOfZero

Sep 5, 2016
    Someone pitched the idea the students of Luke's academy that Ben killed were his older peers that bullied him and ostracized him after it was revealed to the galaxy that the Skywalker family are the descendants of Darth Vader, and that the students that were to become the Knights of Ren were impressionable teenage younglings that he couldn't bring himself to kill. He would then take them to Snoke, telling him that they lack the strength and training to be a threat to him, but could be molded into a valuable asset for the FO. Snoke agrees, letting him train his flunkies, and literally making him the "Master" of the Knights of Ren.

I really like this idea as it shows a clear difference between Kylo and his grandfather; that even though he had turned, he wasn't willing to kill younglings. There's so much potential these guys have, so much to talk about that could all be for nought if they went unused in EPIX.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  13. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    Is it a lightsaber that the second guy has in his pocket?
    I remember reading an early leak about the KoR for TFA based on concept art that mentionned that one of them had a white lightsaber.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If that’s the case perhaps he somehow purified the lightsaber?

Yora likes this.
  15. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    They were always Luke's old students who followed Kylo when he turned.

TheLastHaterOfZero likes this.
  16. TheGhostOfZero

Sep 5, 2016
    It looks like it, which to me would imply that they were always meant to be Jedi-trained. I'm wondering if they'll end up being OP in comparison to the Praetorian Guards?

kalzeth and Yora like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Knights of Ren are actually this super secret, super cool infiltration group set up to bring down the FO from within. They consist of Lobot, Ric Ollie, Captain Pancake, and the Ice Cream Maker Guy.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean of course, they should be more powerful and challenging to beat then the guard.

TheLastHaterOfZero and Star war like this.
  19. DarkCree

DarkCree Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2000
    I'm sure this has been said somewhere, but I still believe that the "flashback" that Rey saw of the Knights of Ren in Episode 7 were actually a "flash forward" of a scene in Episode 9. The Knights of Ren are coming

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Tell that to JJ who said the KoR were a group who existed before Kylo.

21. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    My guess is they were Luke’s students and Snoke turned them before Ben.

22. TheGhostOfZero

Sep 5, 2016
    It looks like it, which to me would imply that they were always meant to be Jedi-trained. I'm wondering if they'll end up being OP in comparison to the Praetorian Guards?[/QUOTE]
    I mean of course, they should be more powerful and challenging to beat then the guard.[/QUOTE]They should be, but we have to consider who they're supposed to be combating in EPIX. If Kylo leads them from beginning to end, the heroes would be at a considerable disadvantage, as they only really have Rey. Are we expecting Kylo to team up with Rey a second time to take out another group of anti-Jedi?

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    I'm not so sure. I used to believe that too until I came across early leaks of TFA and one put the flashback in context. It's a vision of the past. It was originally intended to explain how Maz found Anakin's lightsaber.
    https://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/...-be-up-to-before-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
    (Rose=Maz)
    (Sword=Saber)
    (The Seven=The KoR)
    (The author doesn't seem to know that Kylo is part of the KoR and is the "pirate leader").
    It also perfectly fits with the information that the guy Kylo stabbed in front of Rey was credited as " The clan's leader".
    Of course, things could have changed since and they still could retcon the scene to make it a scene from the future.
    Maybe. But how Luke could have been so clueless that he didn't realize that half of his students turned to the dark side and were under Snoke's influence?
    If it's the case, I also find a little weird that Luke's guilt only comes from Ben's fall since he doesn't seem to particularly care about the others. I know it's not his fault and Ben is his nephew but still he was their master.
    I think you are right though. Maybe we will learn more from Luke in EP IX.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  24. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I always felt the Forceback was both flash forward & backward.

The Question is. Is Luke a little unstable? That could explain some of his actions.

Yora and Bullhead CIty like this.
  25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I have the same questions about Luke too. He didn’t realize half his students were falling to the dark side? That makes Luke look oblivious and a bit uncaring. He doesn’t seem too broken up about the six other dudes that fell to the dark side on his watch. That’s super weird to me.

kalzeth and Yora like this.