main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m open to the idea. There are evil ghosts that haunt homes/people with a demonic presence, and there are ghosts that have pure intentions. The dark side ghosts could have eternal suffering/negativity, and the ghosts like Yoda are at peace. It could work, I guess.

But at the same time I like the concept of the Jedi passing on as spirits, and dark side users having to rely on clones - extending their lives with new bodies. And when they die, they stay dead. Becoming a Force ghost is a reward for living a disciplined life of goodness.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Darth Nave likes this.
  2. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012

This is a very interesting take as it makes me think Kylo is definitely where ep 9 is going.We have no need for a palpatine/snoke replacment.JJ has a Vader character that killed his master and has 6 fallen jedi to wreak havoc on the galaxy.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  3. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    I feel pretty mich the same way.

It’s cool when we read about Sith Lords trying to cheat death via science because they can’t achieve immortality the natural way.
    But equally it would be cool to see Snoke or even Palps haunting our heroes or even Kylo. I think cinematically it would be better to show dark side ghosts i guess.

themoth likes this.
  4. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Because Anakin lived such a disciplined life of goodness...

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lucas established in TCW that darksiders cannot become ghosts well not the same way the jedi can anyway.

6. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    How did he establish it?

7. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Sith Lords have to anchor themselves to an object in order to become Force ghosts. They don't have the same free movement of being able to appear anywhere, as Jedi Force ghosts do. For example, Darth Bane was anchored to his tomb in TCW.

8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I don't even think its a matter of anchoring, unless there's even newer canon material that says otherwise that I'm not aware of. I don't think Sith can become Force Ghosts at all. The Bane in the Tomb was supposedly just a vision created by the Priestesses.

There is the Sith personality in Ezra Bridger's holocron, but even that may just be some type of personality matrix instead of a full blown soul-like entity.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  9. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Was any of that actually spelt out though? I don’t remember anything explicitly stated as hard facts.

PS, I can’t believe a children’s animated show is canon. Bringing back Maul was a complete joke.
    And the wizard of Oz episodes... (shudders)

That show really ruined the Madalorians, Darth Maul, and even the clones. There were some really good post order 66 books in the old EU which were far more interesting than a ‘programing chip’.

Anyway, I’m getting off point.

10. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
  11. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Here's my Snoke theory from what I've pieced together. Snoke is a being very strong in the dark side of the force who resided in the Unknown regions of space. However Snoke was stuck on his planet due to having no ship. Snoke called out to Papaltine alerting him of his presence. After the war the Emperial remnant, now the First Order retreated into the Unkown regions and ran into Snoke who used his great power to gain control over the order. Once out in the galaxy Snoke used his power to manipulate Ben Solo and possibly other students causing them to turn against Luke, destroy his academy and form the Knights of Ren. Snoke then made Ben Solo now Kylo Ren his apprentice and taught him the ways of the dark side.

12. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    From what we've seen Snoke is far more powerful than Palpatine. He can reach out across space and telekinetically kill people.

13. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I think Snoke 'used' a different power than the traditional Force we're familiar with - the power the Jedi and Sith tapped into.

If so, it would explain why he seemed so much stronger. Explains the "he's not a Sith Lord". Also cracks the door for other abilities that pre-Disney SW ruled out.

14. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    That's one way to look at it, sure.

But Palpatine was also trying to mask the fact that he was a Force user to practically everyone. Palpatine wouldn't ever think of doing something like that so openly.

Also, keep in mind that Snoke also didn't really do anything that Vader couldn't do as far as killing people from such a great distance.

15. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Vader had to be on the same ship. Snoke could kill people across the stars. Which raises the question why he didn’t just reach out and kill all of his enemies this way....

16. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Who did Snoke kill across the galaxy?

themoth likes this.
  17. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Palpatine could also choke Dooku from Coruscant to Serenno as well. I don't think the distance matters that much.

Shadao likes this.
  18. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    No one. But he showed he could with Hux.

19. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Is that from the odious clone wars show?

20. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Were they not on the same ship?

21. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    No.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    No, it's from the really great, totally canon clone wars show.:)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    CEB likes this.
  23. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    That show destroyed the Mandalorians and made Maul's survival a joke.

50% was good, 50% was awful.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I agree with both of those criticisms, but I liked a lot more than %50. Regardless, the show does establish that Sidious could kill through space, so it's not unheard of that Snoke could do it. Also, the Phantom Menace novel had Sidious do this, as well.

25. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.