main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit At what point did Jacen change the future?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 1, 2018.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean in a One Canon universe where TFA/TLJ and FotJ-Legacy are divergents.

So Kesh would still be isolated in the Sequel Era, the One Sith still hiding away... and conversely Snoke and the FO hiding in the Unknown Regions after Crucible.

The EotH was battered into nothing first, from Mara’s statements. We never discovered who.

But yes, I expect Kesh was eventually found, but I also expect the Keshiri threw off the Tribe, and it joined the One Sith - though the Keshiri elements were expunged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I see. Well anyway the remnants of the EotH were absorbed by both the Chiss Ascendancy and IR.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yes, but not the territory.

4. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Why not the territory?

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Because the modern Remnant didn’t, at least to 44 ABY. Similarly, the Chiss had a sphere of influence, but not a territory, even in 130 ABY.

Esfandia is in the middle of former EotH territory and that was a New Republic and then GA asset. We know the Galactic Empire reaches to Ilum eventually - but that’s in 130 ABY; it could be the GA territory the Sith usurped.

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I don't see why in the interim the empire couldn't have wrangled the territory out to the unknown regions.

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And lost it by 130 ABY?

[​IMG]

8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Maybe the Chiss got it in their sphere? I dunno.

One thing that has always interested me about that map is that the whole western galactic quadrant is stated to be under Chiss influence.

How did the Chiss become so powerful?

9. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Is this still true? :p

Did you miss my on-topic remark, or was I just being too derailing? :p

Certainly not by using Jacen's tactics, but I'm curious if there are specific pointers for why you think that's what he was trying to do?

QFT.

Well, you might think that. I couldn't possibly comment. o_O [face_mischief]

I misread that as "Ben Skywalker" at first... :p

Using this as a convenient place to respond to your wider points - I find the idea of a "timeline swerve" of some sort very interesting... though as LEGACY stands, the fact that Luke has descendants and Mara features in the backstory may well be significant...

[face_thinking]

I'm pretty sure that the Hapan intelligence agency who protected and then employed the Zel sisters knew all about them. As, I'd imagine, did Ta'a Chume, Isolder and Teneniel Djo. Given the relatively compressed nature of the genealogical timeline, Elliah and Chalk are also close enough to be aware of this sort of thing, and are themselves plausible candidates for parents for Ania on that side of the family, so far as these things go...

... but Ania's insistence that she's "not royalty", while partially code for "not a GFFA-saving Jedi hero", also seems to me to emphatically distance herself from Allana and her descendants. That to me makes a connection with the Felpire equally unlikely, leaving events involving Jaina but not Jag as the most obvious "known unknown"...

I see no formal grounds to exclude Anakin. :p And like I said, there's also the small matter of Darth Vua, who is admittedly genetically ambiguous, but who could either be a synthetic Solobrat or the very literal progeny of one.

- The Imperial Ewok

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Personally I find the notion Jacen and Tahiri or Jacen and Danni Quee having a secret child is more plausible than Anakin having one. Though it's not impossible

PCCViking and kalzeth like this.
  11. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I'm not sure if you mean those suggestions semi-seriously, or simply as a reductio ad absurdum. :p

Personally, I tend to think Tahiri has better taste than that (for example, she can do the Shaper thing and get hold of some of Anakin's DNA), and I never saw Jacen and Danni really getting anywhere in particular. That said, I'm not against random Jacen offspring being out there - to take the most obvious option, there's even room for him to have a son with TK - but IMHO, that's innately no more or less plausible than Jaina or Anakin having similarly "off-book" descendants... and the key point I'd stress is that Jacen is not aware of having any kids except Allana, and that's a thematically quite important point for Jacen's motivations.

Where Jaina stands out to me is in the fact that she's the Solobrat most capable of having non-Fel, non-Hapan, "not royalty" descendants without recourse to retcons or DNA samples. Not that I actually mind either of those other options, I just think that puts Jaina in a different category in terms of the available choices.

- The Imperial Ewok

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    They are all so unlikely as to be impossible but none of them are actually 0 Percent chance unlikely. Jacen and Tahiri isn't implausible and in fact it happened in LOTF-it could have also occurred in an AU where Jacen didn't go dark or strike up a relationship with Tenel Ka. And why would Jacen be poor "taste" for Tahiri?

Jacen had more than a few women in his life-Tenel Ka, Danni, Tahiri, an at least two women who had crushes on him-Nelani Dinn and quite possibly Jysella Horn, not to mention whatever lust Alema Rar had for him. And things were certainly possible with Danni. The age gap between them wasn't that large and I don't see why they couldn't have struck things up if only briefly.

Anakin having a child with Tahiri-it's possible but the timeline issues don't work very well at all. Jaina having an off book descendant is possible.

All the scenarios I have discussed are based on character histories, relationships, and personalities.

Speculating about these scenarios is worthwhile I think because a piece of the puzzle of Ania's backstory simply does not fit. Marasiah's utter ignorance at someone named solo claiming descent from her own ancestors, her status at the beginning of Legacy Volume 2, and her own attitude to her ancestry, and what appeared to me anyway to be her lack of force sensitivity.

In the end we'll never know but it's fun to speculate.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Tahiri could have born a child of Caedus, arguably. But then she would have kept it from the others. Perhaps she mind-rubbed herself... or was mind-rubbed.

kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    There is a two year gap between Invincible and Outcast. So it's possible.

kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.