main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Just for nostalgic purposes I decided to re-watch the Mortis arc again :)

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think the arc made more sense with Bane and Revan, like in those deleted scenes.

kalzeth likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I have a feeling that will be handy when rebels returns.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    So I just rewatched the final Maul/Savage arc of TCW (Season 5). It's such a great arc to begin with; and then you get to the Lawless episode. For the first time I really wanted to watch that episode with an objective view. I want to see how ANYONE could've voted for that episode to be anything but perfect. Just didn't work. The feels of that episode from beginning to end are incredible. You get Satine's death by Maul;
    [​IMG]
    then about 10 seconds later you're taken to the Senate building on Coruscant where Chancellor Palpatine has just ordered his ship to be ready....and the rest is history.
    [​IMG]

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Watched the fugitive arc of Season 5 once again. The orchestral music is just so top notch; really affecting the mood of the episodes. I just wish there was some explanation as to how Barriss sneaked into the Republic's prison ward just as Ahsoka was in Letta's cell. She had to have been there; otherwise could it have been an example of Force Projection?

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If
    Luke died from the effort
    I cannot see her doing it.

@Trebor Sabreon @TheSilentInfluence @Todd the Jedi

Are we allowed to post TLJ spoilers without tags now?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    J7Luke likes this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Jedi and Sith seem to be able to hide their presence using the force. Whether it's a straight up invisibility ability or just a way to improve their stealth is ambiguous. Barris used it to remain hidden in the prison and Dooku used it to sneak right up to Obi Wan and Anakin when they were interrogating Silman on Oba Diah. Luke probably also used this when he was hiding from Vader in the Emperor's Throne Room, and Vader probably used it to launch a sneak attack on Luke during the latter half of their duel on Bespin after Vader stopped messing around.

0:15 always got me to jump as a kid.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    J7Luke and kalzeth like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It is possible that they can mask their presence in the force. This could be what Obi Wan was doing on Tatooine.

J7Luke, MandaloreRex2015 and kalzeth like this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

T7-01 likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I'll take that as a yes then. :p

11. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    That's a bold statement o_O

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So that really doesn't help to explain how Barriss managed to get so close to Letta's cell to Force choke her without anyone knowing she was there; let alone kill all of the guards on her way out. That one crucial part of the story always bugs me.

13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I always assumed it was more Lucas than Filoni, since Filoni wanted it about Ahsoka on what is essentially the Ghost with Plo Koon.
    George made her Anakin’s apprentice. A great move and the best move George did to give Ahsoka interest and longevity.

I’m guessing George also realised that the psycho we got in the PT is not sympathetic at all and basically re-wrote character.
    This was the Anakin we should’ve got in the PT in Jmo.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  14. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Recently started watching CW. Currently on S3. In some aspects I like it even more than Rebels, due to less filler episodes.

However, is it just me or I feel I am missing quite a lot of chunks between episodes? When the narrator starts talking and they show a re-cap, they usually show footage that wasn't shown in the previous episode - and I am pretty sure I am not missing anything. I feel like there are entire missing chunks of story between episodes that are briefly shown, but never really gotten a whole episode for it.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That’s because for some reason they showed out order on tv
    Best to watch it in Chronological order
    http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Jedi Knight Fett and J7Luke like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s because TcW was an anthology show.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    What if TCW-Anakin was the only Anakin? Like, if the show hadn't been cancelled, could a person skip the PT entirely?

Maybe its bcs I've been watching TCW all week, but...what if the PT was re-cut in the style of TCW?!

fett 4 likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You mean animated? I still would have stuck with the movies.

19. Vader0706

Jan 2, 2017
    I really don't have time to arrange it and constantly view if I am on the right episode.

What happens if I keep watching it scrambled?

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nothing. You might be a bit confused, but you will still see all the episodes.

Also when you finish season 6 be sure to watch the legacy content on Starwars.com
    http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

J7Luke likes this.
  21. Vader0706

Jan 2, 2017
    Thanks! What are those reels about? Will I miss important info if I don't watch them?

I am asking because I am limited on time, but also want to watch other films/shows as well.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    One is about Clone Commandos and Rex
    The other is about Obi-Wan and Anakin finding a giant Kyber crystal that the CIS wants.
    They are in rough animation form so not finished.

J7Luke likes this.
  23. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    No, not animated. I mean, reimagine Attack of the Clones not as a film, but as six episodes of TCW. Or Revenge of the Sith as six episodes of TCW.
    What if you saw the title card for TCW followed by the battle of Coruscant for 22-ish minutes. The Invisible Hand crashes, Obi-Wan says, "Another happy landing," and cut to the end credits!
    Or title card, and the next 20+ minutes. Palpatine: "Not from a Jedi." End credits.
    Another 20+ minutes, and Obi-Wan: "So uncivilized." End credits.
    "So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." End credits.
    It was just a thought experiment.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    He didn't re-write any character. It's the same character. The movies are focused on the more dramatic events and in his growth, where obviously he doesn't behave like he should (hence the tragedy of his story). The Anakin you see in TCW is no different from the Anakin you see at the beginning of ROTS, or when he banters with Obi-Wan in AOTC.

DBPirate, J7Luke and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  25. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    I actually really like this idea. That sounds kind of awesome!

cwustudent likes this.