main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    but at least some of the groundwork would lead back to Luke with this approach. It would be also more plausible that the FO had SKB and other weapons. They could have even used the 100 years gap to slowly build it up, maybe with a few confrontations already with the OT3, but they not realizing the threat behind it ect. Million of ways to use it.

2. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Forget about Luke's legacy for a second, i have accepted that he became a legend.

What is bugging me to no end is that Luke never tried to fight Snoke, like at all, not even thought about it ?

What is up with this whole Kylo and Snoke thing that Luke never got involved , instead decided to give up?

3. Instant Force Talk

Instant Force Talk Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2017
    If you consider the fact that the audio recording of Luke talking to the person we presume is Rey, said that he would never abandon Ben, and also pretty much cheated death by becoming one with the Force... He will have what should be his last hurrah in Episode IX. :luke:

Now I am wondering if R2-D2 is carrying Luke's "Return of the Jedi" lightsaber. And if that will be the key to finding out what happened that night. [face_thinking]

4. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Well, he may have, in the past. Most of Luke’s post-RotJ history is pretty much a ?

I think we’ll learn more in 9 :)

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We’ll also learn a heck of a lot more when they start making books to fill in that 30 year time gap.

6. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Yeap!

I think whatever EU lineup they announce for the next 2 years will give us an idea of where they’re going...

7. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    You think so ?

I agree that what happened to the skywalkers b/w ROTJ and TFA is a mystery.
    So FG Luke has to enlighten us.

But i got this vibe that Luke, Han, Leia were all about savinig Kylo but neither took the fight to Snoke.
    I mean Snoke seduced kylo to the dark side right under their care and they didnt want to kill him or fight him.

This whole snoke thing is suspicious.

I hope we get some clues to what Luke was upto regarding Snoke, if anything at all. Maybe some info in form of books too.

Darth Gummybear and NileQT87 like this.
  8. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Han didn’t know about Snoke’s involvement until Leia told him in TFA. It’s not clear when Leia fully realized what Snoke was doing/had done to Kylo.

Luke, from what he told Rey, knew Snoke had some connection to Kylo. I agree, it’s rather odd. Then again, considering what went down at the temple, including the fact that half of his students defected, Luke was far from 100% at that time (as evidenced by the bare mechanical hand in the flashback).

What we get in terms of EU materials over the next couple of years should be quite revealing, imo, particularly re what parts of the timeline they completely ignore.

Star war likes this.
  9. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    Do you think some of Luke's students could be Acolytes of Beyond planted by Snoke ? Thats why they followed Kylo when he turned. With him being Vaders grandson.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Really? I never had that impression. I know she says, "It was Snoke....", but I always heard that as just her way of reminding him that he shouldn't feel responsible, not that he knew nothing about Snoke's involvement. But I admit, I haven't read any of the books, so if the books explained that Han knew nothing about Snoke, I wouldn't be aware of it.

11. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I think they were students Luke had recruited, so I doubt they were plants. No clue whether Snoke corrupted them directly or through Kylo. I tend to think they’re primarily connected to Kylo considering we have yet to even see them onscreen, but it’s really wise-open right now. If JJ introduces them in 9, it would give Kylo more characters to play off of (vs just Hux). (Of course, Kylo will interact directly with Rey as well, but the end of TLJ seemed to set up Rey (Jedi), Poe (Leader), and Finn (Warrior) as a trio, and the forerunners of a new galactic paradigm.

ETA: @miasma

Yeah, the novelization made it clear that Han didn’t know.

12. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    So Han knew who Snoke was but didn't know it was him who turned his son?
    And if Han didn't know that, then we're saying Ben Solo turned dark, destroyed the Jedi academy, and Han just said "F-it" and went back to smuggling? LOL

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  13. milena

milena Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2018
    This is from the novelization:

He met her eyes steadily. “We’ve lost our son, forever.” Leia bit her lower lip, refusing to concede. “No. It was Snoke.” Han drew back slightly. “Snoke?” She nodded. “He knew our child would be strong with the Force. That he was born with equal potential for good or evil.”

“You knew this from the beginning? Why didn’t you tell me?”

She sighed. “Many reasons. I was hoping that I was wrong, that it wasn’t true. I hoped I could sway him, turn him away from the dark side, without having to involve you.” A small smile appeared. “You had—you have—wonderful qualities, Han, but patience and understanding were never among them. I was afraid that your reactions would only drive him farther to the dark side. I thought I could shield him from Snoke’s influence and you from what was happening.” Her voice dropped. “It’s clear now that I was wrong. Whether your involvement would have made a difference, we’ll never know.”

He had trouble believing what he was hearing. “So Snoke was watching our son.” “Always,” she told him. “From the shadows, in the beginning, even before I realized what was happening, he was manipulating everything, pulling our son toward the dark side. But nothing’s impossible, Han. Not even now, at this late time. I have this feeling that if anyone can save him—it’s you.” He wanted to laugh derisively. If he did, he knew she might never speak to him again. “Me? No. If Luke couldn’t reach him, with all his skills and training, how can I?” She was nodding slowly. “Luke is a Jedi. But you’re his father. There’s still light in him. I know it.”

14. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    The Force Awakens novel was made before the movie was finished and Pablo said novelization's info can or not being canon depending of what the movie reveal.

So Han can or not know about Snoke (like when a novelization said Padme died when Leia was 4 but it isn't canon anymore)

nightangel and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  15. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    The novelizations are the most ridiculous and hilarious things to me. Those conversations...those lines...are not how a real conversation would go. It sounds so forced and unnatural.

Jedi Jessy and Darth Smurf like this.
  16. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    And Unkar's quotes to Rey are weird

“Your audacity always has exceeded your size, Rey. I’ve always admired that about you.”

[...]
    “That’s my girl.” His tone oozed something more than false possessiveness. There was an
    eagerness in his voice that was something new even for Unkar Plutt."

?????????????????????????????

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Hey I made a similar suggestion yesterday on the KOR thread! Heh.:p I kinda want them to go in that direction instead of, "yeah well Luke simply didn't pick up on Ben turning to the dark side until it was too late...aaaaaaaand if we're getting real here the same goes for Jeff, Ryan, Jen, Stacy, Rob, and Will who all also fell to the dark side too quickly for Luke to notice. What can I say? That hubris really blinded the heck out of Luke"!

18. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Luke wasn’t 100% at that point, though. Doesn’t excuse it, but it does explain it.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I do not think so. Although it would be a cool connection.

20. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Gotcha. Seems odd though that he’d try teaching these students at a time when his head wasn’t in the game.

21. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Soldiering on. Takes a lot to make Luke give up.

All about the hand.

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Many, many times we have seen that SW has been an allegory of the Bible and biblical figures. If you look at one of the final verses in the New Testament you could find the clue to what could be the finale of the Skywalker Saga.

I thought long and hard over the allegory with Luke and Jesus, considering the crucifixion as the point where Luke dies as both Christ died on a rock )the crucifix was driven into a rocky outcrop) as did Luke. So if we follow that chain of thought through it would have Luke resurrected, walk as flesh and blood for a short time before ascending to becoming one with the Force.

But what if Luke has already ascended and will return nit as a child but as the Messiah of the Force?

MrElculver2424 and Ton_G like this.
  23. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    JJ Abrams (director of IX) is jewish. I'd prefer his pov

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I was thinking more...

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    All conversations in fiction are unnatural. Real life conversations happen in real time, where as fictional conversations have been planned, written, rewritten, scrutinised and edited before being presented to the audience.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.