main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Great, iconic and memorable movie soundtracks

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 23, 2018.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I came here just to post that. That song was perfect in the context of those scenes in the movie.

2. The Krynoid Man

The Krynoid Man Jedi Master star 3

Dec 24, 2015
    I don't know about great or iconic, but the first Mr Bean film had a pretty decent soundtrack album

[​IMG]

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I can see Boyzone and Wet Wet Wet listed, alone with OMC. So no, it ****ing didn't.

4. The Krynoid Man

Dec 24, 2015
    Admittedly the OMC track was the worst one on the album

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Oh, yet another movie used that song? Original.

Ender Sai and heels1785 like this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    innovation, thy name is marvel studios

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes but this one was about actual Valhalla.

[face_tee_hee]

This was, on balance and upon reflection, a pretty ordinary film. Kilmer was a good Jim Morrison but if you've ever read Noone Here Gets Out Alive, you'll get a sense for the more accurate story of Jim Morrison and the Doors.

[​IMG]

But as a soundtrack? You got some Carl Orff (O Fortuna) and Velvet Underground (Heroin) in the mix, but it was mostly a greatest hits for the Doors plus some tracks from "An American Prayer", Morrison's solo 'poetry' recording that the Doors later scored. The film opens, if I remember correctly, with Morrison recording some of the Prayer sessions so it's fitting it's included. As a gateway into the Doors (I got this sountrack at the end of 1991 and it sparked an intense interest in the band in the 90s) it's a pretty good introduction; as a set of songs designed to highlight the film's story, it's pretty effective too.

Plus, the live Roadhouse Blues > studio Roadhouse Blues.

8. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    Yeah, I'd say that started my embarrassing teenage Doors fan phase, but Doors fans aren't made. They're born.

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Of my favorite soundtracks, probably only 2 are truly iconic and 1 counts more as a score. So with that technically I'll list 6:

1) Tron Legacy - technically a score but was treated like a soundtrack. But I never get tired of listening to it- and I probably listened to it every day for a year or two straight when it came out.

2) Mortal Kombat- Just the perfect blend of metal, industrial and techno. Wide range from intense tracks (Traci Lords' Control) to calming tracks (Oribital's Halcyon + on + on) to heavy tracks (Fear Factory's Zero Signal) with a dash of some well-blended score tracks.

And then KMFDM's Juke Joint Jezebel kinda blends them all together. When making playlists this track still makes the perfect track to transition between metal and techno tracks.

3) The Punisher- Solid selection of rock and metal. Pretty much every song is enjoyable (which is usually not the case with most soundtracks). While the Drowning Pool track and the Seether/Amy-from-Evanescence tracks are the typical stand outs, Mark Collie's In Time (sung in the film and used for the trailer as well) is still my favorite.

(TBC...)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    4) The Transformers: The Movie- 80's awesomeness with lyrics that capture (or, arguably, defined) the characters and mythos in ways the Bayformer movies couldn't even dream of every evening glimpsing. And you get some Vince DiCola score as total bonus.

5) The Rocky Story- This one is a cheat, but it includes all the best songs from the first 5 movies.

And even more Vince DiCola awesomeness, personified by the truly epic "War" track. You can HEAR the final punch:

6) Daredevil- It's not quite the beginning-to-end success of The Punisher soundtrack, but you get highlights from Fuel, Rob Zombie/Drowning Pool and it effectively introduced Evanescence to mainstream success.

7) Armageddon- Half of it is an Aerosmith album, but a good one- including their awesome cover of Come Together (didn't even know it was a cover for at least a year after its release). And you get some Bon Jovi, ZZ Top and Journey for good measure. Plus a Trevor Rabin score track.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  11. The Krynoid Man

Dec 24, 2015
    In terms of 80's music, the Electric Dreams album is excellent (shame about the actual film)

[​IMG]

12. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    To carry on the 80's theme...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    The Krynoid Man likes this.
  13. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    The most beautiful melody of the 20th century? maybe...

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What part of "soundtrack, not score", is confusing here please @moreorless?

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I, Tonya. I didn’t expect that. Really good use of music.

16. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Forgot about this one, just re-revisted this today:

[​IMG]