main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends What I Wanted L/M/OC. One-shot for One-Hit Wonder.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 28, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WNSA
    Characters: L/M, and Ciera, their daughter, an OC
    Disclaimer: Borrowing for the fun of it even the song -- see below.

My one hit wonder was "I Wanna Be a Cowboy", by Boys Don't Cry. Lyrics under the tag: [face_laugh] 8-}
    Riding on the range,
    I've got my hat - on,
    I've got my boots - dusty.

I've got my saddle
    On my horse.
    He's called....T-t-t-t-t-trigger
    Of course.

I wanna be a cowboy
    and you can be my cowgirl
    I wanna be a cowboy
    I wanna be a cowboy

(woman's voice)
    Riding on the chuck wagon,
    Following my man.
    His name is Ted,
    Can you believe that?
    Camping on the prairie
    Plays havoc with my hair.
    Makes me feel quite dirty,
    Though we all do sometimes

I wanna be a cowboy
    I wanna be a cowboy
    I wanna be a cowboy

Looking like a hero,
    Six-gun at my side,
    Chewing my tobacco.
    Out on the horizon,
    I see a puff of smoke.
    Indians on the warpath,
    (Indian voice) White man speak-em with forked tongue.
    Or not.
    I wanna be a cowboy
    I wanna be a cowboy

My name is Ted,
    And one day I'll be dead yo yo
    ~~~~~~!!!!

Ciera asked her Daddy if he ever thought about or was asked as a youngling the timeless question of one's friends/classmates: "What do you wanna be when you grow up?" Fueled by wistful longings for tomorrows of grand adventure or freedom to pursue a long-held dream/wish ...

At the time she asked this question Luke was at a loss. He had thought his father was a freighter captain so naturally he wanted to follow in those footsteps -- travel amongst the stars and have grand adventures. When he found out Darth Vader was his father, that became problematic. "I want to be a Sith Lord"? Huh. Not exactly a grand goal to strive for.
    But when Vader returned to the light however briefly, he had something else to aspire to, which coincidentally happened to be the path he was on anyway--to be a Jedi.

Of course, if you were strictly going by the facts of who raised you, that would've been Owen. Very admirable qualities his uncle had--of being hardworking, honest, and loyal. But staying stuck on Tatooine -- totally the last thing Luke wanted.
    Luke stuck to the short story rather than going the long way around: "I wanted to help people and make the worlds a better place. So I became what I am, a Jedi."

Ciera's green-blue eyes shone with love and pride at such a compassionate, selfless answer. It was definitely who she knew her Daddy to be.

"And what about you, Mommy?" She now asked Mara in all innocence.

Mara and Luke exchanged glances.

Now if this wasn't a loaded question, the Skywalkers didn't know what was!

"I wanted to be a Sithly pawn?" Another not! kind of answer.

"I didn't have the chance to really think of those things." Mara answered carefully. "I worked for Talon Karrde and then went into business for myself before becoming a Jedi like your Daddy. I enjoyed everything I chose, especially the choosing, and now the sharing with Daddy." She gave Luke a teasing smirk.

Ciera seemed satisfied with that answer, so her parents tucked her in and kissed her goodnight.

"Wow, we got through that relatively unscathed." Luke commented with undisguised relief as he settled with Mara on the sofa with mugs of hot chocolate.

Mara rolled her green eyes. "For now. When she gets older and wants more details, then we'll have to give them judiciously."

"Do you even know how?" He teased.

She gave him a mock-scowl. He laughed and stroked a red-gold curl as it fell down her shoulder.

"One thing I wanted once I grew up was you pretty much right as soon as I saw you that first time." Luke admitted tenderly.

"So you say." Mara retorted, trying to sound fiercely unbelieving but Luke could tell she was touched.

He just winked and kissed her deeply, almost to the point of spilling their hot drinks. So he pulled back and they enjoyed their delicious beverages before going to bed and indulging in other delicious pastimes.

+++++++
    [face_love] [face_laugh] I still got the L/M OTP FEELS! [face_mischief] [face_party]

Kahara, divapilot, Sith-I-5 and 3 others like this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Ooo, an AU with a different L/M kiddo? I'm all ears. :)

And seriously, at some point, those two lovebirds will HAVE to explain more.

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Nice story.

Interesting that the protagonists here, felt their choices HAD to be dictated by their what their own parents were; where and when I grew up, common early aspirations were nurses, for girls, and astronauts, for boys.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see Luke and Mara with a lovely daughter

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  5. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Aww, what a sweet little story [face_love] It’s always nice to see a story there’s a happy-ever-after for one of my favorite couples (and I still do love them, even if I’ve shipped them both with other people). I like your OC daughter, very cute! And like younglings in every Galaxy, she manages to ask an innocent question that proves difficult to answer. It’s interesting that both Luke and Mara tell their daughter the truth “from a certain point of view.” You’d expect this from Mara, with her background as the Emperor’s hand, but not so much from Luke. Yet he does have his share of difficult family history, and his answer about helping people and making the worlds better is perfect. That desire was always consistent for him, whatever stage of life he was in. And Mara’s answer about “choosing” was both sweet and telling as well. Once she was free of Palpatine’s influence, she was able to finally choose what she wanted to do and who she wanted to be—and who she wanted to be with. :)

Someday, they can give Ciera more details, a little at a time, and she will understand what her parents went through to get achieve what they wanted.

Lovely story, and thanks so much for taking part in the challenge!

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Raissa Baiard -- and thanks for hosting it LOL Such intriguing one hit wonders in the mix. ;) And exactly how I feel about Luke and Mara's paths separately and together [face_love]

Kahara, Raissa Baiard and Ewok Poet like this.