main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek Medical mayhem, prompt challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 9, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    More tender moments after the storm that raged through the Netherlands too.
    They sure like it

Weathering the storm
    “This was bad!” Teri flew in Nick’s arms when he opened the door.

“I know,” Nick hugged her.

“The ER was crowded with casualties today but we managed to treat all,” Teri doffed her wet coat. “And did your day met some mayhem too? I didn’t see any of your trainees.”

“We had the Smurf-run scheduled for the trainees,” Nick cracked a smile. “But with that force nine storm coming and Kyle bringing Isabeau we were weathering the storm in the school with a very captivated audience.” He limped into the living-room and sat down.

“And why was Isabeau there?”

“Isabeau had finished the last of the ‘fate of the Jedi’ series and had a discussion with Kyle about the old and new Star Wars. You know last week we had one of those new things showing, me falling asleep because I didn’t like it and Kyle stirring me awake with ‘Force awake’ and I wondering where Luke was.”

“I didn’t see the Force awakens and the rest of the new stuff being a Mara-fan,” Teri ruffled through Nick’s short hair. “We are alike in that. And Isabeau and Kyle are old-stuff lovers.”

“Yes,” Nick smiled. “Isabeau had brought her reader and was telling the story of Mara’s death. No tears on the faces of the trainees but I could see they were touched by the story. When she was ready all wanted a copy of the stories in the reader. And our Disney-fan came to me asking if I had some real books too. I will bring the entire series to the school. That way we all can read them when we like and have discussions.”

“Great idea,” Teri patted Nick on his chest. “In your office they were gathering dust. And that reminds me you have to…”

Not wanting to have a discussion about cleaning of his office Nick kissed Teri.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for first responders @};- They are indispensable! =D=

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Today I had some time to spare and raced through your latest updates. They are all done with love and care for both SW and Star Trek. You gave the EU and its beloved characters a special place in them. Thank you!

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Good use of Salt In The Wound, a page ago.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    The last line of this ficlet cracked me up; smooth move, Nick! :p [face_laugh]

But, once again, I love your cross-fandom little tid-bits. They are always fun to read! :D

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thank you
    More fun in the next one

Crossing paths

“You!”

“You!”

“Inflated kriffing scumbag. Sith spawn.”

“Kirk, I meant…”

“After you constantly tried to drive a wedge between Audrey and me, I have the right to call you that.”

“But Lori could have…”

“Made me the top dog of Starfleet, yes but she is dead and…”

“Never thought Jim and admiral Nogura would be crossing paths again,” McCoy had walked to his friends standing near a table with delicacies. “Visiting the Starfleet-ball after bringing that delegate home was maybe a bad idea.”

“But inviting us not,” Kyle grinned. “Meeting you again is nice. I saw Sith lord Nogura as soon as I entered the room. Meeting Jim was inevitable.”

“Audrey sure is having fun with Nyota and Isabeau,” Nick remarked “and she will have an interesting evening.”

“With Audrey soothing Jim,” Spock reached for a chocolate meringue.

“And you having a nice evening,” Kyle produced a bag from one of his pockets and began to stuff meringues in it. “Here, for Nyota.”

“But I don’t have a place to hide it,” Spock gazed down to the bulging left pocket of Kyle’s pants.

“Here,” Nick unfolded a shopping-bag. “I got it from that promo-stand, knowing someone would need it. And Spock an advice; Try to convince those uniform-designers to include cargo-pants for the new design.”

“Good idea,” Spock accepted the shopping-bag and another bag from Kyle and had that soon filled to the brim with meringues.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful talk between friends and chocolate meringues :)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and what follows

Epistolary

Visiting Starfleet headquarters had been nice but what came after that visit – getting rooms in a San Francisco hotel in the bay-area – was even more enjoyable. Kyle had been right. Make it a three day trip by hovercar. Nick had roamed the city, looking for antiques and had found some very nice items. True he had needed Spock afterwards to transfer the data on the old datastick to a medium suitable for his computer but he loved what he got. Diaries, novels, epistolary novels, artwork, drabbles and more had been on the datastick.
    Nick was sitting behind his desk. He looked up from his screen when he heard the door opening. “They had a large fan-community with some loving what I still love,” He saw on his watch that it was very late. “Time flies when you are having fun.”

Teri came to the screen and began to read, smile forming on her face. “This is the last chapter. I like to read that too. They are letters from Luke and Mara expressing their great love.”

“And all of it was fan-fiction and fan-art,” Nick smiled. “This datastick must have come from a fan loving the old stuff before Disney happened.”

“Kyle has a copy too I presume?”

“Sure and knowing Spock, McCoy, Jim and a lot more will have this on their computers.”

“Reading this yummy stuff Nyota, Audrey and more members will come up with nice ideas,” Teri had finished the chapter. “I sure have.”

“Following you,” Nick had powered down his computer “and I have some ideas too.”

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fanfictions about Luke and Mara are the best. Give them happy endings.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes

A dream is a wish
    “Mara dreamt about killing Luke, wishing to kill him until she saw him,” Teri closed her reader. “I love what those fan-ficcers did for Mara and Luke with some making fun about the relation between Luke and that thing called Calista. I had my wishful dreams too. I could get a job as a nurse. And marrying John Bel Hana and getting a beautiful daughter Jessy was the ultimate in dreams coming true. Until Cyron Mazzanic happened and began to rule Simira and…” she gave a soft gasp.

“The federation was there to help,” Nick took her in his arms. “I could disarm your pursuer.”

“And I was comforted by you,” Teri said. “With my daughter I could escape. Religion and the rules made by Mazzanic were horrible.”

“We had our share of religious zealots on earth too,” Nick mused. “The middle east was a cauldron with terrorists trying to impose their rules on the rest and even waging a war against what they called the infidels. Weapons manufactures watched the mayhem with glee. They became rich.”

“Money doesn’t make me rich. Being with you is all I want. A dream ending well.”

“For me too,” Nick kissed her on her cheek. “As a young boy I dreamt about rescuing people. I became a federation SEAL and a medic, joined Starfleet and was there to save you.”

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delicious with Nick and Teri recounting their dreams =D= Insightful about religious zealots in any place and time. [face_thinking]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Now for some fun and romance

Starlight
    Starlight was reflected on the waves in San Diego bay and the two swimmers clad in black wetsuits, fins and goggles staying close together.

Nick gave the two a thumbs-up. The trainees were doing fine. He eased the throttle of the PBL to catch up with the last pair and looked up towards the sky and recognised some of the stars.

“Stargazing?”

“Yes Kyle,” Nick grinned “we have seen that one” he pointed with his right hand towards a star “in close range. We had a birthday celebration for the captain on the observation deck, circling Rana VII.”

“I know and the next day I saw more stars when I woke up and had to visit you,” Kyle said. “I was trying to match Scotty and failed. I was stupid. I should have known. That Kelvan was no match for him. I heard him telling about the drinking-competition and how he fared after we were back in human form. Be glad you missed those aliens.”

“Drinking scotch was natural for him,” Nick began to smile. “I observed him trying to coerce Spock in tasting the scotch but Scotty failed when Uhura intervened and asked him to follow her.”

“For a taste of love or something like that,” Kyle took the binoculars. “There they are.”

“And doing fine too,” Nick observed the swimmers. “All are now headed to the pier. We will follow them and get back to base and maybe some stargazing when I am home.”

“Stargazing yes,” Kyle laughed. “Isabeau loves it sitting on the porch and watching the stars with me. But I won’t tell her about that birthday.”

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Drinking contests [face_mischief] and stargazing -- nice for couples. [face_love]

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Nice stuff with Epistolary and A Dream Is A Wish.

I'm jealous , every time I find SW mentioned where it wasn't forced onto the other forum like I had to.

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This continues to be a fun collection of replies, earlybird! Nick and Kyle are a terrific pair of OCs, and I've loved catching up on their adventures with the rest of the Enterprise crew. [face_love] =D=

Sith-I-5 - I know this is late - I'm behind catching up on my reviews, but I wanted to clarify this point: you can mention Star Wars all you like in your stories. It's cross-overs, when you mix together actual characters/places/plot elements into your NSWFF stories, that need to be separated. Here, Star Wars is referred to as a story, that's more than acceptable. I didn't want you to feel as if you had to hold back on anything of that sort in your own work. :)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and a continuing story with the next discussion
    Thank you
    It's fun to have them commenting on the GFFA. More banter in the next part

Chill
    “Brrrrrr, brrrrrrrrrrrrr”

“Brrrrrrrrrrr, brrrrrrrrr”

Trainees were climbing onto the pier and huddling close together.

“Darth Crisson and his apprentice Darth Robberts are coming.”

“Shhh, brrr,”

“Hmmm, chase the chill away.”

“My feet are cold. Brrrrrrrr.”

“Mine too. Brrrrrrr.”

“Hmmm, that does it. Hey John; pee in your suit.”

“It drives away the chill.”

“Only for a moment, brrrrr.”

“Trainees to the truck,” Nick commanded. “Hot showers are waiting for you.” He couldn’t suppress a shiver when he tied the PBL to the pier. He continued softly “Brrr and for us too.”

“You are cold man,” Kyle hopped on the pier and whispered only for Nick to hear. “We cannot do what they have done.”

“Yeah,” Nick grinned “but we have done that when we were trainees. Now we don’t have to clean up.”

“No,” Kyle grinned. “Let’s head to the base. I like to do some stargazing.”

“And you know,” Nick cautioned.

“No birthday-talk,” Kyle climbed into the truck with Nick following him.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :oops: A unique use of "chill"

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    followed by

Blessing

“No birthday-talk,” Kyle took his black wetsuit from his locker. “I promised you. We had just some stargazing for a few minutes because Isabeau complained about the cold. A fluffy blanket didn’t help so we went inside.”

“For me it was no stargazing either,” Nick was wriggling in the sleeves of his wetsuit. “Teri was late from work. She visited on her way home the take-away Chinese for a delightful sweet and sour pork and pineapple chicken dinner. After that we were too tired and went to bed early.”

“Now we are warm and comfy for what’s coming,” Kyle closed his suit. “This is a blessing for me.”

“Yeah,” Nick said “drown-proofing for our trainees with them only wearing their swim-trunks. And with us entering the pool frequently to assist. I am ready.”

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nick and Kyle had nice relaxing evenings :)

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Nice scenario to explore Stargazing.

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I liked how slice-of-life this was one was! Another great ficlet using the prompt. :) =D=

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    followed by intense action
    thank you
    and it's continuing

Liftoff

“And we have liftoff.” Nick shouted. He was bobbing in the pool when a trainee took a dive that had the trainee sailing over his head. He waited for the trainee to complete the erratic underwater-swim to the other end of the pool and back and surfacing quite near him. “What did we teach you?”

“Uh get to the bottom and stay there, instructor Crisson,” the trainee answered.

“And that’s something else than a rocket-launch,” Nick said. “Again.”

The trainee climbed out of the pool, took the correct position and dove down to the bottom, completed the exercise and surfaced again.

“Good.” Nick was satisfied “report to instructor Crisson for drown-proofing.”

Nick saw the trainee getting his hands tied behind his back and entering the pool were more trainees were bobbing in the water and swam that way. He had to watch them.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, interesting use of liftoff, a training exercise. [face_thinking]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    followed by the next training

Hazardous

“Next evolution rock portage,” Nick stood with his back to the roaring surf in front of the trainees and their IBS boats. They had just finished their drown-proofing evolution and the march to lunch with their IBS to the mess-building and back.

“It can be hazardous but do as we instructed,” Kyle added. “Now get into the surf. It’s nice weather ladies.”

Nick and Kyle watched the trainees, giving caustic comments when a boat-crew made a hazardous move or just a faint smile – mostly not seen by the trainees – when an IBS was placed ashore as instructed. They mostly made remarks about the weather. “It’s bad, I know but come here in winter and you will see what bad weather is. It’s the summer girls.”

And ‘girls’ had Nick commenting “I wonder how Nyota and her girls are doing.”

“Fine I suppose with Spock as their ever loving and caring dad,” Kyle grinned.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fine use of hazardous and sweet mention of Nyota and family. [face_love]