main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Supernatural Force (The Ones, Priestesses, Magiks etc.)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Meeko Ghintee, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    In the clone wars it almost seemed like Mortis was falling apart.

2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Sidious is clearly a power hungry leech - he formed an alliance with Talzin and the Nightsisters, only to steal Maul and use her knowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to do the same with The Ones. He wants to possess every ability the Force can render in a being.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Sidious would've known about The Ones through Vader.

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  4. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    In the Tarkin novel it's mentioned that Sidious wants to reshape reality. Maybe the Ones are the key to do that.

AplagueOnTheWise and Darkslayer like this.
  5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Would he? What motivation would Vader have to share that secret with Darth Sidious?

6. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Maybe the One's restart the galaxy (like retcon it all) and every character prior to episode 4 gets mixed together and becomes Snoke?

MCAdventureCity likes this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Talzin has a lot in common with the myth of Baba Yaga.

I would think it more likely that Sidious uses his observatories to attempt find places like Mortis or seek contact with other Dark Siders or Force beings(maybe like his version of the SETI program).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Ewok Poet and cwustudent like this.
  8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    With Disney canon, things changed completely with the force and the deities they have introduced. Both TCW and Rebels have introduced different entities that use the force in different ways. Then you have all these abilities that translated to the new movies. Leia flying in space, something that not even the Emperor could do at the end of ROTJ, Yoda being on the other side and being able to conjure up lightning as a ghost, to the super telecommunication between Rey and Kylo. Then Luke doing what he did, levitating in the air, projecting himself far away, then doing it with style by being his younger self to include using the blue lightsaber and mock fighting with Kylo and interacting with Leia. Now that took a lot of energy. I'm just saying, and we still have episode 9 left and the second half of Rebels. If we add the new canon comic books and novels the powers triplify in my opinion.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Asajj Ventress

Asajj Ventress Jedi Padawan

Jan 3, 2018
    Personally, without the supernatural aspect of the Force (particularly among alien cultures -- ie Nightsisters), Star Wars would have lost a lot of it's appeal to me. I love that it fuses scifi and fantasy.

10. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Filoni and co. Should really be given more credit among fandom for the evolution and expansion of our understanding of the Force, which continued into the ST. You're spot on, as these storylines merged scifi and fantasy in such a great way that they became my favorites among the series. I was hoping Rebels would visit Dathomir with a bit more depth, but surely the EU will revisit it.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well it was really george who kicked that all off with mortis

AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  12. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    True, I also like that aspect because if it wouldn't be there, I think star wars would have been a bit bland. The thing is some fans really hate that aspect and in the sequel trilogy boards, have gone on to bash anything of that nature with TLJ along with anything else.

13. Asajj Ventress

Asajj Ventress Jedi Padawan

Jan 3, 2018
    It's a shame that so many fans are opposed to any supernatural parts of the Force or the various cultures who interact with the Force. The Jedi and the Sith themselves are full on religions filled with mysticism. Star Wars has never just been pure sci-fi.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    And it will never be. Haters gonna hate...

Asajj Ventress likes this.
  15. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree, these boards over the years have been up and down with this. I mean back from the micro series to the expanded universe, to the six movies, and now the new stuff. If Durge wasn't all out, Mace in the micro series was outrageous, to LOE/micro series General Grevious. From abilities here and there, its been a bit controversial. You had Dorsk 81 force push with the assistance of some jedi some 17 star destroyers across the galaxy, to Darth Bane's third book where he uses the lightsaber and blocks every single rain drop.

16. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I believe the mystical / supernatural side of SW has always been there, but they fleshed it out in the EU, and especially the animated series. As its been mentioned, George and his daughter were involved with the CW storylines, so they were breathing life into concepts that may have been around for many years. George created this fantasy universe, so his development and approval of these concepts should sit well with fandom, as they are every bit a part of the SW DNA as the OT.

cwustudent and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    I know this might be off topic, but I would like to share my view on the Supernatural Force:
    The Ones are the embodiment of the Cosmic Force
    The Bendu and Loth-wolves are the embodiment of the Living Force
    The Force Priestesses(who may or may not be the Whills) embody the connection between both

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  18. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    So if I'm correct in that the Convor was the Daughter (which, as of writing, is still a big if), will we see the Son? I also initially thought the Bendu was Father but I'm not so sure about it anymore. Turning back to the questions initially posed on the first page, if the Ones are still around and thus in some sense indestructible, does this lend credence to the idea that the Ones aren't merely powerful beings but manifestations of the Force itself (as @Grievpalpy75 mentions, the Cosmic Force)?

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think the Convoree is an ancient, force sensitive animal that was the Daughter's pet or familial. How it lived for so long I don't know. It's exciting to speculate over, and I'm looking forward to how Rebels explains it. Maybe it's another "One" with the ability to shape shift. We don't know if there was a "Mother" (Not Abeloth - hopefully) but that isn't out of the realm of possibility.
    Anyway, after The Daughter died, the Convoree found Ahsoka - who is closely connected to The Daughter. I like to think that the Daughter and Son are dead, but perhaps the Father is a force ghost given how he passed. It seems clear at this point that they were actual individuals, unless the Convoree is an illusion as well.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I like that. Can we call it Bubo, please? :D

[​IMG]

21. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Well I'll be darned -- a resurrected thread with a bullet!

I cannot wait to see a little more discussion about Mortis on screen. I do not really agree with any of the theories I have read so far -- except maybe the daughter is the Convor. And that Palpatine is either aware of Mortis or actually looking for it - and that Palpatine at some point milked that information out of Anakin. Palps definitely thinks Anakin is something special regardless of his lost limbs - and I think would completely believe Vader if told about that Mortis adventure. No reason to believe Sidious doesn't possess some piece of Sith lore referring to Mortis to bolster the tale - but remember - Palpatine and Vader spent 20+ years together -- Vader might not have had a reason to tell Palpatine...

BUT - "I must obey my Master"
    For Example:
    DS: Lord Vader - tell me of your Jedi teachings. Tell me all you learned and encountered as a Jedi - I would have this knowledge for myself.
    Vaderakin: Pull up a Sith Stool -- have I got a tall tale for you!

22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Baba who? Is that Ponda Baba's long-lost brother?

23. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Slavic mythology...

Vorax likes this.
  24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  25. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    So in this thread we've touched upon the whole "will of the force" thing and what that could mean. The place Ezra is in during a World Between Worlds, a place that appears to surround, penetrate, and hold time and space together and is accessed at the whim of the force's personified gods...kinda seems like a manifestation of the force itself as a location. In this place, we hear voices from throughout canon, including ones that don't yet exist during Rebels. Which begs the question, is the Star Wars universe deterministic? We hear Kylo Ren saying the Force Awakens lines...Ben Solo has no choice but to turn to darkness. It makes it seem like everyone is but a pawn to the force and has no choice in their fate. A galaxy of playthings, they dance on the strings, of powers they cannot perceive. Every major choice seems like an illusion. The future isn't moving, all time occurs at once in that room and its not like we see or hear alternative versions of Star Wars events. Even when the future does present itself (Anakin's dream about Padme), its only a means to self-fulfill a prophesy. I'm not sure I like it.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018