main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Man In The High Castle

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTerminator, Dec 30, 2015.

1. JediTerminator

JediTerminator Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2004
    I did not see a thread for this series, so I'm making this thread for this awesome show.

"The Man In The High Castle" is an Amazon Prime series based on the book by Philip K. Dick. The story takes place in alternate history where Nazi Germany and Japan have won WWII. Germany occupies most of the East known as Great Nazi Reich while Japan occupies the Japanese Pacific States and both powers are separated by a Neutral Zone. The series takes place in 1962.​
    [​IMG]
    The story involves a group of resistance fighters and the Axis powers searching for copies of films that show the world where the Allies have won the war much to the surprise of all sides involved. ​

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm so glad we got rid of the search function.

soitscometothis and jp-30 like this.
  3. JediTerminator

Aug 23, 2004
    They are working on a second season now.

4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Isn't everyone

yankee8255 likes this.
  5. JediTerminator

Aug 23, 2004
    I just got finished with episode 9 that is right before the Finale. It's getting weirder. It has feel of Wolfenstein to it at times.

6. spaulagain

spaulagain Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm looking forward to starting this. Heard really good things

JediTerminator likes this.
  7. JediTerminator

Aug 23, 2004
    It's true quality. It gives an eerie look into what the world would look like under the control of the Axis powers.

8. DeanoMeisteR

DeanoMeisteR Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    It never says what happens to Alaska, Hawaii, and by that logic Puerto Rico as well :(, and how is the neutral zone maintained? All of this looks pretty interesting.

9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I liked the first season a great deal. One of the things I wish these speculative histories would do though would be to explore how a victorious Third Reich would be governed. Neither 'Fatherland' or 'Man in the High Castle' do this.

JediTerminator likes this.
  10. JediTerminator

Aug 23, 2004
    They are currently working on a second season even though there was no second book released for source material. From what I gather, the producers have all the author's notes and ideas about what a second book would entail. They will probably explore more areas of other countries and their occupational statuses.
    True, but there is so many possibilites they can work with in the future. The Neutral Zone is a strange place that has a population of about 8 million people. Nazi and Japanese agents operate in the zone with almost full immunity. Basically anything that would appear to be a threat to their Empires, they would enter. It's a very grey area.

For example, what's illegal in either in the Japanese or Nazi controlled areas are not bluntly stated in the Neutral Zone. The Nazi Marshal made note of black people in the zone, but did go after them, but Jews were a different task. Many activities in the Neutral Zone are not necessarily legal or illegal by either Empire or its citizens.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I just wanted to bring up that I've begun to watch this series since signing up for Amazon Prime. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. I've always been interested in "what if" scenarios relating to historical events; and I knew I'd appreciate this.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’ve watched several episodes myself and have enjoyed them. It’s not a show I’m tempted to binge but it’s enjoyable enough.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I got burned out on this show after the first season. I thought the first half was excellent, was building to a climax pretty nicely. But the last episodes had so much wheel-spinning, and so little happened, that I just lost interest.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not usually one who watches any television episodes; but this show at least piqued my curiosity. If I do lose interest towards the end of the first season, I won't bother watching the second. But as of now I like the characters and the story around them. Not to mention that opening theme, which I could be wrong but I'd imagine is supposed to be the anthem of the new "country". It's both creepy and beautiful at the same time lol.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ...it's Edelweiss, a Rogers and Hammerstein song from The Sound of Music.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ah ok. It's been awhile since I saw the show/movie.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ha. I suppose that TSoM wouldn't exist in this alternate reality, so maybe R&H did crank out Edelweiss as a national anthem.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Sarge and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I just didn't associate it with TSoM; so I figured the mixture of German and English was more than appropriate for the setting.

Diggy likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just finished watching the finale of Season 2. I'll admit; with everything going on to this point, I wasn't sure if this would be the final season or if it would continue to another one. This has easily been the best series that I've seen since The Sopranos. The third season can't come soon enough.

redxavier likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Finally a series I actually care enough to watch will be coming back in October.

21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    My heart breaks as I thought Jedi Terminator returned.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I finally got around to effectively binge-watching through Season 3 of the series. I thought it was pretty well done. A handful of surprises up through the final episode. I guess I got some misinformation because I thought this was the final season; but it's obviously not because there's more story to tell (plenty of cliffhangers) and I read an article that they've already promised season 4 at SDCC. It might be another year or so, but I'm looking forward to it.

23. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I have been of very interested in World War 2 and I am been a fan of The man in the high castle which is alternate World War 2 show on Amazon prime. I thought I could start a thread based on Phlip Dicks novel. Unfortunately season 4 is the last of this year coming up. Its about what it might of been like if the Nazis and japan to become superpowers who won World War 2 and it's a tv drama.

Maybe we could get spin off tv shows based on the continuity of Man in the high castle. This thread can welcome other alternate World War 2 novels turned into movies and tv show too, if they decide not to do spin off shows of man in the high castle. And we can get both instead having to choose, then Great.

Wolfenstein is a welcome topic too since its Si Fi as well. Hopefully it can be made into a tv show as well.

We are living a Golden age of TV Streaming. Any thoughts on Man in the high castle?

EDIT: It looks like there is already another thread of man in the high castle , but I'm hoping we can merge it into that thread to talk other chances alternate world War 2 tv shows

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Looks like the new Teaser came out for Season 4, which will be the final one.