main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    He did that a while ago

[​IMG]

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Needless to say, but the Colts must feel deflated.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Whatever Irsay says, will never ever be as entertaining as Dan Gilbert's reaction to the Decision.

4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    LIVE LOOK IN AT THE IRSAY RESIDENCE
    [​IMG]

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I wonder if Irsay's twitter account has been locked from him yet?

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  7. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Kraft deserves to be kicked around with terrible Luck for awhile.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You guys realize McDaniels basically pulled a Belicheck? Only the Colts were the victims instead of the Jets.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I've been seeing videos and reports with reporters trying to talk to Wentz and Wentz sort of just waving them off, saying that "this was Nick's moment." So it's entirely possible that Wentz himself elected not to go up there so as to let Nick Foles fully have that moment as SB MVP and not be a distraction.

Oh and he (Wentz) also got engaged yesterday.

solojones and heels1785 like this.
  10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Juliet316

I wonder if Bob and Bill told him that he be next in line once Bill steps aside? Indy seemed like a really good fit especially since he and their GM Ballard are friends but Josh decided not to go. These jobs do not fall of trees. I guess his agent according to reports said he was making the biggest mistake of his career not going but JM wasn’t hearing it.

The fallout of this is going to be really interesting but right now Chris Ballard cannot think about that. He needs to find a HC ASAP. Personally I be calling Frank Reich right about now.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    McDaniels had already offered 3 assistant coaching jobs prior to backing out. That's trashy, and sucks for those guys.

Brady publicly supported Malcolm Butler yesterday, too, after Butler put out a statement denying any wrongdoing (missing curfew = wrongdoing lol) and apologizing for his postgame emotional language.

Guy put lots of work in for that defense over two years, didn't get paid much (context), and got benched for a Super Bowl. Awful treatment, and Belichick refusing to address it to hope it goes away just looks bad.

Frank Reich would fit perfectly with Andrew Luck. It'd suck for Philly, and douse any hopes I have of his replacing Andy Reid to groom our young QB, but he deserves the opportunity.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    It sucks for the Colts as they had already signed them, so they have jobs. Now the Colts have to find a coach who can't pick his own assistants. Trashy indeed.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, that.

cubman987 likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  15. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I’m so mad. So so mad. I didn’t like him as a pick in the first place after living in CO when he was with Denver and hearing some things, but this is beyond awful. What a way to sabotage a potential rival. That’s a new low for Belicheck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Regrettably what Josh did was 100% within his right. The Colts were beyond stupid sending out releases that McDaniels was their next head coach before he signed on the dotted line. The Bears did the same thing years ago (1999) when they announced Dave McGinnis as their next head coach and even schedule a press conference before realizing Dave decided against it and got on a plane back home. It eventually lead to the firing of Mike McCaskey as the team president and enter Sweaty Teddy Phillips who became the first non Halas/McCaskey to be team president. I don’t think will see the fallout from this in Indy be that huge but there will be some fallout.

As for Josh, his agent just severed ties with him. So he better hope to God that Kraft really wants him to be the next HC and will offer him the Pats top job once Bill finally steps down.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If there's one thing Bill Belichick's known for, it's loyalty.

Just ask Lawyer Milloy, Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, Richard Seymour, Randy Moss, Asante Samuel, Logan Mankins, The Law Firm BGE, and the newest member of the club, Malcolm Butler.

No way he'd dump Joshie's ass on the street if the offense falls off with its 41 year old quarterback next year. Or if he's late to a meeting or two. No way.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, he did take Josh back after he bombed in Denver.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That's the thing with the NFL, loyalty goes up, not down.

Jarvis Landry said it very simply recently:

" I feel like in the NFL, they preach loyalty and family and they have none for you."

LloydChristmas and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    There is no such thing as loyalty in business, and that is what sports are. Everyone always acts so surprised. You could work for a company for 20 years and they will lay you off at the drop of a hat if it suits them. It's no different in sports. A player will go where he's going to make the most, and execs are going to go with the players they can pay the least but have the most success, with some exceptions of course.
    Trust me, I hate it when Belichick refuses to pay up for guys, but no one should be surprised.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Chromide and Juliet316 like this.
  21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Of course. I've said the same many times, but there is a hypocrisy coming from the coaches and owners, and it's always the players who get killed for being "selfish", and never the coaches or owners.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'll be joining the 3 million on Broad Street tomorrow.

My advantage is that my former house is 1 block off Broad and the gals who used to rent my downstairs bought the house so we can always crash there. They just set up a room for an upcoming adoption so my daughter even gets to sleep in her old room.

Heading there tonight. Tomorrow should be bedlam.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    You guys should really google Mike Brown & Marvin Lewis sometime

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003