main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Nov 18, 2016.

1. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Would they avoid that because it'd be too similar to Elsa in Indiana Jones though which Kasdan also wrote? It also is pretty much a repeat of what happened with Bria Tharen....

2. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Regarding Bria Laren
    Han rescued her from a cult then with her help and others including Lando went back and raided the place only for her to betray Han and the others taking the loot for the Rebel Alliance.
    Later killed in the event we now call Rogue One (which was the role they gave to Jyn Erso) Boba Fett kept his word and told Han about her death so could contact her family with the news.

Not saying it isn't possible but there was another character who was I think was a Corporate Agent who helped Han during an adventure in the Corporate Sector who fits better.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  3. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I'd prefer if she betrays him rather than just die. It's more interesting that way. It doesn't have to be a proper "betrayal". She just chooses to join the Empire or something... But who am I kidding? She's going to die. The only reason why the entire Rogue One crew died was because "they weren't in the OT". Yeah, guys. The only explanation for that is death :rolleyes:

I do like the fact that they're childhood friends. That's very cute.

4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    The Rogue One crew died because the movie ends five minutes before ANH starts. This movie ends years before ANH.

wobbits likes this.
  5. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    If this turns into sequel territory I want her to survive to become a recurring character whether as a nemesis, rival but not just a potential love interest just not a member of the rebels!

Is it bad i'd like to see Han's adventures in the Corporate Sector?

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  6. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    But isn't she Rey's [CENSORED BY Lucasfilm Ltd]

Darth Smurf likes this.
  7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    BBM. Which article is that one in? I just read this one and it doesn't give off the romance angle as a definite.

https://screenrant.com/han-solo-movie-lando-qira-details/

8. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
  9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    My view is that they both meet at the Golden Dancer party.

Both are there to scam or just steal from... Paul Bettany?

So they meet up, and Qi'ra pretends to team up with Han, but she has her own plans to scam the scammer.

Baron_Papanerd and Jedi Jessy like this.
  11. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Or in this scene they will met Lando?

12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    A play similar to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels...?

Jedi Merkurian and GregMcP like this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Mixed messages from EW - they say he falls head over heels in love with her. AE says that they grew up together and she's a very important person in his life.

14. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    My guess is they grow up together, they fall in love as teenagers but they split due to circumstances and she rises up high in the galaxy. Then they reunite, they get back together but then she dies. Very similar to what happened to Bria and Han in the old EU (they were together as teenagers, she left him for 10 years and during that time became a high ranking Rebel, they reunited and got back together, and then she died).

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I figure they were both slum kids who were in love. She grew up and made good, while Han went to the academy and washed out. They'll be brought back together through the heist plot, most likely. I'd say her death is almost certain.

16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I like the "Bonnie and Clyde"ness of them being young criminal lovers, I like the Lando parallel with her moving up in the world while Han stays put or backslides into crime (a recurring theme throughout his life), I do not like the idea of fridging her to aid Han's character development. It's the kind of antiquated, sexist trope these new films ought to avoid. Of course, I agree it's almost definitely going to happen.

It's genuinely the one thing about the film I'm worried about, but hopefully they subvert my expectations and just have the two go their separate ways permanently. That would feel more honest, and it's a different kind of pain knowing someone you love (romantically or otherwise) is alive and out there and they want nothing to do with you, or the two of you are too different to be compatible any longer (romantically or otherwise), a kind of hurt that we don't see too often in movies like this.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yep, I agree with all of that.

18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Perhaps it will show why he was so attracted to Leia, as a direct contrast to her and his relationship with Qi-ra.

19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    BFFs until Han gets thrown into prison for five years, then he gets re-introduced to her by Beckett to find out she is a con-artist.

Either that or the secret that Qi'ra knows is that he is her brother [face_devil]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  20. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    I assumed Han's given the choice of either entering the academy and proving himself worthy of Ql'ra or continue being a street thief.
    He tries to prove himself but is dishonourably discharged because he is better than them when he protects Chewie throwing away his career protecting the Wookie all because of his foster mother having been a Wookie.
    They meet again she throws his past into his face, but this time he gets over her realising she was never the "one" he thought she was.
    She plays the entire group but Han & Chewie see through her managing to save Lando before he makes too much of a fool of himself.
    I still think she's an agent and is chasing Beckett.
    What if Han turns the tables on her giving her Beckett in return allowing them to walk away unmolested?

21. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    It’s not just the fridging though, it’s also that Han in ANH doesn’t come across as someone who had recently lost a woman he was madly in love with. On the contrary, he comes across as a carefree womanizer who never cared about anyone other than himself until he meets Leia and Luke.

He certainly doesn’t sound like he is grieving when he smugly asks Luke “What do you think? Do you think a princess and a guy like me…?”

22. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    It fit with the tone with the film. They've could've made them survive if they wanted to. Hera from Rebels is present during some events in the OT even through she wasn't on screen.

23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Baron_Papanerd and wobbits like this.
  24. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    This interview really seems to suggest she's more likely to betray him than get fridged. Hallelujah!

25. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Based on the interview, I'm guessing there's a 95% chance she stabs in the back for her own survival reasons and then dies. They really are repeating Bria Tharen from the old EU, down to the "teenage lovers reuniting as adults"! But I do like that they're made his LI in this movie so completely different from Leia background and personality wise. Plus there's never really been a major female character in SW who wasn't completely good and heroic, so I'm intrigued to see these shades of grey.