main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    If it will be the Old Republic movie series, i want to see them keeping an aesthetic shown in SWTOR cinematic trailers. Jedi and Sith wearing armor, energy shields, maybe even speeder-riders like those from non-canon TCW series to give it more "dark age" vibe, tweaked design of ships and architecture.

As for the story i won't care if they won't follow KOTOR or SWTOR stories. I would watch any story they will create for the Old Republic era if it will be well written great and epic story, with well written characters.

2. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    It goes a bit beyond that, but it's all on GRRM, as he seems to have a fascination with the concept, not B&W. It will definitely not be explored in SW.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I know their movies don't have to be Space Game of Thrones, but I like the idea of rivalries between families and their associated planets.
    They don't have to get into the heavy sexual content, but you can give the families eccentricities and complex relationships.

4. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Not quite sure I understand the whole "these artists worked on that, so everything else they do will be like that". Writers are able to speak with many voices and tend to be interested in different things.

Me neither. (I understand you to mean the general feel rather than literal sandals).

Perhaps my main objection to the KOTOR concept is that it usually dictates lots of Jedi and Sith running around and a battle between these two groups. That grand and mythical conflict doesn't really interest me that much. Even the idea of the first Jedi who eventually split into two ideological enemies - well you've now just told that story. Further, I feel the more I know about these guys the less interesting they become. I wasn't a fan of the demystification of the Jedi in the PT and fear that we'd continue along that line. I like them being somewhat undefined.

I've always preferred the science fiction side of Star Wars over the fantasy side too.

That said, a Seven Samurai story, several Jedi knights stepping in to help defend some aliens on a new planet something like 50 years before TPM would be a dream movie. Ironic no, I want to see a Battle Beyond the Stars Star Wars!

Jedi Merkurian and Satipo like this.
  5. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    This is played out in Knight Errant and could be a good time setting for the films with all its sith warlords. Just not sure how well that book or comic series did but I loved it, bonus points for a strong kickass female protagonist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You know that TCW is canon right?

7. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    I think I need to do a binge watch of GoT. Haven't seen an episode. Not that these films will resemble Game of Thrones.

8. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    The first season is pretty stunning. Binge that. Be aware that it is really, shockingly, heavy on the sex and violence. It set a tone that made Westworld possible, for example. If that's not your thing, maybe it's not for you.

Jedi Merkurian , Yora and kalzeth like this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If there movies include a chariot with a robot horse I’m out! :p

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  10. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    You kidding me? I want that now!

11. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Disney know that SW appeals to adults as much as kids. R1 was a step towards making more "mature" SW films with no bumbling Imperials or BB8 antics. It's possible that this series of films will be geared towards an older demographic with a tone similar to R1. After all, it's the older fans who have the £££s and $$$s to spend on multiple cinema viewings and merchandise. It's a sensible business model. The saga films are for everyone, but these new series of films may be targeted at specific parts of the SW demographic.

TX-20, laurethiel1138 and kalzeth like this.
  12. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Ha. Nope not kidding.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Whether or not it skews towards a more mature audience, it's pretty much certain it won't be R-rated, since I've seen that idea tossed around more than a few times. Pablo Hidalgo had a nice laugh at the absurdity of that prospect almost immediately after the announcement.

14. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    But if that will be the case, it will still be labeled as "GoT in space", even without edgy content.

kalzeth and GregMcP like this.
  15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I think we're going to see the time when these statues and temples were new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Yep, a month or two back, Pablo said that R1 was about as dark and gritty as Star Wars is ever likely to be, which puts any fears about Lucasfilm suddenly developing an R rated movie into context.

17. n8storm

n8storm Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    I'm more excited for this than the Rian movies. I know they'd probably never do it, but I wouldn't mind an R rated Star Wars flick.

TX-20, Palp_Faction and kalzeth like this.
  18. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Agreed 100 percent. I would love r rated but unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Such a beautiful shot. How that shot didn't turn up in the finished film, I'll never know. Preposterous decision.

Baron_Papanerd, Avnar and Lost_Hope like this.
  20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    LOL. That's odd; I remember seeing that Shot in the movie. :confused: 8-}

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I hope they are re-making the PT! A different take would be very cool :cool:

22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    If Alden is contracted for three Star Wars films, it's possible he could appear as a supporting character in CT era films, perhaps after ROTJ?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Umm, its not. Really. That specific shot is in the trailer, but not the finished film.

24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Also togas. No togas please.

25. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    Well I mean there's the Clone Wars show that was made by the people that made Samurai Jack (the 2D one). I don't think that show is canon and perhaps that's what they mean?

Even if that specific shot isn't in the finished movie, we still see the ruins of giant Jedi statues on Jedha. So safe to say, canonically, there was some kind of big Jedi presence there that could be used in a future film.

I, for one, am really curious as to how the Jedi Order started on Ahch-To. The island seems fairly barren, surely they must have come to Ahch-To from somewhere else, I would think? Though I guess the phrasing is that it's the place of the first Jedi Temple not necessarily the place the Jedi Order began. I'd like some hints to the origins of the Jedi in their past in these new trilogies.

I'm saddened to hear that Rian Johnson isn't going to make an Old Republic trilogy, but I really liked his direction in the Last Jedi, so I'm open to seeing what he does going forward. I really hope that the GoT dudes go the Old Republic route, or at least I hope Disney will explore it with a TV show or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.