main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Nov 18, 2016.

1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    If it is death and not betrayal, I am chalking that up to the time jump between this and ANH. 5 years. And grief is expressed differently in different people.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Ithorians likes this.
  2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    She could survive, I think, if she does something unforgivable enough to Han for him to want to erase her from his life. If she is portrayed as a social climber that ends up a minor player in the Imperial Court by betraying every single person she ever knew (Han first and foremost, obviously) the character could avoid the grim fate that seems the obvious choice for her...

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If she survives what movie would she appear next in?

4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    She may not need to. If her character betrays Han, then she technically doesn't have to show up in a follow up film.

5. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Oh I know but it could be cool to see these new characters appear in more than one movie.

6. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    In A Princess, a Smuggler and a Farmboy (a canon book about ANH told from the POV of Luke, Han and Leia) Han definitely doesn't appear to be mourning any past love, he's basically a carefree womanizer with a woman in every port. But he does tell Chewie if he ever meets a woman worthy he'd be willing to settle down.

But even if she betrays him/dies, he's probably over it by ANH which is 5 years later but it's made him more cynical and distrustful of people in general.

I'm surprised Emilia gave away so much because the feeling I get from that interview is that the movie absolutely ends with her betraying him someway as part of her social climbing/survival where she'll backstab him to get to the top for her survival.

Miriedis and wobbits like this.
  7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah none of that please.

8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    This is nothing against her character but more of a scene prediction that I hope I am wrong about...

I really hope we don't another "female is about to be beaten up... male goes to step in and help... female takes out all assailants... male not needed... male looks surprised... " scene. It is sooo over done at the moment!! We get it!! [face_peace]

9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    She doesn't look like the fighting type, she doesn't even tote a blaster.

10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Doesn't she have one in her character poster?

I hope I am wrong but I am pretty confident we will get a scene like this... They are in almost every action film nowadays! It's not the content of the scene that bothers me - It's the over-use of it!

TFA - Finn goes to step in and help Rey
    RO - Cassian goes to step in and help Jyn
    etc etc

11. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Oh! That's Qi'ra? Thought it was Annie Oakley....

12. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    So, could this be a flashback? Pretty sure that's Corellia. Qi'ra has shorter hair and not very fancy clothes. Could be from before she left.
    [​IMG]

13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Either that or that scene takes place at the beginning of the movie and then there’s a time jump. I’m thinking the latter.

14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Yeah, that’s what I meant. Wouldn’t be opposed to a big “SIX YEARS LATER” text popping up on the screen either, real talk.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  15. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Same here.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If there is a time gap - will the "Ten years ago" timeframe apply to the beginning of the story, or the end?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The five or six year gap is probably when Han and Chewie are imprisoned on Kessel. Plenty of time for Han to learn Wookiee....

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  18. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Anthony Breznican tweeted today that Qi'Ra is similar to Estella from Great Expectations, so I'm predicting she's not a very good person (not evil, just out for her own gain) who stabs Han in the back and breaks his heart.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's gonna be gutwrenching when the film makes us fond of her character and then we have to watch as she is transformed into Bib Fortuna in the third act.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I think that's from the beginning of the film. Han will probably be around 18 when this takes place. Then there's probably a six or so year time jump to when he's 24. My question is does he flunk out of the Imperial Academy before or after this? I assumed it was after but perhaps the film begins with him joining up then flunking out and becoming an illegal street racer.

In the scene that I'm currently using as my avatar Han kinda looks like he's just gotten the **** kicked out of him. Speculation... perhaps these illegal races are supposed to be fixed but Han doesn't listen and wins when he was supposed to lose. Whoever tried to fix the race then sends thugs to give Han a beating. Then either Han is forced to work for these criminals to make up the debt or maybe he impresses them somehow and they allow him to. Either way he's introduced to the local criminal element which eventually leads to his arrest by Imperial forces who send him to the spice mines of Kessel.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  21. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Or his time in the Imperial Academy, just saying...

22. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah, I think the speeder chase on Corellia is much earlier. Then there's a time jump before they meet again, at which point, she's become part of Dryden Vos' circle.

TK327 likes this.
  23. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005
    Why is it that Emilia Clarke looks super glam, and gets a cool cape, and adorable bangs, while for Daisy Ridley it's like, "Hey, look how I made some gloves out of the gauze I found in the waste disposal box behind the doctor's office?"

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  24. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Um, maybe because Rey is barely scraping by living as a scavenger in the middle of nowhere (and it has been just a few days since she left Jakku even by the end of TLJ), while Qi'ra is a criminal living on a highly developed world?

Rey's entire life hinged on Unkar Plutt arbitrarily setting prices for whatever she brought to him. She, and everyone else around, was getting exploited by him.

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Also Qi'Ra seems like she is an ambitious social climber, and dressing up nice to hobnob with "high society" could play into that.