main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek Medical mayhem, prompt challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I really liked these two glances at training! Yikes, how rigorous. But, underneath their barbs, Nick and Kyle are whipping up a fine batch of recruits. It's tough love, but it's love. Excellent work. =D=

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Ny is in the next one too
    They are but now they are to visit a museum where I have been in 2000

Intrepid

“Look at that,” McCoy tugged at the sleeve of Nick.

“I told you it would be interesting to spend a few days of your shore-leave on this trip to New York,” Nick grinned. “The Intrepid sea, air and space museum is worth it. Yes that Enterprise is just one of the many getting a famous name. The first nuclear aircraft carrier was an ‘Enterprise’ and the first spaceshuttle too.” He felt another tug and looked left.

“Dad,” Jessy asked “how many ships were named Enterprise?”

“I don’t know but you can ask him,” Nick replied. “Spock is there and no doubt explaining in great detail all about that Enterprise space shuttle.”

Great and they have chocolate too,” Jessy sped to where Spock and Uhura were standing. The latter was nibbling on a delicious looking candy-bar.

“Chocolate,” McCoy grumbled “bad for your teeth and belly. Let’s get something decent to eat. I want to see more of the Intrepid.”

“My idea too,” Kyle joined the two.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super use of Intrepid and yes chocolate -a must have on any occasion [face_laugh] Another indication if needed of Nyota's unquestioned great taste [face_love]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    another go at Intrepid

Intrepid

“That was nice,” Nick wiped his mouth. “And that had me remembering my training.” He pointed at the candy-bar.

“A training for what?” Uhura asked. She had retrieved the candy-bar from her bag, put there after Spock, McCoy and Nick and his daughter had led her to the restaurant on the hangar-deck of the Intrepid.

“The famous or infamous Federation SEAL training,” Nick answered. “We had a balanced diet to enable us to face the hazards of that training. Hell-week is still there and you need a lot of stuff to keep you going.” He began to grin “no meat with four-feet for us but lots of fish, two-legged meat, eggs, veggies and fruits and slow carbohydrates.” He pauzed and laughed “there were the guys who were in second or third phase keeping an eye on us; the guys suffering Hell-week. They sneaked those candy-bars to our IBS or whatever we were doing when the instructors didn’t look. We loved them.”

“And the instructors didn’t know?” Spock raised one eyebrow.

“I think they did,” Nick grinned.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Amusing details of what the instructors knew but allowed [face_shhh]

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm continuing to love the world you're exploring for your OCs! And what a great way to use the same prompt in so many ways. You're continuing to do a fantastic job with these. =D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    it's been some time but here is the next one using a MMM prompt "Warm"

Warm

“Brrrrr, brrrrr, brrrrrrrrrrrr.”

“They are cold Nick.”

“Sure. And they know.”

“Get them out before they get hypothermic.”

“Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.”

“I can use my medical overri…”

“No Len.”

“Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”

“It’s enough! Get them some warm drinks before…”

“Three, two, one. It is time. Ladies! End of evolution. Out of the surf! Get sandy and wait at the grinder for instructions from instructor Crisson.” Nick waited and added with a smile on his face “A warm shower and hot chocolate are his to give. And don’t thank the doctor for this. He is just a grumpy old country-doctor with nice bedside-manners.”

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] A very accurate description of Len & nothing is better than hot chocolate to warm up with.

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    It's great to see these back! Nick is quite the strict instructor, but he knows just how to warm his trainees up in the end. A rather fitting ficlet for the days turning cold. Hot chocolate is always just the thing! [face_love]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and leading to
    sure and the next prompt continues the story

As good as new

“Grumpy old country doctor,” McCoy began to smile. “I have heard that two days ago when I was visiting Jim, Audrey and their kids. Jim welcomed me with that and directed me to the living-room where a very comfortable couch invited me to sit down. And that couch was the beginning of some repair-work for me.”

“In what way,” Nick began to walk towards the sloping dunes.

“Skylar had plopped on that couch after an exhilarating run with his sisters and in doing so he sat down on the one item that didn’t agree with plopping on a couch.”

“Your le,” Nick began.

“No,” McCoy interrupted. “It was a for Jim essential item to read.”

“His glasses I suppose,” Nick grinned.

“Yes,” McCoy nodded “Jim and his old-fashioned ideas. You and I respected his ideas but you should have heard the top medical this and that at headquarters about not wanting to have corrective eye-surgery. Skylar felt the thing and jumped up expecting a lecture. Jim began to shake his head but saw me retrieving the mangled glasses and said ‘he is a doctor and more. I once have seen him laying bricks on an injured Horta.’ Skylar was relieved and started to ask about the Horta. Jim told about that adventure and I went to work. After some bending and tinkering I could produce the glasses as good as new. That was what Jim said after I gave them to him.”

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super fun with Len visiting Jim and his family. Happy he could fix the glasses. [face_relieved]

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! What a great moment for this beautifully extended family. And a great way to use the prompt. [face_love] =D=

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and got something
    and more with

Candles

“And he gave me this,” McCoy rummaged in his bag and produced two candles.

“For a romantic evening,” Nick eyed the two white objects and gave a wink with his left eye.

“Not for me. I am just a grumpy old country-doctor. You can have them.” He held them out for Nick to grab. “And if not I have another very romantic couple in mind.”

“Uhura and Spock,” Nick began to nod. “They are the ones. Visit them. But first come with me to the grinder.”

“Ah yes,” McCoy began to laugh. “Instructor Crisson sure has some of that famous chocolate for me.”

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A perfect choice for the candles and yay for freshly made chocolate. :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw, McCoy, don't give up on candles in your future just yet! But I adored the bantering between friends here, and the fantastic application of the prompt. =D=

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    chocolate can be a no
    continuing with the banter in

Crucible

“I am sure you remember that ensign that loved chocolate,” McCoy stuffed the package of chocolate-mix in his back-pack.

Kyle began to nod and Nick had a thoughtful look on his face.

“That redshirt I had to treat,” McCoy continued. “She failed her annual check-up exam because she was…”

“A chocolate-lover despite your arguing with her that eating and drinking too much could get her transferred to a desk-job,” Nick concluded. “For her it was a crucible when you had her on that diet to get her back in shape for her second try at the exam.”

“She failed and left the Enterprise,” Kyle said. “I saw her again when I was on trial for speaking out about the Iriona II mission. She had a desk-job at headquarters and was being treated for extreme obesity after being diagnosed with diabetes.”

“Spock will remember her,” McCoy said. “I can tell him about her. But for him and Nyota no chocolate is a no.”

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL :p =D= Great use of the prompt

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    more chocolate in

Monument

Nick Roberts and Kyle Crisson and their families and friends were in the Navy SEAL Museum in Florida.

Isabeau and Teri had wandered towards the UDT-SEAL Memorial.

“Look Roberts. Your husband had a SEAL among his ancestors.”

“I don’t think so. Roberts is a very common name. This was a young man when he died in Afghanistan. And here is Kyle used as a surname.”

“He was a famous sniper.”

Nick – hearing the last comment from his daughter Jessy – came towards the monument with Kyle and faced the granite wall. They saluted and were silent for a few minutes.

The silence was broken when Jessy asked “are there more SEAL-monuments?”

“There are,” Nick saw McCoy coming to the memorial and continued “they are in the home-towns.”

“And we don’t want to cross the entire continent to visit them all,” McCoy said.

“We have used the flyer to come here. That takes a lot of time,” Jessy smiled getting a very determined look on her young face. “We can use the transp.”

“By the way this is a very nice museum,” McCoy interrupted.

“You have your communicator,” Jessy pointed at McCoy.

“And I am thirsty,” McCoy began to walk with Nick and Kyle towards a sign showing directions in the museum. The three men didn’t want to use the transporter at all and were followed by the women.

Nick voiced it when his daughter tugged at his sleeve. “Jessy no atom-scrambling transporters for me and…”

“I hate the thing,” McCoy entered the restaurant and headed to a counter with pastries and drinks. “This is more to our liking. Look a chocolate pie that’s having your name.”

“Nyota should have seen this,” Jessy took the pie. “Dad, McCoy can use his communicator to call her. She can use the transporter to come here and…”

“Latte machiatto for me and hot chocolate for her,” Nick interrupted his daughter.

“Espresso,” Kyle continued. “And we have to head back soon. I have rented the flyer for just one day.”

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    These continue to be wonderful responses to the prompts. :) =D=

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and with a continuing story

When I grow up

“When I grow up I want to be a Starfleet admiral,” Jessy slid into the backseat of the flyer with her mother and Isabeau Crisson. “That way I can use a transporter and avoid being stuffed into this stupid flying thing.”

“Jessy,” Nick – in one of the three front-seats next to Kyle who was behind the controls and waiting for the last passenger to enter the flyer – turned his head “last time I heard you wanted to become a surgeon and a Federation SEAL.”

“Or a language expert,” Teri added “Nyota Uhura was your role-model.”

“Uhura can become an admiral,” Jessy crossed her arms. “And Jim Kirk was an admiral.”

“But he resigned,” McCoy had his hand on the door of the flyer. “Admirals carry a lot of responsibilities and” he gave a wink with his left eye “they ride desks most of the time in a large office, don’t exercise that much and have to visit their doctor often.” With that said he settled next to Nick. “Time to go home, I have to visit an ex-admiral.”

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jessy wants to use the transporter in "Monument", but the guys are totally ignoring that suggestion.
    Nice way to wrap up a tour, eating yummy pastries and getting great drinks. Then in "When I Grow Up" , it's only natural Jessy would discuss her eventual career and [face_mischief] it seems to change quite often.

She has a broad range of choices open. [face_thinking]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw, I loved this! Jessy certainly has lots of options for her future - good options - and wonderful people standing by her to support her. [face_love]

=D=

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Maybe another option if she hears about this

Slam Dunk

Accusing, red, round, enhanced by the red rays of the setting sun was the object. It was a basketball lying in the middle of the grinder. And the trainee responsible for that ball was nursing his hand and giving shy humble looks to the other trainees and the man standing before him.

“What were you trying?” Nick Roberts asked in a neutral tone.

“Uh, you know.”

“Your name is James Robinson,” Nick took the hand in his hands and began to examine it. “Nate Robinson was one of your ancestors.”

“You have heard of him,” James began to smile.

“Yes,” Nick grinned. “On the Enterprise we had a sports-instructor who liked to give us history-lessons and had us hooked on watching the old NBA recordings. Nate Robinson was famous for his slam dunk. And when I heard that cry and saw that ball flying through the air I hurried outside.”

“To here where I was trying to demonstrate oww,” James gave a soft cry.

“I will give you an ice-pack,” Nick began to guide the trainee to the building. “No more training for you today but tomorrow?”

“Back for getting wet and sandy,” James nodded.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice use of "slam dunk". =D=

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw, poor James! It looks like he was trying to live up to his name as best he could, though. :p

Wonderful use of the prompt! =D=