main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Before - Legends Team guy (for the DDC2018)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2018.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Team guy

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: legends
    Character: Steve Magaron
    Genre: diary
    Summary: Steve Magaron writes a diary and meets interesting Corellians like Nejaa Halcyon and Rostek Horn

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Entry 1

I don’t like them. They are a nuisance to honest guys rushing to an emergency in the wilderness near Kerala.

Kerala? Ah, let me introduce myself. I am Steve Magaron and one of the team guys of the special ops department of the Kerala police. We do the things the town-cops cannot do. One of those is investigating and that’s the one that got me where I am now and that’s in a bed. I have to stop. The green guy – having me to begin this writing – is coming.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Vague, but nice beginnings.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Steve will have interesting encounters and adventures.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  4. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Interesting introduction, I look forward to reading more.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He will reveal more in the next entry of his diary

Entry 2

Master healer Tarmenel Eled-Hir is the green guy and very respected by all including me. He is the leader of the healers-academy and teaches. He saw my first entry in this diary and asked me to write about the previous 19 jobs and my youth. He is curious why a guy like me has so many jobs in only 215 years. Yes I am a Dunai elder and 244 years old and that’s young for one of my species.

Eled-Hir was here for inspecting my bandages and for the first lesson in shielding. He treated me after the nuisance named Stagala injured me. A Stagala is a large hairy animal rumbling on four legs and wrecking things when searching for food. Food was abundant on farmer Massi’s place and the critter had wrecked a fence leaving footprints. Massi knew it was a Stagala. We were called to investigate and had to take a winding road to the farm. A Stagala was on that road. We tried to inch past it but the critter shoved our patrol down the incline, trapping me in the wreck and throwing Officer Ron Er-Hajin clear. Ron came away from the crash with only a few bruises and called for help.

I was medevaced to Eled-Hir’s place. And being on the treatment-table was frightening when I saw the healer getting a far away look on his face before I fainted. ‘Darrin dark’ were the first words uttered by Eled-Hir when I regained consciousness. He had managed to use his powers to shield, had bandaged my ribs and treated the bruises and whatever and told me to stay at his place for a month.

A month yes and that’s because he is teaching me to shield. Something awful has happened in the galaxy. Eled-Hir told me – before beginning his lesson – that the planet Kreyfon is destroyed by some darrin dark mayhem. To feel that amount of destruction is terrifying. I learned how to shield during my days at school and at the academy but Eled-Hir told me there are more advanced ways of shielding. ‘You will need that because the galaxy is changing,’ was what he said. And he will tell the leaders of the Dunai elder that lessons in advanced shielding are important for all of us.

Ron Er-Hajin visited me today to see how I was doing and he will start to follow lessons in shielding as well.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Stagala are fierce critters ;) [face_laugh] Glad the lessons will be given in advanced shielding particularly if crises are occurring in many places. [face_thinking]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Today I have some time for reading! So I found this. But I cannot promise to be as regular as I used to.

DarthUncle needs me to be fully functional around the place again, I have a new and important position in my current work place. Plus my mother cannot manage all the work in the flat, the garden and the ski club house. Even though she denies it.

So my posts might be as brief as Steve diary contributions. And even more irregular.

When a parent dies hobbies become less important...

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I just found this. I like Steve already. Even after 244 years you can always learn something new. :p

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and big crises are coming
    Same with moving. I will be quite busy moving my mom in the coming weeks
    he will need it

Entry 3

I was born in Noranan on the continent of Monira where my parents still live in a cottage near fire-station 4. Yes my dad is a fire-fighter. At school I had a lot of friends. Two of them were Ivano Arvedai and Jihan Eled-Non. They liked to visit with me station 4 when my father was having his shift. And it was no wonder that they went to the fire-fighter academy in Monir. I was more in the investigating-things stuff and loved to see the police in action and working together with the firefighters.

I enrolled into the police-academy in Monir. Being there I could keep in touch with Ivano and Jihan and plan nice things for boring teachers. We had done that from our days starting in elementary school. The three of us stayed a team. I was there for Ivano and Jihan when Jihan died in a Monir-hospital from a devastating disease. I was a team-guy for Ivano and his friends from his academy. And that’s where the title for this diary is coming from. In my previous job and my current job you have to be a team-guy.

I graduated nine days before my 29th birthday and was the next day a fresh recruit in Monir.

I became a junior officer and went to Moneyna, Hanada, Ronvara, Rala and Karana before coming back to Hanada as an officer in only seven years. Juniors have to do that to get experience. More job-hopping followed with Shafinas, Karana, Monir, Moneyna, Rala, Ronvara, Mirina, Denvin, Rhonda before settling for some years in Monir as a senior officer. I began my training for special ops when I was first officer in Moneyna and moved to Rondor after my graduation to be near my parents. Mom didn’t like my job-hopping and moving to all the four continents at all. But I didn’t like my colleagues that much in Rondor. They are not what you expect as team-guys and were trying to please the senior and get the better jobs. I saw an opportunity and moved to Kerala.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very realistic as to how to gain experience and that he was fascinated by a particular line of work from a young age. Being a team player is always better than pushing and stepping on others to get ahead. That kind of behavior, the team kind, is appreciated by superiors of the right type as well. :D It also leads to higher survivorship of those the team is working to protect as well as the colleagues. [face_thinking]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes and here is the next entry

Entry 4

Yesterday I was released from Eled-Hir’s care. He began to laugh when he saw the previous entries with me calling him green guy in the first two. He is mostly dressed in green scrubs. I told him about more about my jobs. Sometimes that was meeting green guys in hospitals and morgues.

Eled-Hir told me about a meeting with a really green guy almost 300 years ago. He was on a trip to get supplies and saw in Rondor a crying infant in a stroller being checked by a little green being with large ears and some fluffy white hair. Eled-Hir offered his assistance. The being introduced himself as Yoda and told Eled-Hir that he was taking the infant Fay Ere-Dun to the Jeditemple on Coruscant. He told more about the earthquake killing her parents. ‘Famous Jedi-knight she will become’ was what Yoda said when he said goodbye to Eled-Hir. Eled-Hir saw Yoda with a thoughtful look on his face guiding the stroller into his transport.

‘Maybe Yoda sensed the coming dark times,’ was what Eled-Hir said. ‘I am glad you are now able to shield and keep the nasty Sithly things away.’

Ron was there to get me back to my cottage. He told me about his lessons and has heard more from colleagues and relatives sensing a great mayhem. About four millennia and 1000 years ago the Dunai elder sensed trouble too. And that came from Sith and Jedi fighting for dominance. Ron mentioned Revan, a Jedi turned back to the light side and fighting his former apprentice known as Darth Malak.

I remember our teacher telling us about the exile and his trouble. Marhin Aaquila stayed shunned by the Jedi after defeating the Sith at Malachor and came in the Ebon Hawk to Moniron with his friend Atton Rand. The ship crashed. The two were rescued by Dunai elder. Marhin and Atton stayed on Moniron and married.

The seventh battle of Ruusan where armies of Jedi and Sith were destroyed was another dark mayhem sensed by the Dunai elder.

Eled-Hir told me before I left that he senses that the Sith are still there and that there is more. ‘Ancient evil coming from places where light cannot escape’ were his words.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating and concise history of the rise and then vanquishment of Sith perils

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    some history yes

Entry 5

Busy, busy, busy. No time to write in my diary for more than 41 years. Yeah that’s a long time, very long but with the diary going AWOL for almost 40 years I gave it no thought until Ron began to clear his locker. The diary – stuffed in the upper compartment – had made its way into Ron’s locker. And Ron had used his upper compartment for things not needed at all. With Ron as my partner the work in Kerala was interesting and often very funny. But months ago Ron has been promoted by police central command and is now senior officer in Monir.

That had me with a new partner, questioning every op and being quite annoying and no need to write about that in my diary. I tried for months to get used to her but a meeting during a lecture-trip to a resort in Haradan had me meeting an officer working in that city.

I liked what he was telling me, applied for the job and now I am a special ops officer in Haradan. Haradan police had even a nice rental appartment for me. In the past weeks I have decorated it a bit. I have to go and make some caf. The team likes the way I brew the caf.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Going from a nice partner in Ron to a one hard to get along with. :p Now sounds like he's got a nice fit work-wise. Gonna be settled in for quite the while. A 41-year lapse -- whew. ;)

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes but see what happens next

Entry 6

Oops job number 21 will be history soon. Internal affairs are investigating the last op.

The dealings of real-estate manager and factory-owner Donaldo Eurlo were under scrutiny from the Haradan police before I joined the force. A major break-through came yesterday when one of our informers mentioned the Eurlo-building as a place where a weapons-deal was to be made.

I had a bad feeling when we left this morning to go to the Eurlo-building. Doors were closed. I – as leading officer – decided to force an entrance with explosives. I shouldn’t have done that. I activated the charge and the small explosion started a chain-reaction. The entire building was demolished and a blazing fire left only small chunks of rubble. The destruction of the building had the investigators without any evidence to put Donaldo Eurlo behind bars. The creep even left Moniron. I have to stop.

Second entry: I am fired. I have to leave my rental appartment and with nowhere to go I am going to my parents in Monir.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: Devastating to the investigation and it turned his career upside down; those higher up and lower down in the command structure will have to learn to trust his judgment calls again. [face_worried] =D=

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow so many wonderful updates within such a short range of time! I envy you for the time and muse you have. Some updates are funny, others dark and threatening and then there are those who entertain us with historical facts. :D

18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Entry 4: The history of conflict in the Star Wars Universe is long and painful. A ton of stories there.

Entry 5: Life moves on and caf is always needed. :p

Entry 6: Shame about the firing, jumping head first into something like that is something I know all too well.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Where will he end up?
    he has seen and heard a lot
    And some of my former buddies did that too

Entry 7

I am sitting on a crate in the main hold of a freighter writing this. After I was fired I went to Monir to see my parents and tell them that I wanted to see more in the galaxy.

Father Kiran didn’t like it, mom Leda was even desperate but dad began with ‘Steve, I don’t like it at all and your mother even less. But try to make something of your new job and return when the dark is rising.’ Those were his exact words. He told me about the advanced shielding lessons all Dunai and Dunai elder fire-fighters were required to attend when his chief came with a message from leader Jasir Ere-Dun. Dad – as a man with numerous previous jobs – went with his chief to visit the stations to tell about the lessons.

And that had me giving him a caustic reply ‘You weren’t known for keeping your jobs very long.’

Dad began to stare with his prying sky-blue eyes until I told him that I was leaving Moniron.

Dad left saying ‘Do what you have to but remember.’

I shouldn’t have given him that reply about his numerous jobs. He had those because he was promoted each time he got a new one.

I will remember what dad told me about the dark. Now I have to find some cosy place to sleep.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
  21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Is the father warning the son about sins from his past? [face_thinking]

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intense and defensive style conversation between father and son; a timely warning but I can imagine Steve is feeling touchy still about the loss of his job especially if /since he wasn't at fault as far as incompetent just a victim of things beyond his control/outside his knowledge. [face_thinking]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sure and he will remember
    no
    Steve sure is but he will find his way

Entry 8

The freighter captain – a friendly human from Corellia – saw me spreading some blankets in a corner between two crates when he was getting something to eat and drink for his pilot. He offered me a better place to sleep. I followed him, carrying a plate with delicious looking sandwiches. The place to sleep was near the cockpit and before entering the small cabin with a bunk I brought the plate to the pilot.

He offered me to take a seat when he saw my looks. I have never been in space and was mesmerised by the streaks of light passing the windows. Munching on his sandwich and sipping from the caf he told me about the difficulty to reach and depart Moniron. ‘We had to overhaul the engines because of that nebula. It cost us but the products from Moniron are wanted, especially the molonin wool. We can sell those at high prizes.’

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice to read about the wonder of first-time star-travel. :cool: The existence of the nebula keeps the world safe from conquest or even notice. You have to be determined to "find it" in order to return.

25. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    It must be an incredible thing to see hyperspace for the first time.