main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Check out the map in this thread: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-force-awakens-planets-a-guide.50038394/
    Here is a map of the Outer Rim in detail: http://www.starwars.com/news/essential-atlas-outer-rim-sectors

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    All too small. :( I have the older maps in OK sizes, but I don't know what to pick.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Do we know who has that sector in later 5 ABY, given that it was very, very pro-Empire?

Spuma and Brintooin seem nice. :)

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, the Wook is vague re: NuCanon. Legends has it going Republic & reverting back to Empire. But if it was strongly pro-Empire, I'd say that 5 ABY, it's probably either Imperial Warlords or still part of the Remnant. So if you want to keep it Imperial, why not use it?

6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe Cmaoli Di is a beter suggestion, it's the Brema sector, (the same as Sullust, which was libirated by 5 ABY) along the Hydian Way, which means that you pass it on the way to Bespin from Naboo if you take the quickes hyperlane path. There is nearly nothing on it so you can creat what ever you need.

If you want I can do my stuff and create some fanon regarding it that you can use or use as inspiration.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    At that point, the Empire probably has bigger concerns than their Scarlet List. They might be able to pass through relatively unnoticed. Or were they actually going to perform there?

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'll consider this planet, too. :)

Perhaps do a promotional interview or two, but not perform. The band on the banned list is deffo not going there.

10. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    As a spin off of the discussions of the potential Kenobi film I'm trying to write my own twist of the "what did Kenobi do while waiting for Luke to grow up" story. Or at least a part of that story. But first of all the poor guy needs to settle down in his new home.

Does anyone know if there's an official name of the mountains where Old Ben had his home? I tried to search Wookieepedia but didn't find anything. I can of course invent a name, but I'd like to use the right one if such thing exists.

11. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
  12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  13. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Thanks, I've already asked the mod to place my question somewhere in an existing thread. I realized that it wasn't really good having it as a stand alone thread. Will check out the threads mentioned. It may be difficult to find in a thread that's more than 200 pages long though.

14. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    Findswoman likes this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    @Kurisan - Do you really, really, really think that I did not consider this at some point? :p I wanted a nice and lesser known place.

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think you will have to make a side track if you are travelling from Naboo to Bespin to visit Sullust using the normal hyperlanes

17. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Don't worry, you are among friends.

We are not all psychics.

Gamiel likes this.
  19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Does anyone remember the exact wording of Luke's answer to Leia when she says "my son is gone" at the end of TLJ? I think it's "no one's ever really gone", but I'm not entirely sure.

Findswoman likes this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Darn, should've put a smiley up there. @Kurisan, I hope that my weird sense of humour didn't freak you out. I already had a situation about a week ago when somebody didn't know that I was joking. [face_monkey][face_blush]

@Gamiel, I thiiiink my head is spinning now. Must.invent.a.believable.route. [face_relieved]

Just checked, it's that. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Here: Naboo > Enarc Run > Triellus Trade Run > Hydian Way > Nothoiin Corridor > Corellian Trade Spin > Ison Corridor > Bespin
    I got that route by looking at this fan-mede Interactive map of the Galaxy

22. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Hmm, could be. It's just that I imagine the Great Mesra Plateau more like a, well, plateau than the mountain area we can see old Ben living in in ANH. I can always invent a name for that particular mountain area, I just don't want to collide with an existing well known name.

23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    But I need Bespin to Roon.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh, my mistake, then you take: Bespin > Ison Corridor > Corellian Trade Spin > Nothoiin Corridor > Hydian Way > Triellus Trade Run > take a turn somewhere between Koiogra and Molavar (since there is no named route between the Triellus Trade Run and Roon) > Roon

(if we go by the Interactive map of the Galaxy)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks. I shall look at that. :)

And that's a weird map - shows only four systems in the Corellian Sector - Corellia, Sacorria, Nubia and Goorla.