main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Unsure. I hope it's IA-style battles like the old games. At the very least, comparable to the limited "skirmish" offerings they added into BF2015.

I don't like the 10 v 10 custom arcade much, and "onslaught" even less. Although having all of the map options will be a positive step - only if we'll get to play them beyond a tiny section.

Deliveranze likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Have they announced anything related to DLC 2?

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Not that I know of. Some vague patch 1.2 notes released tonight, though.
    • Our limited time Jetpack Cargo mode arrives
    • Arcade Updates (AI updates and more)
    • Heroes & Villains Balancing (Boba Fett, Palpatine, Iden, Rey, Bossk, Kylo Ren, Luke, Chewbacca, Yoda, Lando, Darth Vader & Captain Phasma all see either, nerfs, buffs and tweaks)
    • Classes, Reinforcements & Core Combat (Dodge updates, emotes, weapon tweaks, SCS un-nerf, and more)
    • Milestones (Updates)
    • Level Design Balance Changes
    • Level Design Bug Fixes
    • General Improvements and Bug Fixes ( Duplicate SC credits, Blaster glow, lightsaber glow, color-blind settings tweak, performance and stability changes, and more)

4. Darth Visor

Darth Visor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2018
    Do you have a link to where you found the patch notes for 1.2? I can't find them.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I may be in the minority, but I really liked the two-part campaign with Iden's story; enough to even consider reading the prequel novel that came out to supplement it. I wonder if there's any plans on continuing the story at some point.

It would be cool to play as Zay throughout different missions set in the ST era. Maybe even so far as meeting

Grievousdude likes this.
  6. Darth Visor

Jan 25, 2018
    I thought it was pretty alright. I liked the missions that tied into Last Jedi the most. I heard the prequel book was pretty good. I don't think they're going to add more to the story missions though. I think the dev team is focused on adding maps and finding a more engaging progression system for the game. I assume they're working on pumping out cosmetics.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I guess maybe it leaves room for a post-story novel. I know someone had mentioned that certain themes touched in the campaign were were already mentioned in the Aftermath books; but I doubt anything relating to Iden was in it.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  9. Darth Visor

Jan 25, 2018
    I mean Zay is still around. They could do stuff revolving around her. I feel like she'd make a cool protagonist of a post-story novel.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I know. What's funny is that I accidentally spoiled myself when I read about the story campaign and someone mentioned Iden's fate lol. I'm glad Zay survives. I had mentioned previously how I'd have liked to see Iden in her Rebels pilot uniform; but perhaps they could fit in Zay as a hero character instead. She could use the droid, and maybe some additional abilities that her mother doesn't have.

11. Darth Visor

Jan 25, 2018
    I think that'd be pretty cool, but they might wanna wait a while to do that cause that would basically spoil the plot haha and I think it's still premature to put in something that would spoil the plot into the multiplayer. Three months from now, I could see it though.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I love this game but my god it can be so frustrating. I hate Hero 4 stacks in GA. It doesn’t belong, It’s boring dying over and over again to unbalanced heroes whose abilities clip through walls or can take you out from across the map.

This game is in serious need of a mode without heroes on the big maps. Small maps in blast and strike are fine but I want the big maps with objectives too.

Ahsoka's Tano and Grievousdude like this.
  13. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Or have a large mode where one person on each team is given the option of becoming a hero based on nothing but RNG. Like how the first part of Infiltration a random rebel would be chosen to become a U-Wing, except only one hero for each side is allowed on the map.
    Also - proper conquest mode. If they're serious about adding some sort of Galactic Conquest mode, I don't see any other mode working as well as a standard conquest.

14. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm probably in the minority here but I preferred the token system the first game had to what we have now with heroes constantly spawning in.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    vw_jedi likes this.
  15. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I tend to agree with you. While the token system was very exploitable, quite frankly so is the BP system. Instead of token campers, we now have BP exploiters who camp lobbies.

And as stated above, multiple heroes is just nuts. I disliked multiple heroes when it was a glitch in BF 2015. And I despise it now that it's an official part of the game.

Also agree that it would be nice to have a large map mode with no hereos. Makes me miss the Turning Point mode.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    AndrewPascoe likes this.
  16. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Also is anyone else having issues with the servers at the moment? It seems that the game keeps putting me on the losing team all the time which is very frustrating already and then when I'm actually on a good team I get booted off the game. It happened a few times in the last few days and it's making me consider taking a break from the game because it's so frustrating.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that's just a product of the players more than the game, isn't it? I've been on losing teams too. It just gets more frustrating when some of those players "rage quit" in the middle of the match of HvV, and I'm stuck with being targeted more often than I should.

18. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    It's problematic on Galactic Assault when what is supposed to be multiple phase games last not even 10 mins because your team is being destroyed over and over. It's not so much the losing that bugs me as much as the fact that games are over so quickly I might as well have not bothered. Rounds on Kashyykk, Theed, Hoth and Crait normally go into at least the second phase because of their design but on smaller maps like DS2 and Takodana if your team is bad you don't even get a proper game.

19. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I get stuck with bad teams quit a bit too, and it certainly can be irritating.
    I swear, just earlier today my team was doing great, we pushed the rebels back to the very last objective on Yavin IV, captured one of the intel rooms with well over half our troops remaining, and then we get screwed over. I'm like 99% sure my teammates got sidetracked by killing the enemy, and forgot about the objective. It was so annoying. I kept running to the last room, only to get gun down by a dozen rebs camping in there, and nobody else around to so much as help me get in.
    We lost with barely a sliver of the intel hacked. It was pathetic. Though far from the worst loss I've sustained.

Ironically it seems EVERY time I enter Galactic Assault my first map is Endor. Which I find to be rather weird. Not bad, I'm pretty good on Endor (Especially with the speeders, that allow me to rack up points quickly). Just weird.

Grievousdude likes this.
  20. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I think match making is broken at the moment. Teams aren’t reshuffling and maps are repeating.

Grievousdude likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You'd think it would be easy to match-make. Simply pair up the under-leveled players with those having higher levels.

22. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Sure, sounds easy enough. Until you remember that DICE is not capable of fixing one issue without breaking two other things. It's a compounding effect.

Sometimes I wish they would just stop fiddling and leave well enough alone.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    What would be nice is if you could actually select certain criteria before loading the multiplayer maps. Kind of like in some fighting games where you might only choose to match up with players at or around your same level. With millions of players from around the world; it shouldn't be too difficult setting up a match with players on the same level.

24. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I don't want more maps, or more heroes, or more modes, or anything new until they make the game work right. It should be all hands on deck regarding getting rid if the stuttering, micro freezes, lag, and every other game ruining glitch that makes GA stink compared to 2015's walker assault. As it stands now the mode is inferior.

Grievousdude likes this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Do you play the game over WiFi or wired to your console/PC? I don't recall at any point having to deal with freezes/lag, but my PS4 is wired to the Ethernet.