main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I'll just watch IX if Kylo Ren talks like that

2. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    But that is him. During his awkward school days at Luke's academy. :)

dekaneas, Eeyore freak and Jedi Jessy like this.
  3. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Do you think Dennis Lawson would come back if he played an Admiral instead of just a pilot? His gripe was that filming pilot scenes was boring. How about commanding a fleet? Please?

Avnar likes this.
  4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    About Denis Lawson's response of "They asked me, but it just would have bored me”, according to him.....

That’s falsely recorded, they did ask me to do it, frustratingly I wasn’t free. I would like to set that record straight. I was shooting on something else, I’d have loved to have done it… ask me again!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/09/denis-lawson-wedge-antilles-star-wars/

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nice! I'm glad to hear he was misquoted. I hope they can get him back for IX!

6. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Anyone else notice there was a small time shift at the end of TLJ. Broomboy and his friends were playing with their homemade toys, and they were reenacting the battle of Crait. That was Luke standing in front of the ATATs.

Word got out. Makes me wonder how long after the battle did the news reach the stable kids.

7. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    It makes me wonder who would be putting the word out. Was it a story that one of the First Order walker drivers tells his family when he gets home from work, and then the story spreads around the playground, and then the holonet? I can't see the Resistance spreading this story, if they're trying to conceal their whereabouts. Seems like chatter could be tracked back to where they're hiding.
    Could Broomboy and/or the other kids be tapped into the Force enough that he could remotely view Luke's projection? This route sounds more fantastic, and I'm inclined to say I favor it, as opposed to the word of mouth recounting of the events.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Rodie and Rhyoth like this.
  8. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Wasn't he also looking up at the Falcon entering lightspeed at the end? Guess they're still getting around fine, which is good.

@Siphonophore I'm sure DJ came back and told them "his truth."

DJ: Yeah, I'm sure they got away. It's fine. Everything's fine. Everyone's happy and alive.

Stable kids: How do you know? Were you there? Did you get to fight with them?

DJ: Um...Yeah. I was there. Totally fought with them. They think I'm a hero so they wanted me to spread the news. They tried to give me a medal for my bravery but I was like "Nah, nah, that's not what I'm here for. Just doing my part for the greater good." And they were like, "Oh, DJ, you're amazing!" Trust me. Everyone's happy in the end.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  9. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    You forgot to stutter

10. The Wrens of Night

The Wrens of Night Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 14, 2017
    Just things I'd like to see.
    A time jump of 2-3 years that features a montage (highly unlikely of course) of the new Rebellion growing - Leia voiceovers, maybe even Leia CGIed from a distance giving speeches, recruiting planets (like Mon Cal). Poe is with her and we see him transition into the new voice of the Rebellion. Similarly, Finn is trying to rally disenfranchised First Order members or is trying to seed a resistance inside the First Order - hopefully with better results than his bumbling aboard Snoke's ship like a kid in a FO Halloween costume. We also see Rey finding and recruiting Force Sensitives, hopefully not including Oliver Twist kid from TLJ.

Catching up to the present, the movie opens with Leia's funeral - she's exhausted from another recruitment push and never recovers from her efforts to save her own life in TLJ. Poe is now General Dameron, Finn has a real title in this military, and we've got the look of an actual army - not 3 capital ships in the Falcon. Hell, make Chewie an officer as well, lord knows he's done enough. And the first twist is that the Rebellion and Rey's new Jedi are not separate; these Jedi are part of the Rebellion, and Rey is their leader. And the first time we see her complaining or frustrating about her students or her own ability to teach, instead of talking to Poe, she's talking to the Force Ghost of Luke.

Hopefully, this leads to our first-ever Multi-dark side vs. Multi-light side fight; an upgrade of Ren/Rey vs. the Praetorian guards, which was really awesome, but would be trumped by Knights of Ren/Kylo vs. Knights of Rey/Rey.

Luke said in TLJ that he couldn't save Kylo, but that doesn't mean that Kylo can't save himself or perhaps be redeemed by Rey or (long shot) a Force Ghost of his mother.. The best plot I can imagine would be a rupture between Hux and Ren that has Hux willing to do basically anything to win the war, and Kylo finding enough of his own humanity to do something about it at the end. Not exactly the same as Vader killing Palpy to save Luke, maybe something closer to Rukh assassinating Thrawn at the end of "The Last Command".

11. Lost_Hope

Lost_Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
  13. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I think Wedge and Lando coming back as allies to the surviving Resistance members would be great. Not main characters, but solid supporting ones. There is plenty of room for it given how they thinned the herd in TLJ.

14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Blade Runner 2049 looked beautiful and Inglis’ work is notable on many other great projects as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    The guy is great but art direction has never been an issue with the ST, R1 and SOLO. I’m sure he’ll bring his A game though.

TadoFett likes this.
  16. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    Also made Kylo Ren look foolish in front of the FO in his first action as Supreme Leader

Senator Wan and TadoFett like this.
  17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Not really, the FO still one overwhelmingly won, there's pretty much no resistance left, and Luke vanished. So unless no one in the FO has any kind of intelligence or critical thinking skills whatsoever, what Luke did changed nothing really.

He didn't defeat Ben at all, and he every single student that he ever had either died or went evil, and he abandoned the Galaxy and let this mess grow to begin with. I call that being the most incompetent Jedi ever.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  18. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    i think you missed the point of the movie. but nevermind, i wont try to convince you.

19. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    TLJ definitely shows the FO overwhelmingly winning that engagement. The Resistance is holed up in the Falcon and their leader is dead or dying. The one of the problems for me is that so far into this trilogy, the galactic dominance of the FO hasn't felt like that of the Empire. In the theatrical material, it almost seemed like the FO had perhaps a few more ships and couple mega big ray guns, but it hasn't felt like they occupy the galaxy. Everything happening between the Resistance and FO in the galaxy is essentially happening on screen. We also haven't had a chance to see Rey, Finn, and Poe grow in experience and rank among the Resistance so the fact that we are nearing the climax of the saga feels a bit premature. I personally wouldn't mind if they then crack the mold and added an episode X to this saga. IMO this would be better than cramming 3+ hours to another movie and letting a lot of 'important' things hit the cutting room floor.

20. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    @afrojedi the FO is not yet ruling the galaxy the way the empire was. They are about to seize power and are in the middle of deploying their forces across the galaxy to conquer the main systems -main systems that are said to be about to fall in a couple of weeks -according to Rey-. A lot of systems have arleady been conquered by the FO of course, but the FO are not controling the whole galaxy yet like the Empire. We are in the middle of a war but contrary to the republic/separatist conflict there is nothing, no fleet big enough, to stop the FO's from invading the galaxy.

Maybe ep9 will take place a couple of years later and the FO will indeed be ruling the galaxy with Kylo Ren as the supreme Leader? Or maybe we'll learn that the FO has no succeded in conquering all the galaxy and a lot of systems are still independent? who knows...

ps: and even if that wasn't the case, don't forget we never really saw the empire ruling everything in the OT. It was mostly outer rim conflicts and adventures, away from any politically "important" system. Only the PT showed us the "whole galaxy at war" stuff., but it's just a narrative choice, what you want to focus your story on. Doesn't mean that political intrigues and corporate shenanigans in big industrialized planets didn't happen in the OT, offscreen :)

Rodie likes this.
  21. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    This question is the main reason why I thought broom boy and the kids should be playing with a Rey, Kylo and Snoke figures and re-enacting "Rey the rebel" killing Snoke, since that's the official story according to Kylo and now Hux. Evil Snoke's death would be much more inspirational to those young kids than Luke stalling some walkers for a few minutes.

And the irony of Kylo's murder of Snoke inspiring a new generation of rebels to fight against the First Order is just too great. Johnson missed an opportunity there.

22. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    @The PiedPiper of Alderaan That kind of makes wrapping this up in JJ's episode run the risk of this all feeling rushed at the end--possibly even with a time jump added. Episodes one- six (including RO) told a story that used the passage of time where 7 & 8 was an all out sprint spanning a week or so? If nine (the saga's conclusion) follows suit it will make the pace of the last three movies extremely abrupt in comparison to the pace of the preceding episodes.

Rodie likes this.
  23. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    If IX ends up having BR2049-level visuals... wow. But the cinematography played a big part in it too. J.J doesn't have a Roger Deakins, for now, at least.

24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I want JJ to get Wally Pfister to shoot IX.

25. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Why? Because Toy AT-ATs have been fun to play with since the Kenner version came out when I was in fifth grade!!

Rodie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.