main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Vehicles/Tech in the Han Solo Movie

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Mar 28, 2017.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Chances that a carriage of the weird two sided train fits nicely into the Millenium Falcon cargo slot?

And that this is the exact reason the ship was first acquired?

Lt. Hija likes this.
  2. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    I'm curious to see the 'arrowhead' cargo module detach (assuming it can, that is). It would almost look like the bow part of a Y-Wing.
    I guess we can safely assume that the bow lights of the Falcon's mandibles in ESB and ROJ are a later Solo modification.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    TadoFett likes this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Slim to none I think. It's just a coincidence that the Conveyex and the concept art for the Falcon's 'cargo' share a similar configuration.

4. Jamie1001

Jamie1001 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    If you look at the front of the new Millennium Falcon toy there definitely appears to be a removable mini ship of some kind.

5. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    ^ Is that a retracted twin-barrelled gun I see there? [face_thinking]

Strongbow likes this.
  6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Seems a little on the nose.;)

7. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Panic over. Seems that Lando customised a normal YT-1300 and sometime after Solo but before ANH Han reverted it back to it's 'proper' look but kept some of the goodies under the skin (and added a few of his own). This probably means that the 'Falcon' seen in the PT could well have been the same ship before Lando sent it off to the chop shop.

11-4D, TadoFett and Krueger like this.
  8. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    The clean Falcon interior reminds me a bit of The Liberator sets from “Blake’s 7”

TadoFett likes this.
  9. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Yes, it sounds like Han might remove panels and batter it up to disguise its true purpose, and make it look more inconspicuous. The ET article makes it sound like Lando decked it out for entertainment purposes.

10. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    You know Lando was serving up some Colt 45 on the Falcon.

TadoFett likes this.
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Basically, it appears as though, by and large, the Falcon we all know and love is underneath all the shine. I’m guessing the Kessel Run is what brings it “out”, so to speak.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    Appears to be, but I can't' spot it in the GIF of the prop. I'm going to assume it's a play feature so that the mini ship can also "pew" things.

13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The 'guns' are on the outside of the mandible so wouldn't be attached to the smaller yacht/shuttle/mini-ship.

14. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    There's a scene in the movie Weird Science where they try to make another woman and something goes haywire, (they forgot to hook up the doll!) and Wyatt's kitchen gets turned blue. I'm expecting something like that to happen with the Falcon, minus the lady making. Something about the Kesssel Run will magically make the Falcon grimy. Also I'm kidding.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Of course he did. Go with what has proven reliable. Colt 45? It works every time.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  16. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Interesting. Alden's quotes make it sound like the Falcon gets battered looking as a disguise. However, the toy with the removable panels seems to hint at damage during the Kessel Run? Maybe Lando did a galactic version of "Pimp My Ride" to an old freighter, and then that panelling and vaneer start falling apart during their mission, revealing the cruddy look underneath?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  18. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I think I might know how the Falcon's interior becomes grimy. Maybe Han and Chewie and the others rescue a herd of nerfs from the range by loading them into the Falcon. Dirt and oils get transferred from the nerfs' fur onto the walls, and then the nerfs knock over a barrel of spice, which is when things get really crazy.

19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Seeing Lando's Falcon all clean and sparkly makes me wish they'd done a scene in TESB where Lando boards the Falcon and a tear slowly falls from an eye.

Han...what have you done to my beautiful ship?

DaddlerTheDalek and 11-4D like this.
  20. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    No, the inserted shuttle/whatever also "caps" the mandibles, you can see the seam just aft of the guns. That's why we can't see the lights that are normally on the front of the mandibles and why it comes to a tighter point.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  21. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    The idea of that section being modular is pretty cool, I have to say. I saw one poster joke that that is a walk-in closet while Lando owns the Falcon. I'm thinking hot tub.

22. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

[​IMG]

23. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So it's effectively the Phantom for the Millennium Falcon?

24. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I hope they don't turn Han Solo's remark, "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts kid", into being just about Han making the Falcon grimy looking. "She's got it where it counts kid" is obviously referring to the Falcons performance, under the hood, so to speak. Lucas clearly meant for the Millenium Falcon to be Han Solo's personal hot rod.

25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm revising my theory of how the Falcon became dirty and dilapidated on the inside.
    Han and Chewie rescue a herd of nerfs from the range and smuggle them out in the Falcon. Were the nerfs aboard the Conveyex / train? Maybe.
    Dirty, oily nerfs are crammed into the Falcon, and one of them bumps the Dejarik board, turning it on. A holographic monster waves its arms around, and a nerf freaks out. This Force-sensitive nerf goes into a Forceback. What this entails is to be dertermined. Maybe Bendu makes and appearance. After the Forceback, we see all of the other nerfs freaking out. Barrels of spice get kicked open, with clouds of the stuff going everywhere. The nerfs freak out even more. The Force-sensitive nerf communes with the wild ones, calming them and restoring order to the ship.
    We would have a much different insight into Chewie's reaction in TFA when Finn bumps the Dejarik board and it powers up. Chewie's reaction would harken back to his early days on the Falcon when he witnessed the great nerf stampede.