main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeah, it's Attack of the Clones where the Gundark nest incident is mentioned, with all of TCW, including Dooku Captured taking place after it.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Yeah. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Are there any small things like this other then this one sentence?

4. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Onto Season 4 right now. One issue, though:

What's with Jar Jar? How can be such a stupid and useless character be used so prominently in the show? Every time, he escapes some dangerous situation simply by luck and stupidity and turns out to be a hero. This is where the show goes too ridiculous for me at times and becomes inconsistent with otherwise great other episodes.

Other than Jar Jar(and the 3 bad Mon Calamari underwater episodes), really like everything so far.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Jar Jar does not appear again until season 6 in any prominent role. Just an FYI

6. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I've never had a problem with Jar Jar in the films or TCW. Colonel Gascon in Season 5 in the other hand.....

DBPirate, cwustudent and J7Luke like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The best episodes he was in were the disappeared one.

TetsuAero and J7Luke like this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I liked the droids arc with Gascon for this particular scene with R2.

Larsonator and Snafu55 like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I really liked that arc for giving us Gregor, but artoo was also very cool in that arc too.

10. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    Those episodes actually made me like Jar Jar and Mace much more than before. Especially that part where they are riding that eopie and Jar Jar is hollering out some random noise and then Mace just smirks.

11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Yeah Artoo and Gregor were the good things about that arc. My favourite Artoo moments in the show were when he commanded Battle Droids in the Citadel arc though.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    J7Luke and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Oh come on, he can't be worse than Lieutenant Spongebob of the Coruscant Police Violent Crimes Division.

brilliant scene, btw. "Politicians always have something to hide, and it always comes back to haunt them, am I right?"
    pan over to the occupants of the room:
    Lolo the murderer
    Palpatine aka Darth Sidious
    Mas Ameeda the sith collaborator
    Padme the secret wife of a jedi
    Bail Organa the future jedi and rebel sympathizer
    Mon Mothma the future leader of the rebel alliance

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Devo was the best! His jokes were so good! :p

Worst investigator ever.

cwustudent, J7Luke and Grievousdude like this.
  14. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    About Windu, I feel like the show presents him in a bit of a darker side. He is always grumpy, suspicious and a bit cold to Anakin. His attitude in the show + ROTS certainly didn't help things with regards to Anakin's turn.

TadoFett, J7Luke and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  15. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Yes, I agree. They did a great job fleshing out the mutual mistrust and dislike that Mace and Anakin had for each other. That, coupled with several of the council's actions during the series (faking Obi-Wan's death and not including Anakin in the plan being one notable example), certainly provide a greater understanding of Anakin's angst, and why he is so apt to believe Palpatine about them, and make the choice that he does.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    J7Luke and Grievousdude like this.
  16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What reason does Anakin have to mistrust Mace, exactly? The show never portrayed him that way either. Mace not trusting Anakin in ROTS comes from Anakin's actions at the end of AOTC (and he did trust Anakin in that movie), where he didn't follow his intructions. His trust in him was compromised because of that.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Anakin was emotionally compromised in RoTS. He wasn't thinking clearly because Padme, and by extension his unborn children, had become factors. Palpatine had also been a long time mentor figure to him, beginning in his early padawan years.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's news to me. I mean we see him as the youngster being acknowledged by the Chancellor at the end of TPM, but Palpatine supposedly takes him under his wing at an early age; even as he had been training with OB1?

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, he simply wanted to have his cake and eat it too. His own greed and fear (which Palpatine exploited) made him fall. Not Mace or the Jedi.

"He befriended me. He's watched out for me ever since I arrived here." - Anakin Skywalker

cwustudent likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    What was an example of Anakin's "greed"?

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    To act on attachments. Being unable to let go. Wanting to be a Jedi and not follow the Jedi way of selflessness and service.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah but he wasn't alone.
    [​IMG]

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    ?! Yes, he was. Both characters in that picture made their choices, none of them pretended that they could do what they do and be who they are and have a life together. In anything, that picture corroborates my point.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    OB1 took it upon himself to visit Mandalore to save Satine from Death Watch (and eventually Maul) when the Council refused to interfere. There's your attatchment.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, Obi-Wan was sent to Mandalore, only not on an official capacity due to Mandalore's neutrality. He didn't went rogue against Yoda or the Council. They all knew he went there. He only couldn't go with military aid from the Republic, which is what Satine needed. The senate wouldn't divert resources to a neutral system that wasn't being threatened by the separatists.