main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Finding Our Way. H/L for the OTP-Together Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota Disclaimer: Borrowing the characters with affection.

Genre: Lots of introspection and tons of mush

AN: Leia and Han seem to be going in different directions. Friends from the past step in and get them on track.

Other characters: Hera/Kanan. :cool:

~~~~~~!!

Leia was fighting a stress headache. Dealing with the reorganized and restructured Republic Senate was more trouble than it was worth sometimes! It didn't help that Han was gone more weeks /months than he was home. He was trying to establish a legitimate trading business, but the "bureaucratic" tangle was trying his patience.

She was afraid if this kept up he'd go back to less-than-legit ways of earning credits.

Leia could not deny that his homecomings led to some sweet romantic times, but when he was away, she missed having someone to talk to, confide in, laugh and share with.

"I feel half married." She confided in Winter.

Winter had grimaced. "That doesn't sound good!" She said, her eyes full of concern for her friend.

"Believe me, it feels even worse!" Leia said with feeling.

Han kept insisting that she take a break or stop politicking altogether. She couldn't imagine doing anything else.

Leia wished there was some solution that would lead them to meeting in the middle.

Sometimes, it felt like they were meeting each other coming and going.

++++

[face_worried]
    TBC

2. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    This is very nice. Well written and leaves the reader wanting more.
    Lynda V.

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I love the start of this. I can't wait for more.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The whole masthead here got me intriguing. OF COURSE that there is a shades smiley going well with "introspection" and a hint of another awesome OTP. So, Imma use one, too. :cool: Kekekekeke...

...and now I saw the prefix. Will there be...universes mixing and matching? BECAUSE I LOVE ME SOME OF THAT.

This is the most poignant part of the whole chapter. :( I can see how there would be Canon!Leia intermingling with the much-happier Legends!Leia here.

P.S. I applaud to each and every story with Winter in it. Read the TTT comic eleven months ago, fell in love with both badass girls in it - her and Mara Jade! =D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see where this goes with Winter in it

6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Awww, this is sweet. Looking forward to the next installment.

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Distance makes a relationship difficult. It can be done, but it can create strain. And with Leia's job being so stressful, I'm sure it adds to that strain.

Great start for this challenge! I look forward to more!

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I like this so far! Leia must feel like she’s running ragged on all fronts; trying to maintain her political stance and bring an effective leader, but also dealing with the stress of her marriage. She needs Han there to help her but he’s off doing his own thing, the line about feeling like sge’s Half married is heartbreaking.

I’m so glad she has Winter. Is Winter married too in this story?

Very curious about how Hera and a Kanan will factor in.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hera Syndulla had always been impressed with the unfailing strength Leia displayed during crucial Alliance missions, those she participated in and just heard about. when she saw Leia at a meeting on Ithor, they spoke happily of their first encounter on Lothal with the insufferable Officer Lyste.

Leia had always had a soft spot for Ezra Bridger; they were very close in age, so she felt like he might have been her brother as they interacted -- before she met Luke and eventually discovered they were siblings.
    Leia was thrilled that Ezra had found someone to be committed to. She was also happy to hear that Hera and Kanan were still together.

"Kanan wants to help Luke with the formation/reemergence of the Jedi, blending of the best of the former practices with the novel ideas and strategies Luke must have in mind. The no-attachment rule and taking younglings from their families, that goes without saying, those things will not be carried forward."

"Luke will be so happy for the help!" Leia exclaimed.

Hera's lekku drooped in sympathy as Leia spoke of her marital woes.

"If there's anything I learned during the Rebellion," Hera said forthrightly, "It's that tomorrow isn't guaranteed. And relationships with those we care about, those take precedence over anything else. You've earned a bit of focused prioritizing for your family. More than earned it, and you don't have to feel guilty about it, either. There has to be a middle ground between 'making a difference' and disappearing from the cosmic map. But your family doesn't need to be shoved down the proverbial black hole, in any case!"

Leia smiled, loving as she always had how to the point Hera was, while exuding at all times an incredible empathy.

It was as if Hera's encouragement and clarity opened up vistas in Leia's mind about avenues/paths she had not considered before. Now she felt she had given herself permission to explore them.

"The 'fun' and sense of fulfillment is weraing thin, to be honest." Leia confided. "But I've always been in the thick of things. I almost don't know who else to be."

"You've never shied away from adventure, Leia." Hera said. "And with someone as invigorating as Han to share it with ..."

Leia laughed. "That's one way to describe him." She winked.
    She only hoped it wasn't too late, that Han would be open to the ideas forming in her mind.

She gave Hera a grateful smile and impulsive hug of gratitude.

++++++

TBC... [face_batting]

10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Really, really curious about what Kanan (phew, glad he's alive in this universe!) and Luke will do together.

Not to mention that the sisterly bonding between Leia and Hera could be the next best thing to sliced bread! [face_love]

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Love the idea of these two strong GFFA women chatting and bonding. @};- If there's anyone who knows effective and rewarding ways to balance relationships and responsibilities, it's Hera and Kanan, who have been doing so their entire career and have become one of the model GFFA couples as a result. And have not lost their sense of fun in the process either! Glad this conversation has given Leia a glimmer of hope for rejuvenating her own relationship. :hera: :leia:

I too am curious to hear more about the ways Kanan and Luke will work together to reform the Jedi Order—they too would make a great team. :kanan: :luke:

Enjoying this—keep it up! :)

12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for writing such warm, fuzzy stories that always make me laugh! They are a stark contrast to my dark and gloomy stuff that you beta-edit so lovingly when it comes to the vignettes and challenges. (You really, really helped me, especially the past days.)

Your SW universe is a bright place where beloved characters have problems that us, the normal people, share. Like headaches. Or relationship troubles.

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    :confused:[face_shhh]8-}[face_tee_hee]

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Han and Leia were sharing a rare mid-day meal.

Apprehension filled the air as thick as the best nerf steak. They talked of everything and anything but what was uppermost on his mind. Whenever he and Leia were together, there was always the tension of him staying away and her being called away. Truth be told, he stayed away because he felt she was too occupied to notice one way or the other. Whenever he voiced this opinion and she denied it, he half felt her insistence belied the obvious.

She had broken out of one of her incessant meetings for lunch. She had cited something of pressing urgency to the other attendees and they had been forced to let her go and her chief aide to stand in.

Why had she commed him to meet at one of the best restaurants? Even though it was Taungsday, it was still crowded. But since they were regular customers, they were shown to their customary table.

Leia was beautiful in an outfit of dark gray and light peach. Her hair was in the lovely between of informally down and intricately braided. It fell in loose waves down her back with silver combs holding the tresses in place to keep them from wild abandon. How he loved brushing the shiny abundance! He wondered if she missed that tender nightly ritual.

She had finally described her talk with Hera. He wondered if Hera had reamed him up one side and down the other.

"Hera got me to thinking." Leia finished. "And I have been. I was before our talk, to be honest. But she helped crrystallize many things."

Han braced for something unpleasant but what she said totally took his breath away.

"It may have seemed like I fell out of love, but I never did. I never could. I've been putting other things ahead of you and I, and that's going to change. I don't know exactly what the shape of my involvement with the government is going to look like, but it will be far less than it has been."

"I thought I would have to win you all over again." Han said after a beat. "It wasn't that easy the first time, but hey. I welcome the challenge."

She laughed. "I know. You actually thrive on them!"

"So, maybe you'd be willling to come along on my cargo hauls?"

"And even your swoop races." Leia added. This was a recent venture he had entered into, sponsoring a team of professional swoop and pod racers.

Things were definitely looking up. More time together, just being themselves, building memories and bridges to one another again.

++++++++

AN: Once Leia knows where she wants to go, she doesn't stand still LOL [face_love]
    :)

15. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh this is one of those AUs that are full of Ny-numminess! I liked how you had Leia relying on her friends old and new to talk things through before deciding on a course of action. The line about "feeling half-married" in the opening post was so sad, but then Han saying "I welcome the challenge" was so very Han. Although, if Leia is going to be coming with him on cargo runs and swoop races, he might be in over his head :D

I'm also curious to see how the Jedi parameter will play out. If Han is going to be getting relationship advice from Kanan, this is going to become very interesting very soon!

I don't have as much time as I'd like to leave proper reviews right now, but I promise I'll be keeping up with this story!

16. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I apologize for taking so long to comment. Darth Real Life decided that the Youngling and I needed the flu. :p

Now that I’m here... SQUEE! I loved the idea when you mentioned you were going to do a story with Han and Leia and Kanan and Hera, and I love what you’re doing here. Oh yes, I think anyone who’s been married for a while can relate to that feeling of being “half married” (great phrase there!) When you get two people who are as driven and ambitious as Han and Leia, it only makes things harder. Leia’s absolutely right that what they need is a compromise. She shouldn’t be expected to give up her life. Thank goodness she still has Winter to talk to.

And Hera, too! Yes, everyone needs a friend like Hera, someone who is perceptive and caring, and can tell you what you need to hear in forthright but still loving way. Hera’s certainly learned the hard way that there are no guarantees in life, and she’s right to point out that Leia’s earned some time off. Sad, but true, that she needs to tell Leia not to feel guilty—so often as women we put everyone else’s needs ahead of our own. Glad to see that Kanan and Luke are working together to build a new Jedi Order and are making some changes in the non-attachment doctrine (does this mean Kanan and Hera are finally Space!married?:D) Also glad to hear
    :D I wonder who this might be? Perhaps a redhead from a remote Outer Rim planet?

Looks like Leia’s not the only one who’s feeling the change in their relationship. Han senses the distance between them, too, and this
    is sad but so telling. I wonder is he surprised at Hera’s advice because he believes Hera would automatically side with Leia or because he doesn’t get along with her? But good for Leia for taking that first step and good for Han for answering honestly and without being defensive [face_love] He’s obviously still very much in love, the way he looks at her and thinks fondly of brushing her long hair. Now, hopefully the two of them will have time to spend those kind of simple, loving moments together.

Lovely job with the challenge prompt; looking forward to seeing how the two of them will find their way together!

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Raissa Baiard: I hope you are better after the flue and the youngling, too. Having read this nice comment of yours I simply hope for the best. (Just discovered from the Novo virus. Easy to get when working with the little ones in the creché.)

As for the update itself, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha. Not only did you do a great job about describing Leia´s dress. You also did a miracle when you showed us the core of their relationship. The sweetness of it, the honesty behind it. Thank you!

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks so much!! @};- I love the idea of Leia having Hera as a confidante. I gravitate in RL towards persons who share the empathic yet forthright blend LOL [face_love] I definitely was going for the still in love but can we revive and strengthen our relationship, particularly Leia being proactive and Han being first apprehensive then relieved and running through it all, still crazy about her :D I too adore writing about/exploring the tiny moments that nourish a soul-bond. [face_love]
    :)

19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Looking good, looking good! This pleasant lunch together at a favorite, familiar restaurant is just what these two need to "meet halfway" at this stage. Rather cute in a way that Han is expecting a full-scale dressing-down from Leia (and Hera), which perhaps shows in a way that he too feels he hasn't been there enough for her; there's also a hint of that in his wistful recollections about brushing her hair. The feeling of relief is tangible when Leia tells him of her plans to scale back her government work and spend more time with him and rebuilding their relationship; because she always has had the tendency to overwork herself, sometimes (often) at the expense of things that would make her happy. It definitely would be fun to see them go on those cargo runs and swoop racing ventures together—a bit like old times, in a way! As always, great job with these two; you know them so well. [face_love]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    When Leia was honest, she felt she was caught in the middle more often than not during political wrangles. Her poise and outspokenness and integrity held her in good stead among her true, trustworthy allies. Those who judged her negatively did so on little information or misperceptions. They did so because it furthered their own interests to cause divisions and/or to hinder a spirit of cooperation and mutual benefit.

She felt liberated, buoyed up by the prospect of taking time away. As she was packing for her trip with Han, she came across an old holo-disc. She popped it into her portable vidplayer and laughed.

It was the personal copy of the speech of former Grand Vizier Amedda upon the "inauspicious demise" of Emperor Palpatine. But this had unforeseen additions! Lando and Han had spliced into the holo-feed and added their own editorial commentary.

Leia smirked as she listened to Han setting the record straight.

She had told him later that evening how very impressed she had been by his performance and surprised on top of it!

"Prove it...actions do speak louder." Han had quipped.

Never one to decline a challenge, Leia had done so.

She smiled wistfully. Hopefully, this trip would rekindle some of that snarky spark between them.

++++++

[face_laugh]

Yuppers, "In Memoriam" is part of my H/L canon now. =D=
    [:D] !!!!!

21. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Woo-hoo! I came here for my H/L fix when I saw that you had a new update, but I didn't expect that my silly little story would be referenced in this one! Funnily enough, I'd thought of asking you to write the sequel with Leia demonstrating her gratitude towards Han, but now it's already done :D

Now I'm waiting for the trip that will "rekindle the snarky spark" [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The return of the snark! Witnessed it.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  23. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Great job on this challenge. =D= I can certainly relate to relationship trouble due to distance. The stress it generates can be monumental. Nice inclusion of Winter, and love the wisdom from Hera. :hera: I'm all for interactions between Luke and Kanan... sweet idea!
    Indeed.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "You & I" by Avant & KeKe Wyatt is perfect for this chapter.

~~~~~!!

Leia enjoyed watching the pod-races and socializing with the reacers afterwards. She could just be herself - they treated her with respect but more as Han's wife than a grand galactic heroine. It was refreshing.

When she commed Luke he told her that Kanan had suggested having a mobile training Academy with groups of students and instructors traveling to field hot spots and training them in situ, at their home-worlds in lieu of taking them from family and friends at tender ages.

On a resort world, Leia had somewhat of a spontaneous Force vision. She was relaxing on a grassy knoll sprinkled liberally with periwinkle and peachy wildflowers.

She saw two younglings of hers and Han's on a lush world where the Force was called Harmony. The boy was called Evan & the girl Breha. She saw them at various stages: as pre-teens teasing one another; then as teens, as Evan started dating and his younger sister pinned up holo-images of her favorite jizz artists. Then she saw Breha with a Barolian exchanging marriage vows. Evan was smiling and holding hands with one of Lando's several daughters, the next to youngest.

Leia smiled, liking the future that unfurled before her. All this was possible because she and Han had circumvented a disaster. She did a HoloNet search to find the name of the world she had seen. It was gorgeous full of lakes and verdant forests. It was loosely allied with the New Republic. She could ask to be assigned there as a liaison, thus combining a moderate political involvement with deep familial focus.

When she shared this all with Han, he grinned. "I loved you even when it felt I didn't. I believe I'm finding new reasons to be crazy about you every day."

She answered: "Finding our way back together was a Force nudge I'm glad I listened to."

"Yeah well don't discount the good advice from Winter and Hera."

"I certainly don't." She said with deep appreciation. Friends with empathy and good sense--an invaluable treasure.

The warmth between she and Han was like new, and yet it had the strength of something tested and true. And she had a feeling it would only get sweeter and deeper through the years to come.

Fini

++++++

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Kahara, Anedon , AzureAngel2 and 7 others like this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Agrh, missed not one but TWO chapters. I apologise - still lovin' it and it's not even a hamburger.

Leia as a sports fan? HECK, YES!

Kanan is there and he's a genius!

BREE AND BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE1!!11!

I need to ketchup with Renata's story, but my guess is that it's something from there?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! A happy ending for everybody!

And "Force nudge"...hehe!

I enjoyed this, a lot!