main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'll bring the Porg shish kabobs. I'll start marinating them now.

2. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006

Been awhile since I checked in on this forum. If you can do it, do it. Orlando was our first Celebration though we had been wanting to go forever but this was the first time the Force allowed it LOL. The only thing I could recommend is plan, plan plan and network with other folks who have been before. Being noobs, the family and I qued up at oh dark nonsense for the Last Jedi Panel only to make it to the last 8 or so people before they ran out of wrist bands. The disappointment faded easily though by being able to see get up close to the star wars stage on the main floor, walk the floor and meet amazing people. To be honest, I'd have been happy just walking the floor and meeting amazing people. Disney did the Star Wars Galactic nights and we got to catch the trailer there in a room full of fans and even ran into Pablo Hidalgo walking around.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  3. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Announce on Star Wars day. 5 months!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Australia? I need to tell this to my friend who lives over there.

5. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    any new murmurings of when the tickets will go on sale?

i'm basing my whole decision on visiting the US from Australia on whether i can get tickets or not. I'm assuming right now that MAY-JUNE might be around the time we get ticket info?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    From what I've heard there is still no info, or even rumours around.

7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Everyone is just guessing at this point. For last time in Orlando, they announced it on May 4th and tickets went on sale later that month. There's no guarantee that's when they'll announce the next one though.

If you watch for when tickets go on sale, you won't have any problem getting tickets (except for VIP).

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So we are expecting Anaheim?

9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, but that's just a guess. We don't even know for sure that it will be in the US (although I'd be shocked if it isn't).

10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, best guess is Anaheim to be announced on May 4th but it's just guess work based on previous years.

Personally I'd love Anaheim as I could visit the original Disneyland at the same time (could never justify the cost as its cheaper to get to World from the UK) but financially Orlando would be better for me, London even better!

11. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015
    hyping the last episodic movie (likely 2 min teaser) outside the US would be one hell of a bold move. IMO, being an episodic movie essentially guarantees a US celebration.

how quickly do the VIP tickets go? I'm assuming something like the first 5 mins they are all sold out?

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They go instantly. You just have to refresh as soon as they go on sale and hope you get lucky. I somehow managed to get it for Orlando. It felt like hitting the lottery!

13. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015
    thanks mate. I'll likely just look at getting the standard tickets but fingers crossed :D

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Standard passes won't be a problem. The four day passes sold out way in advance last time, but you won't have any trouble getting one the day they go on sale.

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The one little speculation I've heard is that they want to see which Star Wars-land finishes first, in Orlando or Anaheim, before commiting the Celebration.

Personally I hope that they don't coincide Celebration with the SW-land opening, that's going to be on a total level of crazyiness just by itself.

jawajames likes this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Being that convention season is coming up, I've browsed all the Celebration social media pages and haven't seen the slightest indication of what they plan to do next year. Haven't been on the boards much lately, but I was just thinking how this time last year we were all waiting for it with such anticipation and counting the days until it arrived.

Although now that I'm thinking about it, there's got to be something booked at this point. For an event that large requiring the reservation of a venue to accommodate, I can't imagine that it isn't already booked somewhere. For all we know it might not even be in either Anaheim or Orlando. But if it's in the US, in all likelihood it will be a 4 day event. So maybe it's possible to start perusing large convention center schedules to see if any of them have any Thursday - Sunday weekends blocked out for any unnamed events. At the very least it could narrow down possibilities. I don't know, seems like something any event planner could easily research if they were trying to book an event somewhere.

I think we might be over-estimating how much stake Disney has in SWC at this point. I highly doubt that they would open Star Wars land and have a Celebration on the same weekend. Because remember there should also be a D23 in 2019 as well, and if Disney were to coincide any other event with the opening of Star Wars Land, it would most likely be that.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    SW Land is a nice bonus for them. If they can time a hard ticketed launch event to coincide with Celebration then great, they might even delay opening a week or two to coincide, but no way they're actually planning Celebration dates around it. Too many variables and things that could go wrong/cause delays (Rivers of Light showed them that). Plus they don't need the Celebration crowd to sell those tickets.

But D23 2019 is something to think about. That's normally July/August and has always been in Anaheim. Could that affect the location of Celebration? Would Disney want 2 major conventions pretty much back to back in Anaheim or would they want 1 in Orlando? There's nothing to stop them both being in Anaheim but if one were to go to Orlando my money would be on SWC.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  18. Xando

Xando Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2018
    2019 will be my first Celebration so I'm new to everything. I've heard the 4-day tickets sell out quite a bit in advance. Could anybody give me a time frame for how quickly they sell out? Are we talking days, weeks or months? I just want to know since you save a considerable amount of money getting the 4-day tickets.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    For Orlando, the 4 days sold out in December. They went on sale in May and the con was in April.

The timeline can certainly vary though for the next one.

20. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Celebration Anaheim 2015 (April 16th-19th 2015) was the first to have sold out. The 4 day tickets sold out about a week before the show and Saturday tickets sold out the day before or on the first day of the show.

Celebration London 2016 (July 15th-17th 2016) had sold out of 3 day tickets on July 27th 2015 immediately followed by Saturday tickets being sold out later same day. On November 20th all single day tickets was sold out though additional single day tickets was released on January 14th 2016.

Celebration Orlando 2017 (April 13th-16th 2017) had sold out of 4 day tickets on December 22nd 2016 and Saturday tickets sold out April 6th 2017.

Valency Jane likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think at most a few days.

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The VIP tickets go within seconds of being released.

23. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    Star Wars Land has just been anounced for DisneyLand Paris!
    i'd love to have a Celebration there

CaptainRegor likes this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN Main has addressed some of the rumors. Their take is early 2019 in Anaheim. Hit the link to see the story..

firesaber and jawajames like this.
  25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I saw that yesterday. I got excited and then realized they're just speculating the way we have.