main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    You'll get the little reports of directors and actors being hired. Locations being scouted.

But they won't say anything until they have a few pretty pictures to show.

If they came out today and said, "it's the story of an orphaned girl who discovers that...." and then over the next year the story mutates into something else, as the stories for both TFA and Rogue One did, that would be a bit dumb.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    But we haven't seen Episode 9 yet how do we know the ST wasn't well planed out? or that it wont look better once it is seen in full and we know the whole story.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The top creatives have said several times that there is no plan to the ST, it's up to each director to take the story forward. The only thing that might be set in stone is Rey's ending, I think I remember Abrams mentioning that years ago.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Star Wars fans in a nutshell.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I have personally never heard that said by a Lucasfilm Employee you may be right, Do you have a link to an article where a Lucasfilm Employee says that they have no plan for how the story will go in the ST? As has been brought up earlier in the thread there really wasn't a plan to how the OT was going to go Lucas didn't even no if ANH would be profitable and if there would be sequels. or how about the fact Lucas had no idea Vader was Luke's Father or that Luke and Leia were sister and brother. you don't have to always plan it all out just look at the Toy Story Series that wasn't planed out it wasn't even supposed to be a series of movies Yet IMHO It just might be one of the best Trilogies soon to be 4 movies. I will stress again before seeing Episode 9 we should try not to pre judge weather It all fits together or not I have Faith Abrams will be the closer and end this on a really high note. I happen to love TLJ and from what I read In this message board I think most people like TLJ a lot!

This Is about The Game Of Thrones Guys Directing The New series I disagree with the main guy in the podcast who thinks Rian Johnsons Series will be scrapped I think only people who don't like TLJ say this because they are hoping It Is true.,

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    No links but it has been said plenty of times. There is no plan.

That was unwatchable, the main guy is a fool and when the Filoni-hat woman started bleating on about diversity I pulled the plug.

7. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    As long as GOT writers don't make it about evil people and slavery... Please don't do that.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I actually agreed with her on Diversity It would be nice to see more women hired and minorities and the woman with the hat works for www.StarWars.com
    I still think even if it is true that they didn't plan the ST out it doesn't matter for the quality as I brought up and others have brought up a lot of Trilogies and series weren't planned out How about Toy Story or Back To The Future and that is just a couple there are so many more. I think the Majority of Star Wars Fans enjoy and really like what Disney has put out there for Star Wars movies so Disney/Lucasfilm Is doing something right.

9. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    If Carrie fisher asked for space jewelry in TLJ, then I'd imagine her take on this to say these future movies would need more space nudity and space dragons.

10. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    My theory is that this trilogy will be the Old Republic and Rian's trilogy will be in the far future

kalzeth likes this.
  11. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    No surprise with all these trilogy announcements. Disney doesn't want to sit on Star Wars for ten years between trilogies the way GL used to. $$$

12. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Exactly. And while one or two films per year maybe feel like overkill, I feels that's more to do with hype and anticipation over any kind of storytelling quality TBH. So long as the stories continue to be entertaining and compelling, great. And I'm sure Disney is OK with lesser box office more often than a bigger smash every two/ three years.

13. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    And, frankly, it seems that fans are never happy.
    After ROTS: "Why no more films?" *cries*
    Now: "Why so many announcements?" *fumes*

Just relax and enjoy the many possibilities that are opening up. In the end, it's only entertainment, and no one is forcing anybody to go watch the new movies. Of course, we'd all prefer high-quality results, but it's not the end of the world if some entries in the series aren't quite up to par.

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Personally speaking I’ve enjoyed the bulk of the Marvel movies and they crank out two or three of those a year! Star Wars could do that too.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm expecting this trilogy in 5-7 years. Y'all are crazy for expecting news right this second.

16. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Nobody expects it this very second. But I bet it'll still come out sooner than The Winds of Winter. :p

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  17. ChozenOne

ChozenOne Jedi Master

Sep 20, 2004
    I think I want the Winds of Winter more than Solo, GoT season 8, and Episode IX combined. Hopefully I'll get it sooner than that, but I'm not holding out much hope. 7 years and counting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That hurts, you know. That hurts.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  19. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I really do. Seven years and counting. [face_waiting]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Gamma626 likes this.
  20. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    One request, don't make the main villain in this new series a Darth Vader knock off.

wobbits likes this.
  21. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    LOL! :p The sad thing is, you are probably right. :mad:

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Isn't there alot of that not only in Star Wars, but every fantasy and Science Fiction franchise?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  23. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Or Rian Johnson's trilogy might just in the unknown Regions in Galaxy regardless of the timeline.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  24. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I'd love to see the Chiss in live action

kalzeth likes this.
  25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I would watch the **** out of a series of movies detailing the rise and fall of the Sith!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.