main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Blu-Ray/DVD (US dates: March 13th Digital and March 27th Blu-Ray/DVD)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diego Lucas, Dec 18, 2017.

1. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    I beg your pardon? I was content to make my comment and move on, but someone asked me a question, so I answered it. If you've got a problem with that, take it to a mod.

MasterPrince713 likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    People are free to explain why they will buy the movie here without you accusing them of bashing. Enjoy your time off.

3. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    It is your money though... anyhow, I'm intrigued by the idea that a second viewing may alleviate some of your hate towards the movie. What can I say, I'm an optimist. ;)

4. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    And it might. I mean, I want to be fair. If I like it better the second time, I will say so.

EDIT: I mean, we are talking about buying it so I can have it for the rest of my life. It would be silly for me to rent it once and then look it up online or something when I can just buy it have it forever. If I think I ever want to see a movie again more than once, I just buy the thing and get it over with. I usually wait until the price comes down. I'm old-school; I don't like digital. I like to have the physical movie/album/book on my shelf.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  5. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I too am waiting for blu Ray for second viewing....I'm hoping it sits better with me than my first impression.
    I want it for my collection regardless

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    SaintKenobi1322 likes this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Each to their own, obviously, for anyone prepared to go into a second viewing with a genuinely open mind, I recommend reading some of the positive takes analysis on the film before doing so. Better to go in with an eye on what the film's fans are seeing, and seeing if that makes a difference rather than going in full on hate-watch/ sceptic mode. If you still hate/ dislike it, then no loss. If on the other hand you can see more of the positives then that can only be a good thing.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Added dates to the thread title. [face_dancing]

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll be buying both the digital and the Target version. And probably the steelbook too. And the Wal-Mart version. And any other version I haven't mentioned yet. :p

jaqen, burg2774, Satipo and 1 other person like this.
  9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

TX-20, jaqen, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.
  10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    TX-20, Encuentro, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.
  11. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Hopefully it’s as good as “The Beginning”.

my kind of scum and Guidman like this.
  12. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    4K is great... but HDR is absolutely game changingly amazing.

13. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    4K is great... but HDR is absolutely game changingly amazing.

14. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    One thing that i note that they didn't make a little documentary or video about Leia, i miss a tribute for Carrie with the actors of the movie talking about her...

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  15. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I love the present. Not just that the home theatre quality experience is SOOOOOO much better then what I had as a kid with VHS but even just that the wait has been reduced so much. The waits for big VHS releases used to be brutal. I still have multiple VHS and DVD versions of Star Wars along with Blu-Ray. Someday I’ll move to 4K but have to prioritize other things first.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  16. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Digital and 4k release for me.Ive waited forever for Disney to release star wars in 4k Atmos and it cant het her soon enough.

17. burg2774

burg2774 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008

18. burg2774

Sep 1, 2008
    =D=[face_laugh]

On a serious note I have grown to prefer the Steel Book versions, but do apprentice the convenience of the digital copy when I can access it. The film has grown on me after a second viewing in the theater, and reading some of the analysis by other fans, blogs, articles, etc. I'm happily anxious to watch it on Blu-ray.

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  19. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I’ve never done the digital download thing. Do they physically send you anything ever or is it file-based only? How big are the 1080p Blu-ray files for something like that? Do you get all the bonus features, too? Does PlayStation 3 play it?

Sorry for the dumb questions. Just never gone that route but 2 weeks early is tempting.

20. burg2774

Sep 1, 2008
    =D=[face_laugh]

On a serious not I have grown to prefer the Steel Book versions, but do apprentice the convenience the digital copy when I can access it. The film has grown on me after a second viewing in the theater and reading some of the analysis by other fans, blogs, articles, etc. I'm happily anxious to watch it on Blu-ray.
    The Digital copy is redeemed via an online service like Movies Anywhere or VUDU. Most hard copies are now sold with a code for the digital copy or you can buy digital access through a provider such as Amazon or the other services I listed. You then create an account or use an existing one to access the content, and add to your collection as you want.

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Geeze, I waited 24 hours since the announcement and the Best Buy Steelbook Blu Rays in Canada were already sold out online. I know they go like hotcakes but damn.

For the TFA steelbook I showed up at, like, 4:30 PM and they were already sold out but the guy said the steelbooks were there till at least 3 PM. So definitely by 3:30 PM going to be at Best Buy.

22. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I can get that. Personally, I do sometimes get movies or books I'm not wild about if they're part of a series that I like overall and will read/watch them in marathons, given that experiencing the overall story generally outweighs the stuff I don't like. (Now, if I really hated the installment in question, I might reconsider; despite being a Spider-Man fan and getting into comics, I don't read current Amazing Spider-Man stuff, since it's extremely far removed from the kind of Spidey that I know and love).

Heck yeah! I want to actually own a copy I can put on my shelf. Digital is only good as a perk for getting the discs.

23. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm never one to rush out and get even my favorite films on home media. To give perspective I just got 1-7 on Blu Ray, and only because my wife and best friend gifted them to me for Christmas.

But I am so, so excited to get this. I haven't been this stoked to have Star Wars on home media since the Special Editions dropped.

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Me too... I made a full transition to digital years ago for music, but for movies I don’t really feel like I truly own them unless I have the Blu-Ray or DVD sitting on my shelf. I want the physical case, the discs, the art, the liner notes, etc.

SaintKenobi1322 likes this.
  25. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I imagine a tribute to her will be a big part of the main documentary.

jaqen likes this.