main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What in Star Wars have you done a complete 180 on...?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Avnar, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Just curious...

What character/planet/weapon/ship/name/design etc were you sure you would HATE when you first saw it/heard it but then ended up loving it?? We'll go from negative to positive! :cool:

For me? A few come to mind...

Kylo Rens lightsaber - I thought "Good lord - What a ridiculous design!" and now I have come to the conclusion it may be the best of the lot...sound and look! :kylosaber:

Chirrut and Baze - I thought "They are only in the film to try and win over the Chinese market" but after seeing the film I thought they were fantastic. I actually found Chirrut more interesting as a force sensitive character than 99% of the Jedi portrayed thus far. Good job! =D=

Yours?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have one where I went from a positive to a negative. I really liked Ahsoka’s character in the first two seasons, but when it came time for season 3 and beyond her character just became to much of a favorite of the creators. Also her personality to me did not seem as likable.

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Ezra in Rebels. I used to find him really annoying but I don't mind him now.

ThisIsMe1138 and teamhansolo like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I know people did not like him in the beginning, but I never thought it was as much as people disliked Ahsoka.

5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Personally I've liked Ahsoka since she first appeared but with Ezra in the first 2 seasons at least it seemed that he made a load of wise cracks that weren't funny but as he matured from Season 3 onwards he's become more likeable to me.

After recently watching S1 of Rebels again for the first time since they originally aired though I appreciate the humour more because it's a nice contrast to the darker tone of S4.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I loved Ahsoka in seasons 1-2, hated her in seasons 3-5, and don’t mind her in Rebels. I rather enjoyed the book about her.

As far as a complete 180, about 15 years ago I hated the PT Jedi because I thought they had done wrong by Anakin. I like them now, and think Anakin should have been more appreciative of what they offered him, despite the fact that they were too dogmatic.

7. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

The oversized helmets of the Imperial Senate Guards defending Princess Leia. My first impression back in 1978 was [face_sick] but ever since my attitude has become this [face_love]

8. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I've had an up and down relationship with the PT over the years. When I first saw them, I really liked them but since I was so young I couldn't really understand all of the intricacies of the plot. As I got older, I started adopting the Internet culture perspective of the movies and even watched the RLM reviews.

A few years after that little stage, I rewatched the movies on Blu-Ray and absolutely loved them!

To be honest, other than that, my feelings on the movies, the shows, and everything else have stayed pretty consistent. I never hated Ahsoka but that might just be because I was quite young when TCW first aired. Ezra, on the other hand...no comment.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  9. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    Hated TCW and Rebels at first but after giving them another shot, both get better the more I watch them.

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I pull a 180 on the PT every, like, four or five days. "I hate Jar Jar and the romance!" "But I love the themes and story!" "But the designs don't look or feel like Star Wars!" "But the designs are gorgeous and imaginative in their own right!" "But the narrative is ultimately superfluous since it's all backstory!" "But the narrative adds invaluable context that deepens the originals!"

And on and on it goes.

11. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I really dislike TCW at first. I was a massive fan of the multimedia project era of the clone wars, so I was against TCW on a lot of things. As time went on I gave it a chance and now I adore it. In terms of the reverse I guess I have begun to turn on the FO troop transports as time has went on

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ahsoka and Ventress. I went from hoping they would both finish each other off, to crying when their Ahsoka left and Ventress's final fate was revealed.

13. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    BB8 for me,

liked him/her in TFA

too OTT in TLJ

Jedi Daniel, Emperor Ferus and Avnar like this.
  14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I was very iffy about moving on with a fully CG Yoda, but now I find the puppet and its lack of facial expressiveness hard to go back to.

15. KerkKorpil

KerkKorpil Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2016
    The Manga. I was a loudmouth teen when it came up and I said it was sacrilegious and horrendous. It is being released for the first time in Mexico and I’m buying it religiously.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

16. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I use to like the rebels. Now I don't like the Rebellion.

I use to hate Vader being Luke's father. Now I like it.

I don't like the PT jedi anymore, but I use to think the Jedi were cool.

17. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Utter heresy! :)

For me it would be the "swing a cat" and hit a force user we've gotten with Rebels. Seemed cool at first but I'm still trying to work out where the story will tie up these ends. I flip flopped again when I realized the old EU had the Emperors Hands, so..... (Edit as I also recalled a version of this in late entry EU books-Inquisitorious)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Sarge likes this.
  18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Surprisingly, I never found Vader much of a badass, but then I saw Rogue One and that completely changed my mind. Now I think he’s awesome.

I always liked Luke, but I never felt anything more than that, but then I saw The Last Jedi and I think he’s amazing. It gave a lot more to his character.

I never found Sabine that interesting in the first couple seasons of Rebels, but after the last two seasons I’ve been loving her more and more.

R2-D2 used to be in my top 3 favourite characters, but as time’s gone on he’s just dropped out of my top 20. I still love him though, but just not as much as I used to.

I never thought much of Kallus, Tarkin and Hux, but that changed after seeing them in other films and seasons of shows.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Merrin likes this.
  19. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    It had to be Ezra for me, I didn't hate him but felt his stance with the fans was weak, then he grew and boy did he grow. He's now so awesome and extremely powerful for his age, he's decent in dueling and seems to be stronger with the force than most.. He would've made one bad ass Jedi back in the day.

20. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    I've done a 360.

Vader was awesone in OT.

Frankenstein Vader was a fail in ROTS for me. Padme..noooooo. Couldn't believe it. Sonehow they succeeded in making Vader lame in that movie.

Vader was Meh in R1.

But then that glorious scene in the corridor...

Full 360! ^:)^

Steve McGarrett and Sarge like this.
  21. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012
    When I first saw TPM I thought Qui-Gon was an awesome character. Now that I look back on it I realise that this is down to Liam's acting and the presence he brings to the part....but actually I now view Qui-Gon as a religious fanatic - totally driven by a sense of personal inner knowledge and a sense of mission - far away from my expectations of a Jedi from the OT

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's funny; that's exactly why I like QGJ, and what I expected of Jedi from the OT. Certain points of view, right?

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    When TPM first came out I was so disappointed. It just didn't live up to my expectations. Now I love the film! Jar Jar doesn't even bother me as much as he once did. :p

24. Darth Voorhees

Darth Voorhees Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2017
    Jar Jar Will ALWAYS bother me.

firesaber likes this.
  25. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    You get used to the Jester of that film in someways.

devilinthedetails likes this.