main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Time Period/Era For New Film Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 21, 2018.

?

When do you think the new films will be set

1. Before ANH and after ROTS - Weiss/Benioff

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  2. Before TPM- Weiss/Benioff

100 vote(s)
    64.9%
  3. After ROTJ and before TFA- Weiss/Benioff

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. After IX- Weiss/Benioff

12 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Before ANH and after ROTS- RJ trilogy

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Before TPM- RJ Trilogy

29 vote(s)
    18.8%
  7. After ROTJ and before TFA- RJ trilogy

11 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. After IX- RJ trilogy

68 vote(s)
    44.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There is also the possibility that he may want to do another non Star Wars film before filming these.

2. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    It would not surprise me if both series of films were set between ROTJ and TFA. It's a period that is largely unexplored with a lot of space to move in multiple directions.

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I voted for before TPM, but I want all eras of the Stars Wars explored including the prequel trilogy era. But of course thats going to happen in the far future.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that would be better saved for the spinoff films.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I want to see something between ROTS and ANH and after ROTJ before TFA.

Avnar likes this.
  6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Right now I'm thinking both will be pre-TPM with RJ taking on the origins of the Jedi (and Sith) in his trilogy (building on ideas and 1st temple/Prime Jedi stuff from TLJ) whilst B&W will take on the more traditional KOTOR era of the Old Republic.

That said, the standard KOTOR era could work so well as a series so if that's the TV series then maybe one of the series will be post-IX...

7. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Before TPM please... I also really want Old Republic... the movies they could create..

8. Revan's Revenge

Revan's Revenge Jedi Knight

Dec 27, 2017
    I am really hoping they go Old Republic era for Weiss/Benioff.

Malachor is canon. Revan is nearly canon. This is one piece of the old EU that is universally loved, with unlimited story potential. It doesn't "interfere" with anything else Disney is doing. Make it happen.

For RJ, I think it will almost have to be post-IX, with a small chance of in-between-quels setting up the various players between ROTJ and TFA.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I would love to see before ANH and after ROTS.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Avnar like this.
  10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    We've had two spin-off films (three if they actually make Obi-Wan) and one animated series in that time period already. As much as I love the Dark Times, I'd rather see both the D&D series and the Johnson trilogy tackle time periods and/or narratives that are far disconnected from the Skywalker Saga.

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Please make one or more of these happen in some fashion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or just give us this as its own anthology:

[​IMG]

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A trilogy set after the time Lando turns up at Jabba's Palace, but before R2 and 3PO arrive.

But set on Coruscant.

13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It could be a “My Dinner with Andre” type of thing but even longer and slower.

Siphonophore likes this.
  14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Old republic all the way please.

I would be interested in seeing a timeframe taking place like hundreds of years after Episode IX though...all the stuff we saw in the saga could be portrayed as legends or ancient history.

15. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Anyone considered a Pre Republic movies and TV shows before The Old Republic, 35,000 years before TPM? I would be down for that, just imagine.:eek: ^:)^

darklordoftech and dekaneas like this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I hope that if we ever see a post-IX story, it isn't a return to the Old Republic status quo.
    I loved how Dawn of the Jedi had an order of neutral Force-users that splits into the Jedi and Sith, and I loved how Knight Errant showed the final days of the pre-Rule of Two Sith. I don't want Bane's guyliner to be anywhere near the Canon universe, especially when you consider how little sense it makes for a secretive order to tattoo themselves. Seeing Sith armor evolve into what Vader wears over time would be cool. If they canonize the Sith being founded by an Umbaran, maybe they could make him/her an ancestor of Sly Moore, the implication being that Moore wants to make her ancestor's vision come true. Above all, if they canonize Bane being the cause of the extinction of the pre-Rule of Two Sith (like in Path of Destruction) rather than a survivor, I will never give another $ to Lucasfilm.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Voltron64 likes this.
  17. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Almost every star wars timeline with has losts possibility of era to explore, and you can do hundreds of stories within each era.

I gotta say this a great time to be a star wars fan, as well as harry potter and middle earth too.:eek: ^:)^

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If they make movies set long before or after I-IX, maybe they could establish the existence of multiple "Sagas", each of which is made of "Episodes".

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Bane’s TCW spirit armor was fantastic. I would love to see a film with him wearing something along those lines. That would be great.

20. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Yes!!! I see this going forward!!

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    I think it is better if they just drop the numbering thing. It could cause a lot of confussion, and I think it was never a good idea to begin with.

22. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I'd actually love to see a film set between ESB and RotJ. Shadows of the Empire remains my favorite "legends" story -- it would be awesome to see it as the basis for a film or series...start with Dash Rendar's take of the Battle of Hoth and diverge from there. Never gonna happen though.

GregMcP likes this.
  23. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I do like the idea of a movie that starts with Hoth, but then a different escaping spaceship flies off to different adventures.

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Thousands of years and a whole Galaxy to play with.....

[​IMG]

25. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Okay.
    One series will be set in the Old Republic, and the other set after Episode 9.

There. Have I posted an original idea now?