main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello there!- Introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Afaith1192, Feb 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afaith1192

Afaith1192 Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2018
    Well, this is the usual introduction thread. My name is Jane, I am 25 years old and SW has been part of my life since I was about 5 or 4.
    I am an avid reader ( read most of the EU novels) my favorite books were the ones featuring Qui Gon and Obi Wan prior to Anakin's appearance and I don't care what disney says, those are still canon to me <3.
    I also like to write so I've done some SW fanfictions. I hope to find some friends with similar likes with whom I can discuss since, believe it or not, most of my friends are not that into SW or they just like the new movies -3-

2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Hey there, fellow fan fiction writer. Welcome to the forums!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello!!! If you ever want to read/write fanfictions, you will find some amazing stuff there. Totally. Legends is also where it's at for me, particularly featuring Zahn's novels. L/M and Thrawn =P~ are my favorite characters. Like the Rebels crew too: Hera, Kanan, Ezra, etc. [face_mischief]

Tython Awakening and Afaith1192 like this.
  4. Afaith1192

Feb 26, 2018
    Awww that's nice. I will make sure to take a look. I haven't seen much of rebels, mostly because of time and because it isn't quite available in my area and I must search online to watched. I remember watching clone wars when I was a kid....and I totally loved it.

5. Afaith1192

Feb 26, 2018
    Thank you! I hope to find people to share ideas and stuff :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  7. Afaith1192

Feb 26, 2018
    Thank you for your warm welcome :)

Tython Awakening likes this.
  8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    What kind of fanfiction do you write? I notice that you said you read most of the Legends novels, what are your favorites? I am a Thrawn fan and I write pro-Imperial romances.

9. Afaith1192

Feb 26, 2018
    I don't have an specific genre. I mostly write what I get inspired about lol. Currently I am working on Qui Gon/ Obi Wan adventure typestory.
    I read Thrawn a long time ago. I like it it was part of my childhood ,it's good to have different point of views all the time. I have read all the saga I jedi apprentice, jedi quest and legacy of the jedi by Jude watson, also the hive and cestus of deception from Steven barnes, Darth bane among others lol

10. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Hello @Afaith1192 !

There are a lot of people on these boards who think similar to you. You are amongst "Star Wars friends" as Dark Horse Editor Randy Stradely used to say on the DH message boards.

Afaith1192 likes this.
  11. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there Jane and welcome to the forums from another SW fan fiction writer :)

Afaith1192 likes this.
  12. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!! As everyone has said, there is a great fan fiction community here and I’m sure you’ll fit right in!!

Afaith1192 likes this.
  13. Afaith1192

Feb 26, 2018
    Glad to know there people who think the same....
    Disney can do whatever the want, but those novels and comics are canon for me and will always be :)

Tython Awakening likes this.
  14. Afaith1192

Feb 26, 2018
    Yay! Nice to meet you. I am still getting used to the site; but I will go check those works as soon as I get the chance and I figure how lol

Kyber Acyk and Tython Awakening like this.
  15. Afaith1192

Feb 26, 2018
    Thank you! I hope so. I am a little anxious since other fandoms I've been in are sometimes mean to fanfiction writers :c. I will go check the fanfiction section as soon as I can!

Halle Dray and Tython Awakening like this.
  16. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    @Afaith1192

Same here, they will always be canon to me for numerous reasons. It is the level of collaborating across multi-media, synching projects across comics, novels, short stories, RPGs, video games, MMOs, and guidebooks...and timeline building (!). [whew, out of breath]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome @Afaith1192 to the forums. Please use the edit feature at the bottom of your posts to add more content to a original post rather than posting multiple consecutive times.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  18. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! I think you’ll enjoy our fan fiction boards. :) Also, stop by the EU boards when you have a few minutes.

Afaith1192 likes this.
  19. Afaith1192

Feb 26, 2018
    Thank you for telling me. I didn't realize I had posted something like that o_O. Sorry for the inconvenience

20. Afaith1192

Feb 26, 2018
    Thank, I will take a look around! It's nice to find people to talk about it

Lady Belligerent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.