main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Abortion: Why not?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba Nekhbet, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Nobody was bashed. A mod's actions were questioned--that happens.

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    also questioning a mod's actions guaranteed to be more productive than the least productive thing you can do on the JCC, which is discuss abortion.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're doing a disservice to numerous threads.

4. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Come now, you don't really think discussing abortion is less productive than prequel basher/gusher arguments.

5. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    If this highly unique patient in "surprise" labor already has an established relationship with her abortion doctor why hasn't she already taken care of her decision before 23 weeks?

I don't claim to know whats best in these unfortunate situations. There is no judgment.

6. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    I agree this would be a highly unique situation. Glad we're on the same page on that front. Although I'm not sure why the quotes around "surprise."

The answer to your question is state-mandated waiting periods.

7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    there are places where it's more productive, sure. But not here.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    All labor other than induced is "surprise," isn't it?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Only in the timing. Indeed, sometimes its a happy "surprise". Labor is sure to follow pregnancy.

10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, thanks for breaking that down for me.

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  11. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Do they have those in every state? How long are they?

12. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    It varies. Among the many problems with this video, we don't know what state it was filmed in. However, considering the way the conversations went and the fact that they were discussing a future procedure, we can assume there was one in play in this case.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    That headline is obnoxiously huge and bold.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    That's to match the statement itself.

16. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Amazing how he is utterly blind to the fact that a solid majority of Americans support keeping abortion legal. But when has that mattered to him or anybody else in the Trump administration?

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As half a sentence, with the other half being “...because we will have birth control that is readily available to everyone, regardless of ability to pay or accessibility to a health clinic, and 99.9 to 100 percent effective, and because every single teenager and pre-teen will receive fully comprehensive sex education”...it’s not a bad statement.

Or, as half a sentence with the other half being “...because unplanned pregnancies in the US will end in our time,” it’s perfect.

But somehow I think he meant something more on the Handmaid’s Tale spectrum than that.

18. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    But but all those precious little eggs and sperm that will now be given a chance to unite!

19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Can someone please abort him and of this earth?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Remember when @STARBOB told us he didn't want to ban all abortions?

The sanctity of life, eh?

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    At this point, it would be easier to list the issues that the Trump administration hasn't split with the American public on. He broke with the majority of Americans on the tax cuts, repealing Obamacare, gun control . . . hell, when he moved into the White House, almost two-thirds of Americans disagreed with that.

Remember that great quote from that French politician back in the 1800s? "There go the people. And I must follow them because I am their leader." Trump doesn't. Maybe no Republican does at the moment.

Vaderize03 and Juliet316 like this.
  22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    What a lovely place America is turning out to be

23. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I like how "sanctity of life" is a term nitwits like Pence can throw around while ignoring the fact that mass shootings are a ****ing epidemic in this country...where the lives being taken belong to people who've established a personality and an identity because they've become products of their environments.

Edit: Too soon? Maybe it's not time to discuss this yet.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah. Just send Pence a truckload of thoughts and prayers.

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I assume ol' Pence supports capital punishment, too? A common trait among the pro-life crowd.