main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Last Shot by Daniel Jose Older (Out on Apr 17, 2018)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 16, 2018.

1. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Mind your heresy :)

I'm all in for this book. Very interested in knowing what Lando was up to at least post ROTJ. I've yet to forgive the ST for their utter lack of Lando.

2. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Bloodline (5/6 years before TFA) showed that Lando still talk with Han and Leia (he sent some messages to her). I think Lucasfilm could bring Lando in the ST, especially when Lando has experiences enough to help the Resistance

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I wasn't intrigued, but now I am after reading the excerpt. It sounds like this book starts with 2 year old baby Ben and then probably has to flash back to why Lando is upset or maybe not. How much of this book will take place in the "present" time frame and how much will flash back to an event earlier? The cover made me think it was a story about them when younger and maybe it could be and how it relates to "present" circumstances, right?

4. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    How about a Luke and Han novel and a Han,Leia and Ben novel after this?

5. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
  6. UnshavenWookie14

UnshavenWookie14 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2017
    I wonder where Del Rey will place this on their timeline since it takes place in three time periods.

Not that this is critical to the story itself, just curious where it’ll fit on my shelf haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Post ROTJ. That's where it makes the most sense to be.

8. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Gonna be cool to read this :).. Always wanted to see more of these two in books. And now a personal book to ride with Solo. Awesome

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm all about the New Republic Pilots Commission. I'm also curious where the capital is 2+ years after Jakku. Still on Nakadia? Or did it move again?

Oh, plus all the Han & Lando adventures. I'm looking forward to that too. :p

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth and nancipants like this.
  10. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I find it ridiculous that the New Republic rotates their capital yearly. It would take six months to get their offices in order and then six months to decide on the next capital.

If anything it should be voted on every three-four years.

BobaMatt likes this.
  11. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    It wouldn't take that long to get their offices in order if their offices are on ships. Ones that can just pack up and leave whenever the capital changes. A mobile bureaucracy.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

12. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I read the excerpt on StarWars.com and I didn't like it. I didn't like the writing style, though Han with his toddler son reminded me of some of my earliest memories of my father. Anyways, I don't like Lando coming to the door and punching Han in the face. Its a crappy way to move the story along. Lando wouldn't do that, even if he was mad. Also, Han's door has a doorknob. What the heck? A doorknob....come on. Does he have a butter churn in the kitchen as well?

13. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I'm really interested in read this book

14. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    This is so cool. I'll need to preorder this right away. I guess this is our Journey book of sorts in a way. It is cool though in its variety. I mean this is really a great idea. I think something with Luke could be done in a SIMILAR nature. Regardless I can't wait.

15. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Really looking forward to this book!

16. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I preordered this last night along w/Most Wanted. Both should be cool.

17. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm gonna read it, but I have a bad feeling about this........

18. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Ewok slicer prodigy.....seriously? o_O

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  19. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013

A certain word sticks out to me as not Star Warsy if that makes sense but I like those covers with the different looks of the Falcon.

20. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Curious, What word is that?

21. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Love the covers, I'll probably display mine with the Han one, since he's my favorite character, but the Lando cover looks very good as well.
    Can't wait for the Post-ROTJ content in the book, so far my favorite novels from the New Canon are set in this era.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  22. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    "In fact he looked downright Pissed".

I guess it's because I've gotten so used to SW books having stuff like "he looked as angry as a starving Rancor" (probably not the best example I could come up with but Legends especially had a lot of sentences like that) over the years that seeing something being described so bluntly suprised me.

Sorry if I'm coming off as being nitpicky, I'm still really looking forward to reading the book this just caught me off guard a little.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Sarge likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think one or two of the old EU books used pissed off. I'm decently sure an Aftermath book used it, and maybe a few other books as well.

It's not too far removed from some other "earthly" phrases utilized in SW, IMO.

24. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    After some quick research using Google I found the phrase appeared in Crucible.

25. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    As long as nobody says "totes", "bae", or "adorbs", it should be all right.