main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Mellow, Meaningful, and Tender Remembrances. OCs & ECs, Ongoing Ficlet Series.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Your little snippets are like poems themselves, and especially as they tie in to poetry. A sort of Star Wars haiku, with inspirations from all over. And it is the little gestures you pick up on and present; the subtlest things that reveal love between partners.

=D=

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_blush] [:D] :) Thank you. These pairings are a delight to explore. Their growth as individuals and couples is an endless fascination. @};-

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    There is not much to add to a perfect description with that. =D= Sweet as usual.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Calista=P~ Luke's love was Mara and for Mare it's Luke. And loved the poem

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This one is especially for @Mistress_Renata [face_batting] [:D]

~~~~!!
    Wedge was having a really frustrating day. Too much bureaucracy, not enough flying. He missed being a Rogue. Being a General wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Meetings and memos, yadayadayada.
    His Corellian blood yearned for movement, action!

He understood why Han Solo had resigned and was glad of it when he turned in his "walking papers."

Wedge found a delight in holding his firstborn daughter, Myri. She was gorgeous, and the first time her blue-gray eyes locked onto his, his heart was stolen, for good and sure.
    "We make lovely babies." He told his wife, Iella.

"That we do, Flyboy." She answered with profound contentment.

++++

[face_laugh]
    "Flyboy" now that is a term of endearment across canons it would seem [face_mischief] 8-}

brodiew, Kahara, AzureAngel2 and 4 others like this.
  6. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I don't know how I missed the Marzra moment, but I think the the Force was saving it for me to find today [face_love] Thank you, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha this is so cute and sweet, so them! I needed this after the past couple days when I've been wondering about canon and how it affects my little Marzra-verse.
    And they keep on having adventures, and the Force still sings for them. (And I think you'll be very happy with the latest adventure :D)

Thank you again! Your enthusiasm for these two always warms my heart, especially today!

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay, I'm finally here to leave a review on this thread because... better late than never, I guess [face_blush]

I love what you did with Leia in the first two entries. First we see her as a young senator, taking advice from her parents. At this point she's not in charge yet, they are still pulling the strings of the Rebellion. And then we see her again as a grown woman and a leader, and she's a bit too much in charge – as in, being in charge has taken over her life. The dream of Han disappearing was particularly vivid, and this was a great mini-prequel to your recent OTP challenge story.

I also loved the moments you chose to revisit from divapilot's and Raissa Baiard's stories. Mirany seeing Kash for the first time, Bree and Blue's happily ever after, the Force singing for Mara and Ezra's first kiss. These were all particularly memorable moments, that we remember as readers while the characters themselves remember them fondly in-universe.

As for Thrawn/Ayesha, what can I say? Your mind and mine must be in sync! You wrote this long before I ever got started on Awakenings, and yet all the themes are there already. [face_love]

And your L/M ficlet... Jeez, the Legends books took a long detour to say something that you summed up so perfectly. It was a great little insight at how they work past the distance between them.

It's so good to see Wedge here, and in a sweet family moment no less! The mood prevailing in Team Pentasweets made me laugh out loud at the word "flyboy", of course. Plus,
    I see what you did there ;)

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So CHUFFED to hear that & what you posted in the Scribble Pad. [face_dancing] Followed by :D Ezra getting his priorities straight. [face_love]

___

Thanks! :) I adored finding moments that would stand out for the characters and readers both because they were those where they grew as persons and /or as a couple. @};-
    Thrawn/Ayesha -- they are indeed a pairing that have had their struggles and their triumphs. [face_love]
    L/M's journey is a fascinating one but very yummy in how it turned out.
    For Wedge, I just knew he would chafe at what any and all do in RL, long-winded bureaucratic nonsense. :p And to contrast that with a moment of sheer contentment. :)

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    delight for Wedge with his daughter making 'bureocracy' bearable or not[face_mischief]

10. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    That was just what I needed after a bad week, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha! Adorable, and the idea of finding a way to take joy out of something after piles of frustration mount up. And yes, the desire for action would only add to Wedge's woes.
    Anything can be an endearment, depending on how you say it! Which makes us now watch ANH's escape scene with new eyes... :leia::han:

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Would you be courageous enough to have a try on Nagina and Lor San Tekka? [face_blush]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I would adore it!! And I have just the poem for them. [:D] !!!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Poem? Oh, now I am curious.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Focus: Nagina/Lor San Tekka as requested by @AzureAngel2
    Poem #6 from the Poetry Inspiration Challenge was:
    “The Rhodora,” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
    On being asked, whence is the flower.

In May, when sea-winds pierced our solitudes,
    I found the fresh Rhodora in the woods,
    Spreading its leafless blooms in a damp nook,
    To please the desert and the sluggish brook.
    The purple petals fallen in the pool
    Made the black water with their beauty gay;
    Here might the red-bird come his plumes to cool,
    And court the flower that cheapens his array.
    Rhodora! if the sages ask thee why
    This charm is wasted on the earth and sky,
    Tell them, dear, that, if eyes were made for seeing,
    Then beauty is its own excuse for Being;
    Why thou wert there, O rival of the rose!
    I never thought to ask; I never knew;
    But in my simple ignorance suppose
    The self-same power that brought me there, brought you.

Lor recalled with deep fondness the first meeting he had had with Nagina. He was impressed by her gardening skills and the way she could make anything grow. The profusion of colorful blooms accentuated her garden and their table at mealtimes.

He forebore to buy her store-bought flowers during romantic evenings when she could grow them better and more luxuriantly.

When Lor thought about it, Nagina herself was like a blossom. She refreshed and brought a sense of tranquillity with the beauty of her inner self.

His warmth and intelligence was drawn inexorably to her own and they fit together like hand-in-glove.

They had not had many chances to be off to themselves what with the need for secrecy and discretion, and altogether their time together had been brief and tragically cut short; but even knowing the end of things, he would not make a different choice. He merely cherished every second all the more and kept them safe in his memory like a bouquet of dried flowers.

++++

@};-

[:D]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Nice use of the poem here! Lor is a lot like the speaker of the poem, and Nagina is the rhodora flower he found growing by herself, hidden, in something like a dark corner of the galaxy, though she goes one better than Emerson's flower by being able to grow her own flowers with such skill and in such profusion. And given that this is Lor, I'm pretty sure I know what the "The self-same power that brought me there..." is: their meeting was not random but rather ordained by the Force. A beautiful little vignette of a relationship, and once again many thanks for being part of this challenge! @};-

16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Ralph Waldo Emerson suits them so perfectly.

17. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Agreed. :)

Whoa, lots to catch up with in this thread!

18. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Another beautiful, poetic entry @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (how do you DO this?), which perfectly suits the warm, gentle relationship of these two understated and rich characters. Every line was perfect, but this is my favorite:

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Renata thank you so much. [:D] @};- Azure's wonderfully engaging Nagina melds so well with the fascinating and compassionate Lor :cool:
    And this poem was indeed a great fit for her hobby and the symbolism. :)

Kahara, Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
  21. NobodyIX

NobodyIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2018
    It's touching how close these two characters are. Like the poem, they were brought together by the same power. Even though Lor knows the ending will be sad, he still cherishes the moment. The memories like dried flowers was beautiful.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @AzureAngel2 -- thanks for gracing us readers with such an endearing OC in Nagina @};- and @NobodyIX -- what a lovely review. Thanks. :)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Pairing this time is Doran & Raissa from @Raissa Baiard -- the events detailed here spin off and are a "missing scene" or other side of stuff happening in her "Teenage Rebellion."
    :D

~~~!

Raissa is excited at the prospect of actually meeting up with Mara again after months of her being away.
    She is of two minds as to whether to gently nudge Mara into coming home again or letting Mara decide -- what if she decides to stay with Ezra and the rest?
    Raissa is always concerned that some unforeseen attack or overwhelming threat will sweet Mara into its clutches.
    She knows Doran misses Mara as much as she does, but being outspoken about it is not a "guy thing."

She is unashamedly happy to have her two younger ones still at home.
    Annina is still at the "I love cuddling with Mommy" stage, for which Raissa is grateful.
    Nick grudgingly allows her affectionate quick hugs; he likes to put on the expression conveying "Mom I'm grown" but underneath she can tell he likes it anyway, still.

In a moment of thoughtfulness, Doran brings Raissa a bouquet of pink blooms as if it were Correllia's Sweetheart Day, the last one on which she and Doran danced on the lawn to their wedding song.

The card reads:
    "You are the heart of this family and never forget it."

He grins as she reads it, seeing her eyes glow with happiness. She is touched by the whole thing, by the gesture and the words.
    She impulsively hugs him in thanks and he kisses her softly.

Annina rushes in at that moment wanting to get a berry-pastry from the cooling unit and she says: "Aww! Sweet!"
    Her ever-faithful Tooka, following behind, gives a meeeow as if to say: Give me a bite of your snack, please!

Her parents separate from their hug with an indulgent laugh. Annina's exuberance brightens every mood.

Raissa puts the blooms in a vase and she and Doran join Annina in having a snack of pastry and cold moof-milk.

Later when they are in private, she confides in Doran her feelings about Mara coming home or staying where she is.

His reply of "You'll know when you see her." is frustrating but on reflection she realizes it's true. When she looks into her daughter's expressive green eyes, she'll know what Mara's heart-wish is.

+++++

:)

[face_love]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Kahara, Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and 3 others like this.
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You have this wonderful ability to take somebody else´s character and make it your own in a charming way! @};-

25. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Love this, especially seeing Annina being, well, Annina in it. [face_love]