main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Siphonophore, Demsa Aztor and jaqen like this.
  2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think it would have been a mistake to have Luke say he was coming with Rey. That shift in motivation is better left implied than explicit IMO. Otherwise you have a situation where he it looks like he's going back on his intent. Better that he doesn't make it clear, for me anyway. The thawing is better left as it is.

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    He shaved his beard off, but seems to be growing it back now....is that a big clue? Though if he's a Force-ghost i'd like to see him without a beard and with short hair, emphasizing how Anakin returned to his pre-Vader look.

4. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Maybe Mark is right and Luke is in a nudist colony. I hope we'll not see him then
    [​IMG]

Darth Smurf and Darth Nikean like this.
  5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Nude or nude not, there are no clothes.

LadySithLord and rorow1 like this.
  6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I am sure Luke knew where he was going and his sweater is already waiting for him there!

7. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    interesting...although he said he liked the beard now or something so you never know. Anyway he MUST know by now if he's in ep9 or not. Will Lucasfilm keep it a secret? Or officially announce he is or isnt part of the cast? Shooting is starting in less than 5 months, i'm really looking forward to learning if he's involved in any capacity. That kind of thing will leak i suppose...except if it's just for one or two cameo force ghost scenes?

8. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Luke oversees the final battle, watching all three of our heroes working together to end the threat of the First Order and it's Supreme Leader.

9. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Lol everyone wanted Luke to be like Gandalf the White but it ended up being Ahsoka

10. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Just saw this clip. Doesn't sound like MH will be back in any capacity. I could be wrong.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  11. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    Well, cant watch the clip, but if thats the case kills any interest I had in seeing the last movie. There's no reason for there not to be a Force ghost Luke. I mean, there seriously needs to be some kind of closure between both Luke and Rey and Luke and Kylo Ren. If that's the last we see of Luke, then they didn't need to include him at all.

12. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    He's no longer on the cast list for IMDB and it's not on his list of projects for the upcoming year.

13. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    MH did NOT say he will not be back. He said he doesn't know and will be #fine with 9.

It's actually kind of a spoiler to say if Luke will be back or not if you think about it. FG Yoda was kept a big secret.

14. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    Thats makes me feel better, as they still seen to be in the early stages of getting things together and I doubt the actors really know anything about the script at this point. And as you said, even if Mark did know he may not even be willing to say.

oncafar likes this.
  15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The odds of Mark Hamill not being in IX should be slim to say the least. TLJ made it very clear that he is supposed to be back, and I really can't imagine JJ Abrams just ignoring that and leaving him out entirely. Not only is he the only one of the big three who could appear, but story-wise it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to leave him out either.

16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Watching a fully enlightened force ghost Luke will be a joy to see.

I can still see them having Mark Hamill as the first billed in the credits though

17. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Is there a story behind that sweater?

18. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i know that JJ wouldn't have finished his script by end of TLJ shooting but I wonder if its possible they filmed some footage with Mark and if so that means they knew what the end of 9 would be. For all we know, tho it goes against everything we think we know, they may have had and ending in mind nut just did not know how to get there??

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's almost word for word what he's been saying ever since it was announced that he was returning for TFA. It really tells us nothing.

20. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    Mmmm... wording is a bit different. There's a script now, and he would know if he's in or not. Of course, he's saying nothing, but why to confirm if he's in or not, if there's a script?

21. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    @Demsa Aztor Luke is a FG now and he "died" in TLJ. MH is in spoiler territory.

Darth Gummybear likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Because it's not his place to say whether or not he's going to come back. LFL will announce it whenever they're ready and Hamill knows this. So he gives a none answer.

23. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

oncafar likes this.
  24. Demsa Aztor

May 29, 2016
    Yeah, that's another way of looking at it.

25. Darth Gummybear

Darth Gummybear Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2016
    Yes, if Luke is in Ep. 9 (and I am almost certain he will be as a Force ghost) it will be kept under wraps for a while. Like how Yoda’s appearance in Ep. 8 was kept secret, although Luke will likely have a bigger role than Yoda did.

rorow1, themoth and oncafar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.