main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Mandalorian (Jon Favreau SW Live Action show) - Now featuring former Man in DeLorean

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s not confirmed, but what else would Filoni be doing?

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    It all but is confirmed without making an official announcement. Even to the point that both Pablo and Andi gave a little wink to fans when saying that this was going to be the last Rebels Recon.

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your link does not work it seems.

5. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Basically it is just a pic of some of the people that has worked on Rebels over the years and him thanking them for all the hard work they did. And then he ends it by saying now let us begin again.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh, so nothing we did not already know.

7. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Not for us that have been paying attention to hints about the next show. But the post was really meant for @Abalore who didn't seem to realize another show was coming.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I wonder how it's going to to work with the expense live action brings. If the budget allows for it, I would love to see a return to the prequel era in live action. Focus on a new Jedi duo before the start of the clone wars (though they do get involved later in it). Another idea for that era is stories about a squad of clone commandos. Then again that could be challenging since its clones. If not PT era, then one about smugglers/criminals in the dark times or about rebels/pilots against the Empire. Sure we got Rebels, but I wish to see more of the actual rebellion. An even riskier move besides going ToR is getting an Imperial perspective show. Following a group of storm troopers around.

kalzeth likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yay, Favs! Can't say I actively dislike anything he works on.

I'm still stumped how everyone else is going to see this not in America. Yes, I know, they will expand EVENTUALLY but that's eventually, what about launch day? Hopefully it gets put on Netflix Canada/International (Star Trek Discovery is a US CBSAll Access Exclusive but in Canada it's on Space/CraveTV and Netflix everywhere else). Otherwise they expect non-US citizens to wait a year or more to watch it? Not bloody likely!

10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Go on plenty of fish and start swooing those American girls so by the time the service is released you can have one already in the bag and she will lovingly pay for the streaming service so you two can have an added activity to do together when you come visit.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Cripes that's a lot of effort! When there's ways to see it if they don't launch it simultaneously internationally. Ways some consider to be unnatural.

But, yah, here's hoping they punt it at launch to an international streaming company. I gots my CraveTV for Star Trek Discovery all ready to go, hopefully they put it there. I think Disney knows there's an eager international fanbase (for Disney/Marvel/Star Wars) so hopefully they are putting it out there. Just holding it for only US audiences for over a year or more would be a pretty wack move.

Like what if Star Wars celebration is held overseas and they're pimping the live action show but, sorry nation where it's being held, you can't watch it but the people watching the Star Wars show stream on youtube in the US get hype!

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Netflix bagged Discovery and between that and Expanse S2, it was reason for me to restart my subscription.

If they're dumb enough to not do the same internationally for this new series, few will care immediately. Probably still buy the DVD, but that can't effect the viewing figures that determine renewal of it.

13. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    My man cave is not big enough for all that’s coming out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I am glad Disney got Favreau to be the Showrunner of their first Star Wars: Live Action TV Series. I like his work; and I think that his style will fit Star Wars well. I don't see him as someone who will try to be too experimental with Star Wars, like a Rian Johnson. I feel that he will be faithful to what people expect out of Star Wars.

kalzeth likes this.
  15. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm pathetic. I never even heard of this guy. Is his other stuff good?

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  17. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    :chef kiss:

18. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Jungle Book, Iron Man, amongst other things?

19. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Have mercy, Disney, I'm only making so much money over here! I'm going to need a second full time job to pay for my Star Wars habit pretty soon.

So Star Wars is soon going to be a franchise with a film series, a live action series, an animated series, a book series, multiple comic book series, and video games, all going on at the same time - and all in-continuity with each other. Star Trek and the MCU have come close, juggling films and shows simultaneously, but I can't think of any other franchise that has really attempted truly coordinated cross-media storytelling on this scale before. Best time ever to be a Star Wars fan, even if I may go broke trying to enjoy it!

20. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Just popping in to say that this is my favorite Jello meme since "Typical Jello." Which likely makes it my favorite meme of any kind since "Typical Jello."

That is all. Continue with this discussion of ... what were we talking about again? Where am I? Oh, it's a thread about Tony Stark's Man Friday making a TV show. Cool. Carry on.

21. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Yeah my mom told me this morning. I didn't see the live-action Jungle Book but I LOVED Iron Giant, so I feel confident.

22. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Disney Direct And Chill :p

Tzizvvt78, jamminjedi23 and Senpezeco like this.
  23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Except this has happened before, in 1999-2008 minus the live action series with the prequels and TCW film. Done by Star Wars itself.

It's a huge undertaking, but it's not new. Legends was multimedia-telling version 1.0, this will be version 2.0. But it's not completely new at all, and was done on a slightly less massive scale by Star Wars itself.

spicer likes this.
  24. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    They came close in 2003-2004 when you had the prequels and the Gennedy microseries happening alongside the books, comics, and video games, I suppose. But outside of the Holiday Special, that's the only time before the canon era where Star Wars had both theatrical films and television productions happening simultaneously.

Not that I want to open this debate up but I was also specifically thinking about the "in-continuity" aspect of it all. By which I mean "it's all canon." In the current era there is both intent and action on Lucasfilm's part to coordinate efforts and clearly show that all those stories told in all those mediums really are occurring in the same shared universe. That sort of coordination did happen in the EU, but GL's "my universe and their universe" view of the relationship between the films and the EU had to be overcome to get there, with varying degrees of success.

Iron_lord and Jedi Princess like this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In 1985, the Ewoks series and the second of two Ewoks movies were both being made, at least - the first Ewoks episode came out in September 1985, and the Battle of Endor movie came out in November 1985.