main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #13-18: Burning Seas (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #13 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Holy hand grenades, those are some beautiful panels.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm surprised were getting such a large time skip so early on in the series. I mean the main star wars series is over forty issues in and all the characters are still talking like the death star happened last week.
    This series has only had three story arcs and they're already jumping ahead three years?

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Is this the arc that show's the Empire conquering Mon Cala?

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Yep.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I'll be so excited to see glimpses of those unproduced Mon Cala episodes from TCW.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope we get to see more of the Empire later on in Star Wars during its 1st and 2 year of existence.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    There seems to be an error in the crawl.

9. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I´m glad it´s a mistake. Maybe it´s three months? anyway, it´s great to know that Vader and his Inquisitors have been achieving "great success" continuing the Purge, but unless they give us an anthology movie about it ([face_praying]), I would imagine that this comic is a great opportunity to actually show us such hunts, instead of treating it like a passing mention or an obscure part of Star Wars mythology.

Besides, the new issue looks amazing. The Mustafar bit is a great parallel with Gillen´s Darth Vader #24...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  10. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I want Quinlan Vos to show up. Then I might start reading comics again. I haven't been so thrilled with Marvel. I preferred Dark Horse.

cwustudent and KikReask like this.
  11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh good. I was disappointed for a moment there.

12. Jarrus

Jarrus Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2018
    Not such a big time gap, then, that would be great! I don´t want to miss anything from this comic, there is so many interesting things going on as it is...

Ithorians and Vialco like this.
  13. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    I was about to comment that as long as the sixth brother doesn't turn up we should be fine, but nice to know these mistakes can be remedied.

We do need the inquisitors having some success as per Ahsoka's comments in twilight of the apprentice.

14. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Hopefully we'll get to see the Death Star scene from ROTS at this issue to make sure we're eventually out of the PT and merge into the Dark Times period. They could instead do a indirect scene of Obi-Wan giving Luke to Beru like how Star Wars #6 showed Vader finding out Luke is his son.

15. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Grand Inquisitor did make rather short of work of Jocasta Nu in the Archives before Vader showed up to save her.

16. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I was really hoping that there wasn't going to be a time-skip in this series and that we would see everything that happened, but I guess if nothing eventful happened I'm fine with a small skip, but I do hope they get back to the assassination plot.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    The three-year timeskip is an error in the opening crawl of the next issue. We're still in 19 BBY.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

18. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I recommend checking this series out, as well as the current Aphra ongoing. Both are pretty spectacular in my opinion.

Yunzabit likes this.
  19. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    So, I'm not collecting this series at present but according to Wookieepedia:

Raddus, Ackbar and Lee-Char appear!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  20. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I wonder if
    Ackbar will end up becoming Tarkin's slave, as in Legends.

21. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    This issue served as a decent set up for the rest of the arc. As a Rogue One fan, it was nice seeing Raddus. The colouring is beautiful and moody - once again, kudos to David Curiel. Nice tease with the Jedi, although we still don't know who he/she is. A bit frustrating, but then again that's part of the fun with reading an ongoing series monthly :p The inquisitor's shuttle looks cool. It was nice to see a Republic Era gunship along OT-style Imperial vehicles.

There are some continuity/timeline questions, however. The "three years passed" are not mentioned only in the crawl, but they are mentioned by Palpatine himself too! So, if there is a mistake in the crawl like Matt Martin said on Twitter, then why is the "mistake" consistent in the comic? If the three years bit is changed to months in the TPB, would that count as a retcon or not? One thing is for sure, there is some time after the end of last issue and the beginning of this one. For example, the Jedi Temple is completely re-fitted into the Imperial Palace. In the previous issue, the Temple was a mess. Even if the time gap is not three years as said in the comic, I'd bet that this issue starts at least 6 months after the previous one. There is no way the Temple was turned into the Palace in a matter of weeks. The biggest issue with the three year gap is the presence of the Sixth Brother - he was supposedly killed by Ahsoka in 18 BBY. There is definitely an error in the timeline here. If the crawl and dialogue by Palp's is fixed to say one year instead of three, things would make a lot more sense because it would logically give time for the Temple to become the Palace and replace the Republic Era fighters and troopers with the OT Era ones. Also, Palapatine's dialogue implies that there has been some time (specifically three years per the comic, but if we pretend that is wrong) in establishing the Empire's presence, using the senate as an "illusion" as he says, and also there is this quote by Palp's: "The time has come for the Empire to evolve." For this line to make sense (or at least not feel forced), we would have to assume that significant time has passed since the establishment of the Empire.

ETA: Well, Matt Martin just clarified that the three years thing is a typo, and that this issue takes place about one year after ROTS. That would make sense!

22. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Noooooooooooooooo

There are already Stormtroopers. Where is my Vader x Clones Action? :clone::_| But those elite troopers are supposed to be clones, aren't they? Maybe there will be some cool action [face_praying]

Good Issue:

It's nice to see the king, Raddus and Ackbar again. This Arc could be great fun! I wonder who the jedi is and why he knows Vader's identity [face_thinking]

cwustudent and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I know your pain, as that is one of the things I'm waiting from this comic :( On a more positive note, there is still a chance to see Vader's black Jedi starfighter in action, as that beauty was destroyed in canon in 14 BBY. A good two years left to use it (if we take the three year gap as correct).

[​IMG]

Matt Martin clarifies when this issue takes place!
    It's about one year after ROTS!

Darth_Pevra and T7-01 like this.
  24. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I guess we have to stick with Legends then. A real shame, because I am kinda tired of seeing Stormtroopers. Forgot about the starfighter, that would be cool to see. I wonder how many Stormtroopers are clones at this time [face_thinking]

cwustudent and spicer like this.
  25. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    The Unknown Jedi says he knows Vader's identity. VERY interesting