main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Mods Editing Story Titles

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2018.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Since only mods currently have the ability to edit titles and we have no idea when the ability for everyone in fanfic will come back, we're going to allow everyone to submit title edits for their stories. We'll have to manually do each one, so please be patient with us in this process.

If you are the host of a resource thread, we will change the title as needed for those threads; just PM us!

Rules for mods editing your title in the story forum:

1. You must send the entire title you would like in the title bar--not just what you want removed or changed- to any or all of the fanfic mods (currently @Mira_Jade , @devilinthedetails , and @Findswoman ). It will be copy/pasted exactly as PMed.
    2. You must include the link to the story.

Other guidelines:
    • You may put whatever you want in the title bar such as characters, genre, update schedule (e.g. updated weekly), anticipated length, etc. but know the title bar only holds 100 characters. You can check how many characters you have in your title on wordcounter.net.
    • Each story/thread title will only be updated once, so please don't put anything you'd want to change later (e.g., a specific update date).
    • If you don't include a link, your title will not be updated.
    • You may send a few at a time over a period of time or your whole list, but please know that if it's a long list (10+ stories), things might not get changed as quickly.
    • This offer is open for the foreseeable future, so if you don't submit an edit now for a story you think you've abandoned and the muse strikes two months from now, you can request to have it changed then.
    • If you would like to edit a prefix, you may ask for that in the PM as well. Remember that we now can add more than one prefix.
    Example PM:

The Most Awesome Story Ever Part 2 - Luke, Han/Leia (Humor, romance) Epic- Updated weekly
    www.boards.theforce.net/URLforThisStoryGoesRightHere

Another Story That I Wrote | Rey, Poe, Finn | teh drama! Oh teh drama! | One Shot
    Prefixes: Saga-PT, Saga-Legends
    www.boards.theforce.net/AnotherStoryURL

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2024
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    There's a stor0rZ without that? :eek:

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much for doing this, you two. I am sure I’m not alone in really, really appreciating it! :)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nopers, sure aren't. @};- [face_laugh] [face_relieved]

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Huge thanks for doing this!!:D

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You two?

Puzzled.

Not seeing any correction saying that this arrangement also includes the NSWFF mod, @Mira_Jade ...

Does she have a different arrangement on this Title's debacle?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Why does that matter?

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Because it could mean that the earlier notice that our fanfic mods were not editing titles, only applied to Bri' and Mavjade; and all this time, I could have gone to Mira_Jade to correct mine.

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Not quite sure I follow you here; Mav and Bri have just said that they most certainly ARE willing to edit titles (if people follow the instructions in the OP above). I said “you two” because (1) only Bri and Mav are referenced in Bri’s OP above, which is because (2) Mira technically is the mod for the NSWFF forum rather than for this one.

So yeah, if you have titles in the SW fanfic section of the forums that need fixing, you can PM Mav and Bri and let them know, according to the instructions above.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Okay, it was Findswoman who said "you two" so you shouldn't necessarily read anything into it other than she was addressing Bri and myself. She is correct that this is part of the Star Wars fanfic section of the boards and Bri and I are only SW FF mods. While we certainly work with Mira a lot and are all fanfic mods, we mod separate forums. We do cross over things such as challenges and awards, but unless it's specifically mentioned, everything in this forum applies to SW FF.

So while I can't (and won't) speak to what Mira may offer in NSWFF she would not have edited your SW titles without discussing it with us first after this issue presented itself. We decided to wait and see if the issue could be fixed in a timely manner so we didn't have to manually go through the work of changing everyone's stories and then have the ability back soon thereafter. When it became clear it was not, we made the decision to take the time to do it so that people wouldn't have old information in their titles.

12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Yes, this is mav and Bri's arrangement! NSWFF tends to be a step behind SWFF in order to follow suit - I would not have edited titles in NSWFF until it was decided that they were ready to take on the much larger task of editing titles on the SW side of things in order to keep things uniform. We work together that way. It's been nothing but a pleasure being a neighboring mod to the SWFF.

Now, that said, I am more than happy to do the same thing for titles in NSWFF, and I will be posting a similar thread to this so that everyone has access to the instructions. mav and Bri decided to do a wonderful thing here in taking on this extra task to keep the boards spiffy and organized. Let's get back to celebrating that. :p

13. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    All our mods is awesome. When the boards go wonky, they step in and fix!

[:D][face_love][:D][face_love]^:)^^:)^^:)^

14. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Thanks for taking the time for that, I know it'll help out a lot for many of us with works that were started before all of this! [face_love]

15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm so very confused right now.

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Copy / paste error. We will fix those if it is our fault

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I was hoping it was something surrealist. Booo. :( Weekend = ruined. :(

;)

Togruta likes this.
  18. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I've been away for a while. I don't suppose this issue has been fixed?

19. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Nope. Just PM one of us if you need a title change.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  20. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Oh... that answers why I suddenly can not edit a thread title like I remember being able to. I thought we were having a very odd glitch until I noticed the thread notice...

Findswoman likes this.