main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 23: The Path Ahead Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 17, 2018.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Training with Master Yoda in the swamps of Dagobah, Luke learns an important lesson.

Dagobahsystem and revan772 like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Huh, this is the first one without a female in it. I thought that was a selling point of the show. Just suprised is all.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    More importantly, isn't this the first time Mark has voiced Luke in animation (apart from that time in 1978 that we don't talk about)... and isn't that a good sign for things to come?

Baron_Papanerd and Dagobahsystem like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh indeed! Depends how affordable he is.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Somehow I don't think money is an object for Disney.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    As long as the show or movie makes money it won’t be a problem, but we know what happened to TCW. It could not make its money back and it got canned.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Even at its peak I doubt that Rebels achieved the ratings that TCW did by the time it was cancelled. And being a voiceover for a cartoon short isn't the same thing as for a recurring character on a long series.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I’d love to see Mark return as Luke for the new animated series. To be fair, he’s done a lot of voice work for cartoons and whatnot. He played the Joker for a very long time. Knowing the type of person he is, he’d probably want to do it as well.

9. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Yeah lets get that Ashley/Mark Chem going for Ahsoka/Luke XD It would be soo good

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Please No.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Why?

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  13. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    .................. ME dunna

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hearing Mark do young Luke is a treat. He sounds older, but still manages to capture the performance he gave as a young man. Lovely, lovely episode.

Dagobahsystem and cwustudent like this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I know Mark tried his best to sound younger than he actually is but it does sound off. The only reason it doesn't bother me much is that it's short so it's not THAT bad.

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think they should to recast for young Luke's voice going forward. It was too uncanny. I'm sure they can find work for Mark as other characters.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  17. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    That was a great episode and Mark sounded perfect. Recasting him would be a terrible mistake.

And count me in for a Luke and Ahsoka episode. That would be so cool.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    This is essentially an extension of the scene that we see Luke running around with Yoda on his back in ESB. Not bad.

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Luke sounds like he's been smoking cigs for 35 years.

More seriously, was nice and nostalgic - but would've preferred an older Luke training a new character or something than this.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Look I am fine with Ahsoka being around during the OT/ the sequel trilogy , but I just don’t want them interacting is all.

Anyway. I quite liked this short and it was really good to see Yoda and Luke interact like this once again.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Using Mark Hamill to voice Luke is a no brainer, as long as he wants to do it. It doesn't matter if he sounds 'older.'
    Mark is Luke.

Like, hey, Paul McCartney will join this Beatles tribute concert and sing a few songs.

"No, no, no. Nope. Let's hire a 24 year old singer who impersonates Macca to do the job."

What a ridiculous concept.

22. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    That was terrific.

Any Doctor Who fans who have enjoyed any Big Finish audio dramas are used to hearing audibly aged actors (Peter Davison in particular) portray their younger selves. If the material is good, there's just no one better to portray the character than the actor who originated it, no matter the passage of years.

Of course, British actors have a more serious tradition of viewing radio and voice acting on the same level as stage or screen acting -- not all American actors can say the same, but guess who can: Mark. So yes, much more of this, please!

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  23. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    He does sound older but its still mark hamill so its nice that they got him to do it.

For the next animated show it would be cool if they got hamill to voice luke again but i assume there is a reason why he rarely voiced luke in animated forms.

I think after TLJ it would be rewarding to fans to hear mark voice a luke thats more in mind with maybe how Mark see the character.

kalzeth and cwustudent like this.
  24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Indeed. I hope Hamill's voice-work in FOD is just an appetizer.

25. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Hearing Mark's voice made my face light up, I hope he remains involved in SW animation - I would love to hear a conversation between Luke and Ahsoka.