main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 22: Bounty Hunted Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 17, 2018.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Maz Kanata helps Leia, Chewbacca and R2-D2 with a clever plan to free Han from Jabba the Hutt.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I guess Luke didn't come up with that ill fated plan after all.

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Makes him look less like a complete idiot which is good.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Maybe he has his own plan. "I have a bad feeling about this, Artoo. Here, take my lightsaber." :luke::greensaber::r2:

So, about Maz, where the heck is Anakin's lightsaber?! :anakin::bluesaber:

MandaloreRex2015 and MrDarth0 like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope she gets it after Luke exiled himself.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Luke: Maz Kanata! Great to meet someone as venerable as yourself.
    Maz: Hello Skywalker. I have something for you.
    Luke: Great! But first, I just made a new lightsaber, maybe you would want to see it?
    Maz (stashing Luke's old saber in a back pocket): Ah, sure. Let me see it. Ah, yes, good craftsmanship. It will work fine.
    Luke: So what did you have for me?
    Maz: Oh, uh, it's a plan! A Plan to rescue your friend Han Solo. Yes, that's what I have for you.

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  8. Jamie1001

Jamie1001 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    This may be my favourite of the new batch! Seeing Boushh was great and it felt like we were witnessing an important moment. And it was great to see Ord Mantell as well and in the style of the concept art created for the Clone Wars.

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Leia saying "This could come in handy" when picking up the thermal detonator; I'm pretty sure she says that in Shadows of the Empire when she picks one up there as well. Nice callback. :D

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I like Leia's outfit in this episode. Are those Han's pants? LOL

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I bet underneath Boushh's helmet was a porg .[face_cowboy]

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Once again this was cool in how it tied into ROTJ. These shorts are definitely improving and I look forward to what comes next.

13. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I missed that it was Ord Mantell the first time, but watching again I even spotted Skorr from the newspaper strip "Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell" at about :15 seconds!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The more I watch this one the more I think they got Maz’s Face from a turtle.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That is Skorr! :eek:

And Jaxxon to the left in the same shot. [face_laugh]

16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I noticed Skorr as well, I love when they toss hints of the EU into animation. This was my favorite of the new batch of episodes - the Leia / Maz connection was great.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Liked the small references to the old Marvel Star Wars run, but what was the plan in Jabba's palace again?

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Wasn't it to con Jabba into releasing Han?

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Noticed Jackson too. So he is finally canon.

20. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    Was it?

From the way its presented in the movie, it looks like Luke never expected it will be possible to get Han back without violence. Or perhaps Leia had her plan going, while Luke came up with his own backup plan in case Leia fails in getting Han out the stealth way.

The funny thing is, if Jabba would have agreed to Luke's offer, 3PO and R2 would have had to stay with Jabba as they were legitimate gifts to him :)

cwustudent and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That's pretty interesting, re: Luke. Maybe I didn't give it much thought before. I mean, wasn't Leia sincerely trying to rescue Han? I don't like the idea that anybody intended on Leia's enslavement. I think Luke concluded that Leia's efforts would fail, so he had a separate plan to rescue everyone forcefully. It would've been kinda funny if Luke was in this episode, hearing Maz's plan and rolling his eyes. Then Maz could smack him and yell at him about being cocky.

Speaking of Maz, you think she took one look at Leia and knew who and what she was - Luke's sister and Forceful? Bcs it sounds like she's been running around with the gang since pre-Empire, if she's heard about Leia from Han. But tbh she could've not met Luke yet... I wish there was more to this situation now. A 2D miniseries covering the year between ESB and ROTJ would be pretty awesome. ;););) @ LFL

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  22. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    If we think about it, the plan to save Han from Jabba is really weird and convoluted:

1. We know Lando has been undercover posing as one of Jabba's guards at least for a while. Why? Let's assume he's there as a backup and to gather information.

2. 3-PO and R2 are given as gifts to Jabba. Why? We know Luke hid his lightsaber in R2, as he probably knew he wouldn't be able to bring any weapons to the palace, but it also very strongly implies that Luke never expected that they'll be able to get Han back peacefully and he expected violent confrontation from the beginning (not very Jedi like). If Jabba would have actually accepted Luke's offer and perhaps sold Han back to them, what would Luke do? Leave 3PO and R2 with Jabba?

3. Leia in disguise. What exactly was Leia's plan? Was the plan always to sneak Han out in the middle of the night? If so, why the droids? And why Luke's involvement? Also, even if Leia would have succeeded, she just brought Chewie as a prisoner to Jabba, so they would have to save Chewie instead of Han. Or was the plan for Leia to just release Han from carbonite and they always expected to be caught after that? Or did Leia spontaneously improvise because she saw a chance and her releasing Han from carbonite in the middle of the night was never part of the original plan? If so, she kinda screwed up.

4. Luke's arrival. What did Luke expect would happen? If Jabba would have agreed to his offer, he needs to leave the droids with him plus Chewie and Leia are still Jabba's prisoners. Or did Luke assume that Jabba will just release all of them out of goodness of his heart and let them all go? And what's the first thing Luke does when Jabba refuses? He gets a blaster and tries to shoot him.

From all of this, it looks like Luke's & Leia's plan was either to threaten or kill Jabba to release Han from the very beginning. They were just smuggling all their friends inside Jabba's palace and expected violent confrontation from the very beginning.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Hey my boy Jaxxon is back in canon! Now half the characters I named my dog after are back in the canon. :)

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    We really need some story in canon that clarifies how the planning stages of Han's rescue went

cwustudent and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  25. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Has it been confirmed that it is meant to be Jaxxon? Because I think it looks like Skorr's bounty hunter partner Furlag aswell. It would make more sense for him to be there with Skorr and Boushh.