main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Trenchcoats Are Back, Baby: The Matrix Resurrections

Discussion in 'Community' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Mar 1, 2014.

1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    It had to end with the architect tho because it serves the purpose of putting all the characters in a hopeless situation befitting the end of an Act 2 , like ESB did .

I think Smith's arc made sense - even in the first one he hated the matrix and saw humanity as a virus which he of course becomes in the sequels . Plus Hugo Weaving is so great .

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Perhaps. Most people don't think highly of the Matrix sequels. For me, on a intellectual level and logical scene the sequels are fine, but on a level of story telling and emotional investment, I don't the follow up films are satisfying.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    More Merovingian

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  4. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I found Reloaded just fantastic , and then I was so disappointed in Revolutions , Morpheus was sidelined as a passenger (Morpheus !) , and so much bad dialogue and ugly hardware bashing into each other . Plus it failed to up the ante on the rabbit hole / philosophy stuff . There are some good bits but - I find it bizarre that these 2 films were made at the same time , its almost like someone else came in and went in a different direction .

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Reading up the articles, Zak Penn does have some nerd cred and he appears to be very passionate about writing some "spinoff" Matrix films. At least, that's what it's sounding like to me, since it won't be a reboot or a continuation of the trilogy. This "spinoff" reminds me of the video game, Enter The Matrix, which was suppose to be a companion piece to the sequels.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Animatrix is pretty great, at least the two-parter about the rise of the machines.

7. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Niobe was a terrible character .
    Some of the animatrix was wonderful , Zion being zero-one , that is just brilliant .

8. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *fixed

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    What i did not like about Niobe was that Morpheus was moved aside to accommodate her. At the very least, during the rush to the dock, why not put Morpheus in a gunner's chair? Oh no, he just sits there.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    [​IMG]
    I hope the movie starts like this, then it turns in the machine baby face from Revolutions.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Niobe was better than Roy Jones, Jr.'s character. I'm not sure why everyone had to talk in such a stiff monotone manner when plugged into The Matrix in the sequels as demonstrated in the meeting with all the ships' captains. I could see Morpheus doing as such as it was part of his character, but everyone else spoke naturally.

The "Animatrix's" Second Renaissance was worthy of note, as it provided the foundation for The Matrix films and was wonderful history of that world. I would hope this gets adapted into a live action trilogy as it would cover things like racism, discrimination, civil liberties, A.I. as sentient beings, etc which lead to cause of the darkening of earth's skies and the world between humans and A.I.

BigAl6ft6 and gezvader28 like this.
  12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    To stay sharp and relevant, the new heroes are going to wear trap fashion and 6ixty9ine face tats.

tom likes this.
  14. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    why even do this

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Because we need a Matrix/Johnny Mnemonic/Lawnmower Man Cinematic Universe right now.

16. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    The problem for me though is that unlike ESB it feels like too much of a rug pull that doesn't feed into the finale nearly as well.

17. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Because....WOAH.

Also

[​IMG]

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Somebody could salvage this franchise if they did something like Fury Road for Mad Max. Too bad there can only be one Fury Road.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  19. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Oh come on - Matrix and Mad Max are two entirely different things.

Mad Max is timeless because of the way it combines Western, Urban and Post-Apocalyptic Warfare, and overall swagger.

The Matrix is very much a product of its time: bullet time, nuMetal, long leather coats and WOAH.

Mad Max is one of the easiest things to adapt or reboot for the times.

The Matrix? What? Agent Smith resurrected via Hashtag?

20. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    The Matrix- Resetted
    The Matrix- Turn it off and then back on again
    The Matrix- 2080ti with cooler lighting.

...I’d actually like a new one though.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    So they need their flamethrower guitar guy for the trailer?

Maybe a guy with a goatee who can totally manipulate space in the matrix to make portals and portal cut agents in half and reshape the entire environment and rewind time but then Dr Strange already exists.

22. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    The Matrix: Loot Boxed

The Matrix: Microtransacted

The Matrix: Fallouted 76 stylez

darthcaedus1138 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    I mean to be fair I could see the Matrix franchise shifting style, whether this will actually happen or not is another thing entirely.

24. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    The logistics of farming humans to use as living batteries can't be very efficient. Especially with the inevitable diseases that will befall your human crop as a consequence of feeding them a cannibal diet of liquified old humans. The twist should be that a long time ago, the humans asked for this themselves. :eek:

Also, the machines should hire @Rylo Ken as renewable energy consultant.

25. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Well...yes.

I mean, the Architect did say that there were multiple versions of the Matrix which were lived to their fullest possible extent before destruction.

But, when you look at trend with sequels and soft reboots today (Star Wars included), would the story telling be nothing more then a thinly veiled new paint job? At the same time, if that means more direct and less pretentious dialogue, maybe. But I don't know.

Really, The Matrix is a one-film idea. You can watch that and really be content. Reloaded was fun, but utterly disposable. Revolutions? Ooof.