main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Yup, I'm going with the Shadows of the Empire explanation for that outfit.

PCCViking and Nom von Anor like this.
  2. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah, the plot didn't make a lot of sense, but it was a cartoon aimed at kids so I'm cutting it some slack. It gets bonus point from me for getting to see Leia and Maz interact together which I've been wanting to see since TFA.

Minus the Xizor rapey pheromones part, I really enjoyed the characterization of Leia in Shadows of the Empire and how the author captured her fire and spirit (something that often got missing in the post ROTJ books).

Did anyone in this thread read the novelization, and is there anything worth getting for fans of Han/Leia? I skipped it mostly because I wasn't interested in reading all the Reylo parts but I could be convinced otherwise if there's some good Leia stuff... @Jedi Ben

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  3. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Jedi Jessy and unicorn like this.
  4. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Is this the wedding where everyone started farting? That was the weirdest thing I've ever read in a SW book.

Cool to see Leia as a minister though. I wonder who married Han and Leia?

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Logray?

6. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    Probably Mon Mothma, but I love the idea of Logray or Chief Chirpa officiating at Han and Leia's wedding.

BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1 and unicorn like this.
  7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I think Bloodline or the Aftermath books stressed that the ceremony was on the Endor Moon, and was very quiet (only a few closest friends/family present).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  8. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    You would've though that the burgeoning New Republic would have pushed for a nice public wedding; two heroes of the Alliance marrying makes for good propaganda.

9. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Mon Mothma’s propagandists would have had a tough time convincing Han to go along with that.

Daneira, Sologal and Corellian Blue like this.
  10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Aaaand that's a story I want to hear! :p

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    They told Leia to talk him into it.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  12. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    https://t.co/kr7MT7q74K?amp=1

If you could write another Star Wars comic are there any characters or time periods you’d jump at the chance to write about?
    I’d love to do a Leia & Han adventure caper – big bombastic space adventure coupled with enough chemistry and sexual tension to cut with a knife – sort of set between New Hope and Empire, or post Jedi. I actually pitched a mini-series about just that to Marvel, but I think because of the Solo film, the timing wasn’t great? But maybe someday! Leia is a character I’d love to explore more, regardless, Han too.

Would love to see this someday! I don’t see why the Solo film would prevent new ANH-ESB comics being written.

I noticed they used Alden’s face for the latest comic instead of Harrison’s which is weird since the comic takes place between ANH and ESB?

13. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Huh, I thought I'd read EVERYTHING in Legends Han/Leia, but I guess I missed this! A pre COPL Leia short story (no longer canon, but a lot more in character than COPL Leia):

http://www.unboundworlds.com/2012/10/star-wars-shorts-crossroads/

But she could not ignore that small part of her that just wanted to find Han and run off with him. To abandon the businesses of government and diplomacy and have him leave his smuggling and military careers behind. She wanted them to start a life together, to just be with each other and not be disturbed.

14. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Wait.....what was that? They’ve replaced Harrison’s likeness with Alden’s on art of Han set after ANH????

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

And so it begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gharlane likes this.
  15. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    LOL yeah, it's the Mutiny at Mon Cala series

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star...on_Cala,_Part_III?file=StarWars2015-46-GI.jpg

I don't really mind seeing Alden as Han pre ANH, but it's weird they would do it for an ANH-ESB series? Did Han get a face transplant in-between? LOL

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  16. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    From that link looks like he’s only on a variant cover. They put lots of weird stuff on variant covers. From pics posted in threads here dedicated to the comics, he still looks like Harrison in the actual art inside. Thank goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    It's definitely just a variant, I'm reading that arc and they are using Harrison Ford's face, and Han's classic outfit.
    The story on this arc is pretty good, by the way.

Claire1976 likes this.
  18. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001

Hmm, it looks like they're going with the "Han is a womanizer" backstory in the new canon, compared to Legends. It'll be interesting if we see if the events of Solo and his relationship with Qi'ra turns him into this callous womanizer until he meets Leia.

19. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    "This hero is a womanizer" stuff.... need to end. Seriously, I think it's too boring (maybe it was cool 30 years ago but not anymore)

20. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    http://www.starwars.com/news/han-an...nks-to-sana-starros-in-this-last-shot-excerpt

New excerpt from Last Shot - Han and Sana for the win!

I'm curious what will happen between Han and Lando in the second part of the book because I'm expecting Solo will explain why Lando was so pissed at Han when they met up in ESB. But then according to Last Shot, they have another adventure between Solo and ESB? I guess Legends did this too with Scoundrels.

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    We've known that since The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farmboy came out, with the "ongoing relationships with women in multiple spaceports" theme - and Jenny realising he doesn't even remember her name - and throwing her drink in his face.

Jedi Knight Fett and unicorn like this.
  22. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Potential spoilers for Solo/Most Wanted:
    Now that we're given the backstory he's been with his childhood sweetheart for years though, the question will be did she make him become that way?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    An interesting question. Which of these two would fans generally prefer?

1: he was 100% monogamous & faithful till he became bitter and cynical

2: he was polyamorous very early on - nothing in particular "making" him that way

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Personally, I am not a big fan of the "love interest gets fridged to make hero cynical trope (not a spoiler, this is just what I'm guessing is going to happen to Qi'ra), but it bodes better for his future relationship with Leia if he all along only wanted to be settled down with one person but hadn't met the right person yet. He does say in The Princess, the Scoundrel and the Farmboy he'd settle down like Chewie has if he met the right woman. It also goes against the narrative that's been pushed since TFA that Han never really wanted to be tied down and that's why he had trouble being a good husband and father

25. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I was thinking about that, maybe the part of the story that follows Han before ANH won't feature Lando, just like the Lando part may not feature Han. MAybe just the post-ROTJ content will have both characters.