main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Reorganization of WNU- We changed our Mind - Question inside, please, reply

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You might have realised that my time is getting more and more reduced. So I’m preparting to step down and Baz will stay the only Mod of WNU. I'm really glad to know that WNU is staying in good wise hands! But since he has to handle WNU alone, we decided that we have to reduce the workload. We can reach this aim by getting back to the very basics of WNU.

This means only the welcome “hi, I’m new” threads will stay and one single informational thread to lead new people to the right places. All other threads will be locked or moved to a better suited place. Like the threads in the header. They get locked or updated and moved to Comms mainly.

So all thread creators will get a pm within the next few days to discuss the details. We would like to have you in the boat, so we can find the best option that's possible!

There are only two thread we are not sure about:
    1. Mark up code thread - It’s there from the beginning and there are reasons to keep it as well as moving it.
    2. The same for the second one: the promotion thread “attentions: cool places to check out”.

So we would like to get your feedback.

What are your thoughts? Shall they stay or be moved?

We know that it’s a tough cut. But with the times changing, we are pretty sure that it will be the best for WNU. We hope you can understand the reasons and we love the support you all give us and the new members.

Thanks for you being here!! [:D]
    Thanks for your support by all of you! [:D]

@Bazinga'd

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You will be missed! [:D]

I feel like those are good threads to have. There are many people who aren’t sure about how to use spoilers or insert media, and this gives them a place to do it without it being trial and error elsewhere on the boards.

For the cool places thread, I wonder if it would get more attention if it was pinned at the top? People would notice it and use it more. :)

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would definitly say keep those two threads. Anyway you were a great moderator @Skiara I hope you stick around.

AzureAngel2 and Skiara like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Can't we just lock the whole forum and ban all the new users? That's the approach I would take.

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Or, we could just send them all over to the New Films forums.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Why would you ever want to do that to them, you monster?!

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    [:D]

You really think that would help? I was always under impression, if you want a thread not read, then make it stickied. Did the time changed?

8. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I haven't been around here much for a while, but yeah, I would say keep those two threads and sticky them.:)

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Sorry to see you go @Skiara, you were always a welcoming influence here in WNU. @Bazinga'd, I'm always around to help ban some new folks if you need it.

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    just to ask about the bit in bold, why does Baz have to work alone? I'm sure you could get another/new mod to help out :)

sorry to see you go Skiara :(

12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    The first rule about Mod Squad is that we dont talk about the policy and administrative aspects that occur behind the scenes which are necessary to keep this board fully operational. So I wont go into specific details. But after a lengthy discussion internally, we decided that at this time this was the best course of action. Of course, we really dont want @Skiara to leave in the first place. But you have to respect her personal decision.

13. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
  14. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm not sure if there will be a separate "appreciation" thread for @Skiara, so let me just echo those above who have said they will miss her modly presence here. Skiara has been such a wonderful WNU mod over her many years of service to this community!

She was so helpful and welcoming during my first months on the board and I think it was one of several important factors in my early experience that made me end up staying around! Even after my "awkward noob" phase:p, she has continued to be ever-helpful to me (and soooo many others). In addition to being an awesome mod, she's an awesome person, and I'm honored to call her not just a friendly mod, but a friend:)[:D]

So thank you, Skiara, for all you have done=D=@};-=D=

If there is a separate "appreciation" thread for her later (when she actually steps down), I will be more than happy to continue to sing her praises there:D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You really made me blush! [face_blush] Thanks a lot for your kind words! [:D]
    I really hope that I helped a few more newbies as well in the earlier times, sadly the numbers got down due to time issues on my side. So I can’t help as much anymore, but be sure, when I can I will be around again to help new members - unless I’m counting to “new ones” then as well. ;)

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Keep in Mind that tomorrow we starting locking and moving threads. @Skiara

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    AzureAngel2, Pensivia and Skiara like this.
  17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I've started to lock and move the threads we have spoken about. Would you take of the rest, @Bazinga'd? I can't take them all. Too less time. Thanks! :)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask in here. Baz or me will answer as fast as possible. :)

Happy Easter to you all! [:D]

AzureAngel2 and Pensivia like this.
  18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Rest of the threads are in proces of being locked @Skiara

I locked the Mark-Up Code thread because in light of the recent board update it has become redundant.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  19. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    After the passage of April 1st , we have for no reason whatsoever changed our mind about reorganzing WNU. Also @Skiara is not leaving us. Sorry for our sudden change of heart.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  20. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  22. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Well, I fell for that one, lol. I guess next year I'll have to start being suspicious a full week before the day, hahaha. Or maybe a full month...:p

23. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    @Skiara - I was always impressed with your running of WNU, and how you interacted with new members.

I also agree with your view on stickied threads. I honestly don't know how, but I was here (not just WNU) four years before I noted the existence of stickied threads. Perhaps the fact that they never moved, made them blend into the background.

I have always considered the markup code thread, a good, useful idea, and would keep it.

AzureAngel2 and Bazinga'd like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wait I totally thought this was a real thing. Well played.

AzureAngel2, Dandelo and Bazinga'd like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    We're still doing this though, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.