main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. AzureOwl

AzureOwl Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    I'm conflicted about those versions of the freighter.

On the one hand, they are indeed more beautiful and Corellian-looking.

On the other hand, the Eravana makes a ton more sense as a vehicle for hauling cargo.

seeker_two and TheRedBlade like this.
  2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    This is gorgeous:

[​IMG]

Hell, scale it down, it would make a great shape for the Starhawk battleship! ;)

--Adm. Nick

3. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    Looks more like a mallet than a hatchet. Rotate the hammer head 90 degrees, make it 300-500 meters and there's a Nebulon K suitable for use by the New Republic or First Order.

vncredleader likes this.
  4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    It would make for a decent NR dreadnaught. I wonder if we will ever see something of that size, fighting for our heroes

5. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    For now I think we have to be content with small band of Rebels versus the Empire yet again.

Maybe by the NEXT sequel trilogy we'll finally see the NR looking in-charge and powerful...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  6. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Wouldn’t that be refreshing. Since we’ve never seen them as an organized force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    I as well hate the underdog storyline in star wars. I loved the clone wars for that reason. The CIS and Republic seemed so even and at different points of the war it seemed like either side had the upperhand. The underdog storyline seems like especially in the ST that the Resistance is always going to win. I want two or more close factions in star wars who are relatively equal in power, with new ships, to be the conflict of some movies or series.

8. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    That almost looks like an Assault Frigate. The dreadnaught like nose and the flared tall tail fin.

Backwards...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  9. Commodore_Chris

Commodore_Chris Jedi Padawan

Oct 9, 2017
    Speaking of Starhawks and scale, was it ever stated what size range the Starhawk falls into? I had imagined it exceeding the MC85 (perhaps approxinately 5-6 km nose to tail). I would think it would need to be pretty substantial in size and power to drag an Executor-class down with it, even if the latter was crippled, as happened at Jakku.

10. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Wait a tic... I think these ships were introduced back in Star Tours: The Adventure Continues. Coruscant sequence, if I remember right.....

Commander_Andersen likes this.
  11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    No, there is no confirmed size. The designation of "battleship" really doesn't mean much, as ship scales (especially Rebel/NR ones) tend to be smaller. We know it's powerful enough to take on and defeat an ISD, plus that it's more heavily armed than MC80's like Home One.

In Empire's End, there is a part during the battle over Jakku where it is stated that the Starhawk was designed to surpass the benchmarks set by prior Mon Cala cruisers. My guy says it's a few kilometers long at most, I'd argue it's probably smaller than the MC85 cruiser.

Outside of being mentioned in Battlefront II during the Jakku ground missions and a quick name drop in the novelization for The Last Jedi, we really haven't seen many of them. One vessel survived Jakku, the Unity. Only three had been completed by that point, but I'm sure others were under construction. As for the MC85's, I suspect that they are more numerous, as they are capable of being produced at Mon Cala and Corellia.

I wonder if the MC85 Dawn of Tranquility was at Jakku? [face_thinking] It said it was completed before the Concordance, I suspect that any completed MC85's were rushed to Jakku as well.

--Adm. Nick

vncredleader likes this.
  12. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    In reading that young adult Luke Skywalker novel excerpt, there is an account of Star Destroyers dropping out of orbit down onto the surface of Jakku.

Are we to believe Luke was using the Force to knock down Imperial ships or am I reading that wrong?

13. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Do you mean The Legends of Luke Skywalker? Because that's a collection of tales recited by in-universe characters, so don't take everything (or anything) literally.

Daneira, BLemelisk and TheRedBlade like this.
  14. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    At maybe half-scale, it would be one of Lando's shieldships from Nkllon.

15. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I guess I am just really hopeful for a decently sized navy for the NR/Resistance by 9. The fact that we have seen stories make a point of saying that the taskforces are around and split up makes me think there is hope. After how small scale and minimalist Abram's combat was in TFA, I would think he would choose to go the exact opposite in 9. ROTJ upped the anti from ANH 20 fold, would not be shocked if we see the same in 9. Just hoping for no SKB II if that's the case. :p

Snafu55 likes this.
  16. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    They are certainly in the queue area sequence -- I posted some screenshots of them back in November, along with an extended CR70 variant that I would love to see canonized.

Anyways, this is in fact almost a direct trace of the Star Tours appearance -- scroll down a few images here and voila:

Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    It would probably be too much to hope for something like the Battle of Coruscant again, but I hope that IX can at least match the Battle of Scarif. If a spin-off movie budget can afford it, why not IX? Well, better director aside, but still. They've already ripped off the Battles of Yavin and Hoth, I just hope they don't screw up their Endor re-enactment after how boring the Battle of Crait was.

18. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I enjoyed Crait personally, but yeah I would hope to see something with more push and pull in 9. I know this is still up in the air, but if the Supremacy is capable of being salvaged, then I think that almost certainly will be the main space battle for 9. I do wonder though if we will have our heroes being the ones being attacked as the big space battle. Other than the Battle of Coruscant, have we had a space battle in the films that had our heroes being on the defensive? Sorta the fight over Ach To but that was more pushing an offensive to buy time for escape than holding a line

BLemelisk likes this.
  19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I'd say that a large scale space battle in IX is about as sure a thing as we can assume. I'd personally love it to occur over Coruscant (maybe Kylo sets up shop there), thematically it would be cool to have the climactic battle of the Skywalker Saga occur over the former galactic capital.

--Adm. Nick

20. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I'd love for the First Order to try and push their way to Coruscant and occupy it, showing the galaxy how legitimate they are. With Snoke gone, whatever he was using the First Order for is also presumably out the window.

In their haste though they've left their flanks open and the defense forces from across the galaxy unite to close in on them.

And then you queue up the "Everything But The Kitchen Sink CGI Battle: Part 2"

21. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    That's part of the charm of having the "good guy" fleet in IX being a true amalgamation of everything. Surviving NRDF task forces would have modern ships (MC85's, Neb-C's, Bunkerbusters, etc), but every single planetary security fleet could be somewhat different. You could visually be ambitious and literally show every ship from the PT to ST in this battle. It would not only be epically cool... but also visually show that the Galaxy is uniting to oppose the First Order.

Imagine... old ISD's, Seppie warships, old Rebel designs, Clone Wars designs, NR designs, all fighting in unison against the FO. I'd probably have a hert attack... but it would be worth it.

--Adm. Nick

22. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    Star Destroyers and other sorts of standard vessels painted up with local alien insignia, yes please.

Imagine it from a marketing perspective too, they could resell toys from all SW eras.

23. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    One thing I really want is Seppie ships evolutions being present. A mark II of the Lukrehulk being on our heroes'' side over Coruscant would be amazing. Imagine Venators and Lukrehulks, supporting MCs and Corellian ships. Throw in Sullustan ships, maybe even reused Imp ships. And to top it off: the Star Hawks

oooohhhhh. If we got legos of old ships that's original sets are out of stock, or new models of things like a 3.75 ARC-170; I would straight up cry

24. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    If I see an ISD painted up in Republic colors, I can die in peace.

25. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I've always loved the idea of each NR member's local navy having unique colors and marking, but all of them using the Starbird to signify their unity. One of the cool things from Cracken's Threat Dossier was that we see this very thing in the Bakuran and Corellian fleets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd love to see this in the new canon. Each member world having a unique set of colors and insignia, but all incorporating the Starbird.

--Adm. Nick